997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 project inspired by RUF and 911R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 10:21 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
997 project inspired by RUF and 911R

Hello All,

I have had my hand on super clean 997S manual in factory Mexico Blue. I have had this idea for long and i'm moving forward with it. The mods will be as follows
  • RUF front bumper
  • RUF 20" wheels center lock ( 5 bolts is half the price of center lock )
  • RUF steering wheel
  • RUF shift ****
  • RUF floor mats
  • RUF pedals ( gas, brake and clutch )
  • Porsche GT3 rear bumper
  • Porsche short shifter
  • Porsche Light weight fly wheel ( should i go with factory or after market )
  • Porsche X51 carbon intake or EVOMS
  • Porsche Wingless engine ( car currently has aero kit. need to change to make it like 911R )
  • Porsche Bucket seats ( I have the seats, from where i can get the fabric like the 911 R )
  • Porsche back seat delete like GT2/GT3
  • Porsche roll cage
  • Porsche back seats delete like gt3/gt2
  • Center outlet exhaust like GT3 ( thinking of Cargraphic for now )

Friend of mind has factory headers + fabspeed catless xpipe + fvd muffler + fabspeed center outlet pipes. his car sounds amazing. Do you think the cargraphic ( long headers, xpipe catless , muffler and center outlet ) will sound the same ? for both system the xpipe center open and allow gases to merge at that point.

• RUF front bumper ( very close to the final lock )

• RUF 20" wheels center lock

• RUF steering wheel
  • RUF shift ****
  • RUF floor mats

• Porsche Wingless engine

• Porsche Bucket seats with 911r fabric center

• Porsche roll cage

• Center outlet exhaust like GT3

intake

if anyone has any suggestion please feel free to comment.

the car now

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 10-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
This has all the making to be a great build. How much does RUF charge for both the Centerlock and 5-Lug wheels?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:40 AM
zenzi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
Hello All,

I have had my hand on super clean 997S manual in factory Mexico Blue. I have had this idea for long and i'm moving forward with it. The mods will be as follows
  • RUF front bumper
  • RUF 20" wheels center lock ( 5 bolts is half the price of center lock )
  • RUF steering wheel
  • RUF shift ****
  • RUF floor mats
  • Porsche short shifter
  • Porsche Light weight fly wheel ( should i go with factory or after market )
  • Porsche X51 carbon intake or EVOMS
  • Porsche Wingless engine ( car currently has aero kit. need to change to make it like 911R )
  • Porsche Bucket seats ( I have the seats, from where i can get the fabric like the 911 R )
  • Porsche roll cage
  • Porsche back seats delete like gt3/gt2
  • Center outlet exhaust like GT3 ( thinking of Cargraphic for now )

Friend of mind has factory headers + fabspeed catless xpipe + fvd muffler + fabspeed center outlet pipes. his car sounds amazing. Do you think the cargraphic ( long headers, xpipe catless , muffler and center outlet ) will sound the same ? for both system the xpipe center open and allow gases to merge at that point.

• RUF front bumper ( very close to the final lock )

• RUF 20" wheels center lock

• RUF steering wheel
  • RUF shift ****
  • RUF floor mats

• Porsche Wingless engine

• Porsche Bucket seats with 911r fabric center

• Porsche roll cage

• Center outlet exhaust like GT3

intake

if anyone has any suggestion please feel free to comment.

the car now
I would recommend going for the X51 intake and not the after market ones. They are known to suck in the hot engine air. Check out the Werks1 intake too.

The Cargraphic will sound great. If you want loud do the export version. Personally i'm not a fan of putting on bits of the exhaust from different brands. Better to just buy it all from one manufacturer.
Check out the FVD exhausts too. They are supposed to be fantastic and really good quality.
Also, with those front and rear bumpers you've selected i would say you need some kind of wing to complete the look. Plenty of subtle ones out there, or do a ducktail.

