997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pcm 2 and bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Mark esc cos is infamous around these parts
Pcm 2 and bose system

Hi

I'm looking to replace the PCM2 with an iPad mini and hooking it up to the Bose amp using an optical out Bluetooth receiver. Has anyone tried this before ? Would I be better just swapping out the Bose amp ?

Thoughts welcome

Here is a pic prior to me finishing the bezel that will make the iPad look factory fitted.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Mark esc cos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by semicycler
Yes thanks seen that already.

So I'm going to install a unit in the car to let me stream via wifi the music from the iPad it is similar to the airport express, this unit will then connect via optical to an Audison bit 10 with the remote volume control in the little cubby under the heater controls. Then the bit 10 dsp to a 4 channel amp powering door speakers and tweaters and a second amp for the subs. Looks like this is the best way to go and will end with very good quality sound.

Will post up the parts later for this who are interested.

So before all that I'm going to start on the bezel for the iPad. I'm going to try this from scratch as I really want the full ipadscreen visible.

More to follow