997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need 997 For Magazine Shoot - Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Need 997 For Magazine Shoot - Supercharger Kit

Hey guys,
I am working with TPC on their new 997 supercharger kit. They are releasing a new software for it as well that will absolutely make the car awesome!
We will be doing a Tech Article for a major publication and a need a volunteer. If your interested in getting your 997 boosted, drop me a email to dan@vividracing.com or PM me. I will be getting the kit to you at cost.
Here is info on the kit and some pictures -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15559
The 997 Supercharger Kit yields an impressive 414 H.P. and 386lbs./ft. torque to the tire!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:53 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
pm and email sent

Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sharky why dont you be the businessman you are and respect others...If you have a comment to say, you can pick up the phone and call me...

Got your Email and PM.

Thanks
Dan

Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
FYI: TPC just finished WINNING the 24hrs of Rolex in Daytona race a couple of weeks ago!! One of the most competitive and prestiguous single sportscar race in North America.

--- Kevin

PS: ...I've personally witnessed TPC's SC'er kit pumping out near 430 RWHP with nearly 400 RW FTLBS of TORQUE!!! on a 3.6L 996 in their shop (street tune) The same can be achieved for a 3.6L 997 (same powertrain) and I believe they are releasing the 3.8L Carrera "S" kit very shortly (it has already been in testing for months now) It's possible to be "GT2 fast" with this kit from what I've seen & heard in the 996 & 997's...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4&d=1128221790 <--- Their kit (which now makes closer to 140RWHP *gain* and 100+rwt gain with their new software and engine managment...this promotional pamphlet is old)

http://www.daytona24hr.com/ <--- Their 24 Hour of Rolex win earlier this month**

...Incidentally, for people who may want to know, TPC had been making superchargers for a decade now (first company with a SC kit for the boxster when they first came out...and Mike Levitas, the acclaimed racing driver who won the Rolex race in mention which also owns the entire company and race team...which has a P.h.D. in mechanically engineering with over 20 years of experience racing porsches......designed this kit personally. Then raced it at MANY track events (often out doing GT2's lap times on our local raceway (summit point) in their TPC SC equipped 996)...put thousands of highway, stop and go, hot weather, etc....miles on it....then and only then released it to the public.) ...YES it has CARB approval to boot*

(and no, i have no affiliation with TPC...just looking for maximum performance for the buck as anyone else here...)

Last edited by Kevin D; 02-25-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
is the new TPC kit still going to use a "7th" injector and a piggy back ECU?

Old 02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i think the one that blew up was a boxster, not a 996. it was only my understanding that that incident had something to do with the install as well, which TPC had no part of. i don't think TPC has blown up a 996 yet

i like the power of the TPC stuff. it's a lot more raw than the EVO kit with a big power hit.

i wish they would bring the technology up a bit and include a front mount radiator (it's optional), bigger injectors instead of the 7th injector, and an ECU flash instead of the piggy back box.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:37 AM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
As far as a boxster "blowing up" I can't shed light to that becuase I (and most everyone else here) have no clue as to the details as what exactly happend. What I DO know is in conversations with TPC themselves they emphasize the importance of a proper installation and tune* As their kit is more involved than EVO....when not done correctly it could be a problem (as with many power adders honestly) Also that incident was YEARS ago and since then they have installed dozens upon dozens of boxster kits. TPC wasn't even the one's who installed the kit on that one boxster in mention! There is NOT ONE SINGLE SC'ed 996 failure by a kit installed and tuned at their shop themselves. This after years of offering this kit and again, dozens of local SC 996 installations...
Deputydog, whats happening bro ...you of all people should have a little more "real world" insight on the potential of this kit and its robustness/reliability. Remember how fast that boat heavy AWD driveline loss having SC'ed C4S was your rode in...on your C2 Cab this kit would be absolutely wild* And as far as reliability is concerned why don't you go back to Foreign Affairs motorsports and ask that guy who tracks his TPC SC'ed C4S regularly (many many times now at sebring in the FL heat) not to mention drives it daily if he's had ANY problems with his car or kit.
I'm just saying guys, no need to insenuate there's any sort of issues with this awesome kit. I will say though...I definitely like the "potential for upgradability" with the EVO set-up...but it doesn't mean anything IF EVO doesn't actually step up and offer a "stage II" package for there kits. (which I believe would be VERY straighforward and doable)

--- Kevin

Last edited by Kevin D; 02-25-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Just an FYI, TPC nor anyone else can actually use a supercharger in a Porsche GT car. I think that comment about the 24 hours of Daytona is a little misleading.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:24 AM
P1 911
Originally Posted by 05997S
Just an FYI, TPC nor anyone else can actually use a supercharger in a Porsche GT car. I think that comment about the 24 hours of Daytona is a little misleading.
Of course not, never said they did...that was just to let people know what the designer of the this very kit does and is capable of...if I knew that the very guy who engineered and tested the SC kit I'm looking to buy for my Porsche just won the biggest and most competitive race in North America...it would be a selling point to "me."