By the way where did you get the bucket seats and what did they cost you?

Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to be awesome when it's done. Personally, I'd stay with 19" wheels and with the 5-bolt pattern - so much easier to work on for the DIYer and 20s are just too big on a 997. The center locks take special tools that are impractical to carry in the car and the locating stubs on the rotor hubs require replacement periodically for safety purposes. Centerlocks only make sense for factory motorsports teams where they can do a wheel change with 1 big wheel not and don't care about practicality or maintenance costs. Get yourself a nice set of the RUF 19" wheels with the 5 bolt pattern that already works with your brake setup and hubs - there were even a couple of really nice sets for sale in the Marketplace either here or on Rennlist, but don't know if they sold or not.

As zensi says, it makes sense to get your complete new exhaust setup from one manufacturer - long tube, equal length headers, mufflers, hi-flow X-cats and you take your pick who you like (Tubi from Champion, Fabspeed, FVD, cargraphic). I have a full Fabspeed setup on my RUF car and it sounds amazing.

Airbox - the F77 one from Champion that was mentioned is absolutely awesome, and ridiculously expensive (like $3,000). A used one pops up here or no eBay about once / year and sells for about $2,000 (still ridiculously expensive) especially if you don't have other engine mods that will really make use of the increased air flow. When the car is moving, which is usually when you'll care about the intake, a member here or on Rennlist did a very scientific study tracking intake air temperature and MAF readings via Durametric that showed that the aftermarket air intakes actually have very little loss and low RPM over stock and do in fact result in greater air flow and higher fuel trim readings above 4,000 RPM which means they do in-fact make more power. Throttle response by not having to suck air through a box is improved a bit as is intake noise, but listed to who you like. I have the Fabspeed J-Pipe on my car and of the Evoms one, Fabspeed Y-Pipe, and Fabspeed J-Pipe it's the one that works the best with my supercharger setup. I test fit a local F77 box that came up for sale actually in my area of all places, and it wouldn't fit with my supercharger and active aero spoiler hydraulics, or I would have bought that one.

IMO, the RUF front bumper is hands-down the best 997 front bumper out there (maybe I'm biased, but it's one of the reasons it's installed on my car) and has provisions for the center radiator which is a good idea if you'll be doing any spirited driving with the car or live where it's warm. You should do something at the rear though to balance the aero look of the car, both visually and for proper high-speed stability. People say, well the 911R only has the aero front end and the stock back, which is true, but they overlook that Porsche changed the air flow underneath the car to create the proper front to rear downforce balance that you can't recreate with a non 911R car so at a minimum, I think you'll need a ducktail if you're going for the simpler look.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:45 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WheelB
This has all the making to be a great build. How much does RUF charge for both the Centerlock and 5-Lug wheels?
5 bolts retail at abour 5k euro which is not bad but the CL is 9k. 4k euro difference doesn't make since to me. I believe its because the CL was designed at first for the CTR project.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by zenzi
I would recommend going for the X51 intake and not the after market ones. They are known to suck in the hot engine air. Check out the Werks1 intake too.

The Cargraphic will sound great. If you want loud do the export version. Personally i'm not a fan of putting on bits of the exhaust from different brands. Better to just buy it all from one manufacturer.
Check out the FVD exhausts too. They are supposed to be fantastic and really good quality.
Also, with those front and rear bumpers you've selected i would say you need some kind of wing to complete the look. Plenty of subtle ones out there, or do a ducktail.

