997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WannabeRacer.com - Gloss Black Interior Trim Vinyl Wrap - Wood Trim Delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is infamous around these parts
WannabeRacer.com - Gloss Black Interior Trim Vinyl Wrap - Wood Trim Delete

Overview:

- 3M 1080 gloss black interior wood trim vinyl wrap

Before buying his car, the owner of this black 997 Carrera 2 coupe had messaged me asking if I could wrap over the wood interior trim pieces that were on the car. Once I told him I could do it, he bought the car and the very next day I was there to do the wrap work. Some people may like the wood interior, but the owner of this car wanted something more sporty and modern looking, so we went with the gloss black finish on the interior. The gloss black trim helped blend the trim pieces in with the already black interior, but since it was a glossy finish, it still gave it some contrast and accented the rest of the interior nicely. The owner of this car was in Lake Forest Orange County and I came out to him to do all of the vinyl wrap work.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Old 08-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Great option to keep the car original (underneath the wrapped trim) and save a bundle of money by not replacing the trim with different pieces.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Petza914
Great option to keep the car original (underneath the wrapped trim) and save a bundle of money by not replacing the trim with different pieces.
Definitely. The interior trim pieces are also one of those things that are easy enough to be removed and shipped to me to be wrapped and sent back. Usually if timed correctly, they can be done the same day and shipped back the following day.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:34 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Much better than the wood imo. Nice work. Not that it matters in terms of what's discussed in this thread but going by the pictures, the owner might be happy to know he bought a 991, not a 997 as indicated in the initial post.

Last edited by sandwedge; 08-08-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
I liked the wood better? Oh well, different strokes I guess. Best thing about vinyl is it's reversible.

Last edited by CoreyC2S; 08-12-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:27 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
This appears to be a 997 with the very exclusive 991 interior package

Old 08-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Steph1 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, nice camouflage job, but I prefer the wood too.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:50 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
This appears to be a 997 with the very exclusive 991 interior package
Very exclusive. First one I've seen.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Oops. Good call, haha.

The owner of this car actually specifically called me to see if I could wrap over the wood interior before he purchased the car. The gloss black may not be for everybody, but I do more commonly have people requesting to wrap over their wood interior trim pieces than anything else. Haven't had someone ask me to wrap to a wood finish yet, haha. However, as someone else mentioned, the nice thing about the wrap is that you can always reverse it back to the original finish at any point.

As a side note. During disassembly of the interior pieces, it was notable it seems like Porsche interior parts were much better made and assembled than all of the other major European car manufacturers that I have worked with.