997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by 1999Porsche911
Already reported on another forum. I don't build cars anymore for any other reason than my own satisfaction and challenge. It sure makes it alot more enjoyable having only to prove failure or success to yourself, rather than to others.
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!! Dude, you crack me up ! You deal in FACTS but this forum has NEVER seen one of your alleged "timeslips" or VIDEO ??? Wouldn't you want to SHARE such a major achievement as getting a lowely3.4L EVO SC'ed 911 to outperform their latest 997 3.6L*. (12.1@119)

---Kevin

Old 01-12-2006, 09:25 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Already reported on another forum. I don't build cars anymore for any other reason than my own satisfaction and challenge. It sure makes it alot more enjoyable having only to prove failure or success to yourself, rather than to others.
post it, post it! where's the link. was it posted on rennlist?

Old 01-12-2006, 09:58 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sticky
AWE-tuning claims nearly 40 @ the wheels for their full exhaust system including cats, mufflers, and headers. If added on top of the supercharger I don't see why the gains wouldn't be more profound considering how much less back pressure there would be.

I assumed something close to a peak of 500 @ the wheels wouldn't be out of question...

With X51 cylinder heads cracking 500 might be possible, I like to think positive
is awe's claim a max gain somewhere in the rpm range, or peak HP? i'm not buying a peak HP gain of that much, especially on an NA car. i'd have to see an independent customers dyno before i bought into that claim.

man, this thread is all over the place

1999: post that slip dude. i think you may have some sort of record on here. that would be one hella fast 3.4 liter.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:43 PM
C4Cortez is infamous around these parts
1999 , no need to be so cryptic. Not meaning to be contentious at all here, really; I've probably read 100 or more of your posts on Rennlist, but never came across your dyno/time sheets, I would love to check it out- just out of curiosity, cuz I appreciate the original 996's 3.4L 296hp mill. Don't hog all the glory.

What other engine internals did you have to change over to end up with this level of performance? Assuming a proper qualified installation, any guesstimate on lifespan of an engine so equipped?

Old 01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts

I'll tell you what kevin, you can have my original timeslip and video of my 11.58 pass at 121 for $100,000. I don't deal in hypotheticals...just facts. You might try it some time. Speak about what you know and not what you think. You may learn a few things.

So, are you going to put up, or shut up. Or maybe just grow up.
Maybe just accept that there are others who may be a little more experienced than you.

Can you say FRICTION LOSS?
wow 121 trap speed is very impressive. was this done on street tires / street weight? because 11.58 is a very very quick ET, and while 121 is definitely a strong trap speed, the ET seems to be a little quicker than i would expect for that corresponding trap speed, given the nature of powerband of 1) the 3.4L engine in general not being a torque monster, 2) the powerband of your centrifugally supercharged motor. i'm not saying that it's impossible, but given the powerband of a centrifugally supercharged 911, if i had to guess i would bet on a high trap speed for that ET or a bit slower ET.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Kevin D
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!! Dude, you crack me up ! You deal in FACTS but this forum has NEVER seen one of your alleged "timeslips" or VIDEO ??? Wouldn't you want to SHARE such a major achievement as getting a lowely3.4L EVO SC'ed 911 to outperform their latest 997 3.6L*. (12.1@119)

---Kevin

Going to have to second this, very valid point.

Not trying to doubt the guy but if you say you have a slip then post the damn slip, what is the problem? Until you do you can say your car runs 10.5 @ 140 mph for all its worth.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned
Then what harm is there in posting the slip and letting everyone come to their own conclusions?

I don't know how a 3.4 liter car could outperform the evo 3.6 liter car.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned
Originally posted by deputydog95
is awe's claim a max gain somewhere in the rpm range, or peak HP? i'm not buying a peak HP gain of that much, especially on an NA car. i'd have to see an independent customers dyno before i bought into that claim.

man, this thread is all over the place

1999: post that slip dude. i think you may have some sort of record on here. that would be one hella fast 3.4 liter.
The dyno is on awe's site and awe posted it on here as well. They gained a buttload of torque through the powerband and the 40 was peak of course.

The main gains came from the cats, not the headers or mufflers.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned
Originally posted by KompressorKev
wow 121 trap speed is very impressive. was this done on street tires / street weight? because 11.58 is a very very quick ET, and while 121 is definitely a strong trap speed, the ET seems to be a little quicker than i would expect for that corresponding trap speed, given the nature of powerband of 1) the 3.4L engine in general not being a torque monster, 2) the powerband of your centrifugally supercharged motor. i'm not saying that it's impossible, but given the powerband of a centrifugally supercharged 911, if i had to guess i would bet on a high trap speed for that ET or a bit slower ET.
I think for the reasons you stated we will have to take his word and we will not be seeing a slip

Old 01-13-2006, 12:59 AM
XSrcing is infamous around these parts
you guys are ruthless!

But, I do not want this to become a "my ***** is bigger than thou's" thread. Those usually just end up upsetting people.

The Evo kit is undoubtedly good as well, or they would not have the customer base that they do. So i really don't want to continue to compare the two kits, especially since we are both sponsors of the same board!

With that said, buy our kit!!!

Last edited by XSrcing; 01-13-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sticky
AWE-tuning claims nearly 40 @ the wheels for their full exhaust system including cats, mufflers, and headers. If added on top of the supercharger I don't see why the gains wouldn't be more profound considering how much less back pressure there would be.

I assumed something close to a peak of 500 @ the wheels wouldn't be out of question...

With X51 cylinder heads cracking 500 might be possible, I like to think positive
Sticky we sell and install the kit and it is a great system but AWE claims 38HP crank power WITH the GIAC flash.. Just an FYI

Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 AM
Banned
Originally posted by sharkster
Sticky we sell and install the kit and it is a great system but AWE claims 38HP crank power WITH the GIAC flash.. Just an FYI
According to their dyno it is 34 rwhp (rounded):

That would be more than 38 at the crank, just an FYI

Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i went to the site. you are correct about their "claims". as you said previously, looks like 80 percent of the gains are via the cat bypasses. this would be truly impressive if it's true. i'd still like to see an indepent test on a customer's car as we all know manufacturer's claims tend to be on the, shall we say, optimistic side with the exception of RUF of course who does the complete opposite.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by XSrcing
you guys are ruthless!

But, I do not want this to become a "my ***** is bigger than thou's" thread. Those usually just end up upsetting people.

The Evo kit is undoubtedly good as well, or they would not have the customer base that they do. So i really don't want to continue to compare the two kits, especially since we are both sponsors of the same board!

Its fast too

Old 01-13-2006, 08:47 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
i'm not comparing the kit to evo. i just want to see the dyno plots.

Originally posted by XSrcing
you guys are ruthless!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF 997 Kompressor DONE!!!