997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Le Chef is infamous around these parts
So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?

Carrera S Cabriolet or Carrera 4S Cabriolet (tbd)
E7 Atlas Gray or Y1 Seal Gray (tbd)
AP Black sports seats
AT Black full leather
22 Black dials
M6A Black mats
342 Heated seats
680 Bose
267 Self dimming mirrors
482 TPMS
635 Park assist
640 Sport Chrono
407 Sport Design 19" wheels
P01L Sport Adaptive seats
XMZ Rear center console in leather
XPA Sport steering wheel
XLF Sports Exhaust
XRP 5mm spacers

Any comments in the vein of "you don't need to spend that much - delete option XS$" or some comment like that

After two drives today in the snow one in my C2S Coupe (has snow tires fitted) and one trip in the allroad, I'm back on the fence about the need for awd in the Porsche...

Order goes into the system tomorrow.

MTIA

Old 01-14-2006, 07:57 PM
air-cooledjbj is infamous around these parts
go with Atlas. It's really nice. And keep the options.

You should consider getting the thicker steering wheel. I really appreciate the thicker steering wheel on my M3 when I come back to it from driving a car with a normal one. Look into the short shifter too.

I think it's so cool for Porsche to offer factory spacers!! Good choice.

And congrats.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge is infamous around these parts
OK- here we go,

Complete waste of moneys IMO:

Self dimming (If someone behind you is too close, hit the gas)
Park Assist (If you can't park a Porsche...)
Rear Center Console in Leather (Who cares?)

Must Haves:
Black dials
Adaptives
TPMS
Bose
Sport chrono
heated seats

Make sure you get the thicker steering wheel in smooth leather. I have it and love it.

Consider getting the TechArt racing exhaust instead.

Consider getting slate grey. But if you have to choose, go seal. I don't like Atlas at all. But then again, who the hell am I?

Consider getting the new wheel option from Porsche. The sport designs look bulky and cheap IMO.

My 2 centimeters.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:50 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
No CD changer? No Nav? otherwise some great choices there... Might want to consider aftermarket spacers from Arling or something. I think you can get away with 10mm spacers in the rear. Might be wrong though.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 01-14-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Park assist is for my wife. She's short and the back window is narrow. Cost of Park Assist is about the price you pay for getting the rear bumper repainted...once

XPA = thicker steering wheel

Carrera Sport wheels look like they belong on a 60's Mini Cooper S IMHO. Look good on a Coupe but not great on Cab

Nav is a waste of time - wish I could have the non PCM setup from the Boxster - much cleaner and less cluttered

Self dimming is worth it with the number of SUV's with badly adjusted headlights

Rear center console in leather (have it my current car) because it feels tinny and cheap without it.

No CD changer - no need when you have PSE

Short shifter is great, but will wait until the gearbox has loosened up a bit

Last two 911's have been Seal Gray, so I like it but feel like a change...maybe

The big dilemna is rwd vs awd - and remember we're talking Chicago where snows occasionally - yet the rwd has so much grip with winter tires on I'm not sure you need awd...

Old 01-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Dude you have not ordered/bought this ****in car already unreal they will be out with a nw model before u get it!

Old 01-14-2006, 10:36 PM
rickrsm is infamous around these parts
Sounds like you know exactly what you want. if you order tomorrow, when would you get delivery?

Old 01-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Atlas is a stunner.

Go with standard rear console and we can supply an Atlas one for half the factory option price. Would look stunning on black leather interior.

Check your local electronics guru. Price a rear backup cam in place of parktronic. Hate those buttons all over the bumpers. Can be done.

Otherwise very nice package. Short shifter a must too.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:46 AM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Atlas is an awesome color in person.

Not many around either.

Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm trying to squeeze in a Feb build with April delivery. But I'm prepared to hold out for the right pricing and go for a March build and May delivery.

I like Atlas but I'm not sure if a lighter color, like Seal or Arctic, don't show off the lines of the car better.

Rear center console in exterior color - probably not as it adds another color to an interior that's already got aluminium, vulcan gray and black. If I were doing without full leather I might have done more of the interior in the exterior color - trim strips and vents etc. But I like (happily for my bank manager) the feel of the full leather interior.

Rear sensors on the 997 don't look too visibile. On the 996 I thought they made the car look like it had had smallpox...

Old 01-15-2006, 01:10 PM
997Opus is infamous around these parts
I would go with contrasting mats. I have the Seal grey with a grey interior but with black mats. Go with your black interior but with grey mats IMHO.

Dave

Old 01-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Deal is done!

It's going to be an Atlas Gray C2S Cab with full black leather interior.

I thought about 2-tone black and gray but it gets a little too busy. Also gray mats are going to become black mats pretty quickly anyway, so why bother?

All specs are as above except in a C2S you don't need spacers and I added crests in headrests for a little bit of chav appeal.

Will fit short shift at dealer cost and no fitting if I want it later.

March production - now begins the wait...

Old 01-15-2006, 08:49 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!

Old 01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
enjoy it bro. very nice.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
sweet!
so is the 997S coupe for sale?

raja

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?