By the way where did you get the bucket seats and what did they cost you?

have you seen any issues with EVOMS system ? I like Werks1 products. I will have a look into it

agree with you on the export version and i had it on my car in the past.
i'm not with mixing brand too but nothing wrong with that. The thing is i have a car in front of me that sounds unbelievable and i just wanted to duplicate the sound.

i like wings on 911s. but I want this car to be more like 991R or gt3 touring

Old 10-08-2017, 03:12 AM
Thank you for your time. I have replied in Blue

Originally Posted by Petza914

This is going to be awesome when it's done. Personally, I'd stay with 19" wheels and with the 5-bolt pattern - so much easier to work on for the DIYer and 20s are just too big on a 997. The center locks take special tools that are impractical to carry in the car and the locating stubs on the rotor hubs require replacement periodically for safety purposes. Centerlocks only make sense for factory motorsports teams where they can do a wheel change with 1 big wheel not and don't care about practicality or maintenance costs. Get yourself a nice set of the RUF 19" wheels with the 5 bolt pattern that already works with your brake setup and hubs - there were even a couple of really nice sets for sale in the Marketplace either here or on Rennlist, but don't know if they sold or not.

I had 20" on my car that is showing in my profile photo and was super happy with the size and look. The front bumper is low. I use to scratch it with 19"s.

agree with you on the cost/maintenance of CL. The reason i want them just because they look nicer and more to match the 911R. Knowing that i will pay 4k euro extra to have such option + Porsche OEM parts to convert the car from 5 bolts to CL i don' think it worth it.

As zensi says, it makes sense to get your complete new exhaust setup from one manufacturer - long tube, equal length headers, mufflers, hi-flow X-cats and you take your pick who you like (Tubi from Champion, Fabspeed, FVD, cargraphic). I have a full Fabspeed setup on my RUF car and it sounds amazing.

I believe i will be going with Cargraphic. Crossing my finger for the sound. Fabspeed and Cargraphic are the one with X-pipe that allow air collision

Airbox - the F77 one from Champion that was mentioned is absolutely awesome, and ridiculously expensive (like $3,000). A used one pops up here or no eBay about once / year and sells for about $2,000 (still ridiculously expensive) especially if you don't have other engine mods that will really make use of the increased air flow. When the car is moving, which is usually when you'll care about the intake, a member here or on Rennlist did a very scientific study tracking intake air temperature and MAF readings via Durametric that showed that the aftermarket air intakes actually have very little loss and low RPM over stock and do in fact result in greater air flow and higher fuel trim readings above 4,000 RPM which means they do in-fact make more power. Throttle response by not having to suck air through a box is improved a bit as is intake noise, but listed to who you like. I have the Fabspeed J-Pipe on my car and of the Evoms one, Fabspeed Y-Pipe, and Fabspeed J-Pipe it's the one that works the best with my supercharger setup. I test fit a local F77 box that came up for sale actually in my area of all places, and it wouldn't fit with my supercharger and active aero spoiler hydraulics, or I would have bought that one.

kindly share link of the study.

IMO, the RUF front bumper is hands-down the best 997 front bumper out there (maybe I'm biased, but it's one of the reasons it's installed on my car) and has provisions for the center radiator which is a good idea if you'll be doing any spirited driving with the car or live where it's warm. You should do something at the rear though to balance the aero look of the car, both visually and for proper high-speed stability. People say, well the 911R only has the aero front end and the stock back, which is true, but they overlook that Porsche changed the air flow underneath the car to create the proper front to rear downforce balance that you can't recreate with a non 911R car so at a minimum, I think you'll need a ducktail if you're going for the simpler look.

RUF FRONT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST.

911R aero at the back is made up by the diffuser under the bumper. I'm still not sure which way i will go ( wingless, ducktail or wing) if i add a wing Techart or RUF will be nice options.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for your time. I have replied in Blue

kindly share link of the study.

Here's the data gathered by another forum member on a 997.2

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...surements.html

Old 10-08-2017, 11:52 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Subbed for another RUF tribute build! I'm a RUF addict myself! Can't wait to see it!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
5 bolts retail at abour 5k euro which is not bad but the CL is 9k. 4k euro difference doesn't make since to me. I believe its because the CL was designed at first for the CTR project.
Wow you're right, that really is a huge gap

HRE's 305M in Centerlock can be had for as low as 6k euro when spec'd correctly.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.