--- Kevin

PS: There aren't even any SC kits available for the type of car they won in...a 996 GT3R. And as you indicated is completely illegal to use in the Rolex series GT class.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin D
As far as a boxster "blowing up" I can't shed light to that becuase I (and most everyone else here) have no clue as to the details as what exactly happend. What I DO know is in conversations with TPC themselves they emphasize the importance of a proper installation and tune* As their kit is more involved than EVO....when not done correctly it could be a problem (as with many power adders honestly) Also that incident was YEARS ago and since then they have installed dozens upon dozens of boxster kits. TPC wasn't even the one's who installed the kit on that one boxster in mention! There is NOT ONE SINGLE SC'ed 996 failure by a kit installed and tuned at their shop themselves. This after years of offering this kit and again, dozens of local SC 996 installations...
Deputydog, whats happening bro ...you of all people should have a little more "real world" insight on the potential of this kit and its robustness/reliability. Remember how fast that boat heavy AWD driveline loss having SC'ed C4S was your rode in...on your C2 Cab this kit would be absolutely wild* And as far as reliability is concerned why don't you go back to Foreign Affairs motorsports and ask that guy who tracks his TPC SC'ed C4S regularly (many many times now at sebring in the FL heat) not to mention drives it daily if he's had ANY problems with his car or kit.
I'm just saying guys, no need to insenuate there's any sort of issues with this awesome kit. I will say though...I definitely like the "potential for upgradability" with the EVO set-up...but it doesn't mean anything IF EVO doesn't actually step up and offer a "stage II" package for there kits. (which I believe would be VERY straighforward and doable)

--- Kevin
i would go back and talk to that that guy (Ron) from foreign affairs, but he was let's just say, not so nice to me the last time i saw him at sebring since i did not buy the tpc kit.

i like the power of the tpc kit. i just think they need to work on fuel deliver and the computer end of it. it works very well, but it's kind of crude. they would have a hit on their hands if they would bring those aspects of the kit up to par. i would find that level of tuning acceptable on an f150 supercharger install, but my 100K porsche. maybe not. like i said, the kit works. i just don't think there are enough of them on the road right now to know how it will with regards to longevity. i do wish my evo had the bottom end power and torque of the tpc kit.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
P1 911
Haha...yeah, I look up their telephone # and called him...didn't mention you at all but HE did. I can tell your not on his christmas list this year, hehe. He stated having no idea why you went with the evo kit after you guys test runs. I'm glad you're happy with your kit thou...I just LOVE SC'ed 911's! BTW, don't lose faith on my TB mod idea...proven results.

--- Kevin

Old 02-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Looks like TPC's setup got a bit cleaner.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:30 PM
P1 911
Originally Posted by sticky
Looks like TPC's setup got a bit cleaner.
And from what I've *seen* and heard....even more powerful than before.

--- Kevin

Old 02-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kevin D
And from what I've *seen* and heard....even more powerful than before.

--- Kevin
The question is how are they doing the tuning and fuel delivery this time. I won't put them in the exact same ballpark as evo yet until I see them using bigger injectors and without the piggyback.

This blower is superior for power throughout the range though, no debating that.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 PM
P1 911
Originally Posted by sticky
The question is how are they doing the tuning and fuel delivery this time. I won't put them in the exact same ballpark as evo yet until I see them using bigger injectors and without the piggyback.

This blower is superior for power throughout the range though, no debating that.
I'm not the expert on their new software and what changes (whether minor or major) they exactly done to their kits engine managment system...what I've seen in a recent dyno is a smoother A/F all throughout the curve with even more power everywhere. Just call TPC for Tom or Mike to explain their engine managment to you in detail.

--- Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need 997 For Magazine Shoot - Supercharger Kit