997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Interesting Experience at Hoehn Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Interesting Experience at Hoehn Porsche

A little background first. I have a new commute starting this week where I am driving into LA on a daily basis. Because of this I am selling my 550i and replacing it with a Civic Hybrid. Specifically because I want the carpool lane sticker.

So I put my deposit yesterday on the Civic and as I was leaving I sent my wife over to look at a 997. I wanted her to check out the interior because she is reticent after riding around in our S2000. She gets to the dealership and asks to look at a 997, saying that I am interested in the car as a weekend toy. The salesperson tells her that I won't spend the money on a 997 and says she needs to look at a 996.

WTF? She asked the difference between the two cars and he told her "Everything". Understand that my wife drove up in a nice car, wears a decent watch, etc. I have bought three cars from their dealerships (Audi and Honda) in the last two years, but I am pretty pissed right now. I figure I should just get the car in LA.

I am over reacting? Anyone else have these issues with their local dealerships?

Old 01-20-2006, 04:06 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
You are def. NOT over reacting, who he is to say you cant afford this or that. What is he psychic? I would ream him and his manager a new one for that.
Besides that is not something to say to ANYBODY's wife let alone a customer that has bought from the place before. Even if he doesnt know that you are a good customer he should have just shown her the car like she asked.
Some of these p****s need a slap once in a while.

Bajo

Old 01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
schicago is infamous around these parts
RUDE, RUDE, RUDE dude a/k/a smuck.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
So what happended? Was your wife able to look at the 997?

Usually, the best thing to do is to simply ignore what the sales person said and demand to see the car you want to see anyway. If he is not cooperative, get another sales person or demand to see/talk to the manager or owner.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:23 PM
rss997 is infamous around these parts
HOEHN is the worst for sales...Their service dept is awesome...

They are so arrogant they pissed me off offering me 53k for my 997 trade, because they said it was beat up from autocrossing it and worn tires.

I sold it for way more private party ! in 2 weeks flat.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone have recommendations for a good dealer in Socal? I have not decided if it is worth my time to call the manager.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:10 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Anyone have recommendations for a good dealer in Socal? I have not decided if it is worth my time to call the manager.
Go to Pioneer Porsche down on Miramar and ask for Sal.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:25 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Do not go to Paul @ Rusnak Thousand Oaks..

Old 01-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
I had a pretty good experience over at Rusnak porsche over in Pasadena. I was having my 911 serviced by the Porsche dealership, so I took some time to go over and take a look at the Audi S4 (They have Jag.,Porsche, Rolls, & Audi in the same building). I look all of 25, but a guy came up & introduced himself, we talked about the S4 (he was very knowledgeable), and asked if I wanted to go get a test drive (we did). later on I found out he was the general manager of the entire dealership. Great service, very nice. I also got my car from Don Dicker over at McKenna. Good guy. really knew his stuff.

Old 01-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
I had a pretty good experience over at Rusnak porsche over in Pasadena. I was having my 911 serviced by the Porsche dealership, so I took some time to go over and take a look at the Audi S4 (They have Jag.,Porsche, Rolls, & Audi in the same building). I look all of 25, but a guy came up & introduced himself, we talked about the S4 (he was very knowledgeable), and asked if I wanted to go get a test drive (we did). later on I found out he was the general manager of the entire dealership. Great service, very nice. I also got my car from Don Dicker over at McKenna. Good guy. really knew his stuff.

Old 01-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
A little out of the way perhaps but Walter's Porsche in Riverside, CA has always treated me very well. If you do stop in ask for Norm Burger. Extremely knowledgable, ex Porsche racer, and genuine nice person. Tell him Dr. Kauffman sent you.
He has a very nice base 997 6 speed, artic silver/stone gray.

Last edited by Doctor K; 01-21-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
If you have baught cars from Hoehn before maybe they have insight to your financial background. ?

Old 01-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD
If you have baught cars from Hoehn before maybe they have insight to your financial background. ?
That would have made the situation much smoother

Old 01-22-2006, 11:41 AM
KevinTT is infamous around these parts
Angry

Salespunk

You think thats bad, I ordered a Porsche from Hoehn put down a deposit and waited. When the car finally came in they sold it to someone else - now that sucked!

I bought my turbo from pioneer , my sales guy got jerked around and quit - but I can recommend their service dept.

Good Luck

I also commute to LA - but I bought an IS250, see you on the road!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I have not been overwhelmed by either Pioneer or Hoehn. I have bought from Pioneer previously, but that was several years ago. The last few times I was there nobody would talk to me either. Maybe I smell funny...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interesting Experience at Hoehn Porsche