997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pcm white display problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:37 AM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
Pcm white display problem.

Recived this problem after splitting the stereo to repain the front facepanel.
Does this for some wiered reason.
This happens once I turn of the car / turn of the stereo or put it into "black" mode.

Edit:

I was there today, removed the wrap over the light sensor but that didn't work, started the gps, noticed everythign works apart from the gps antennawhen it comes to the gps part? It works as far as I can enter information, start it, it guides me etc, but it's from the location I was at last time it was started. So it doesn't find my current position, another fun thing I jsut notice is this:
When I toch anything outside that activates any signal in the car, it activates the stereo for 10-20 seconds.
Video below. (keep in mind that the car is locked on the video)

Last edited by HolmaN; 12-11-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:14 AM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
New shorter and better video added.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:27 AM
raaspaza is infamous around these parts
I would try separating the screens again and reconnecting it. The only other thing I could say is check to see if their is some light level sensor that got covered up when you painted the surround (adjust brightness based on ambient light). Check to see if you can adjust the brightness with the cluster dimmer switch also.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the reply mate, I'll have a look at it!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:28 PM
I was there today, removed the wrap over the light sensor but that didn't work, started the gps, noticed everythign works apart from the gps antennawhen it comes to the gps part? It works as far as I can enter information, start it, it guides me etc, but it's from the location I was at last time it was started. So it doesn't find my current position, another fun thing I jsut notice is this:
When I toch anything outside that activates any signal in the car, it activates the stereo for 10-20 seconds.
Video below. (keep in mind that the car is locked on the video)

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 PM
raaspaza is infamous around these parts
That's crazy. Somehow some wiring got crossed or pinched. It's almost as if its doing the same thing as the door lights. I would definitely check for some bare wires.