997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sports Exhaust, Is it loud enough? Sport Shift, anyone got it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
Yep..I like it

Got PSE last week installed.........
Love it alot!! The new PSE tips they put on my '06 997 look heck ah cooler!
What a nice addition to a girls car...I am smiling and laughing when driving around, best mod ever!

Corvettes are high reving me all the time!! Why?

On/Off switch is cool...I hear the sound at all RPM's, sometimes quieter than others. Growls over 4500RPM...

Got short shifter...when cold not too fun sometimes, but like this reduced shifter!!

Eric with bumperplugs has just painted my center console midnight blue....now cant wait for that!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shawn C
Actually decided to keep the Sport exhaust and add EVO Headers, Sport Cats, and Airbox. Hope the buttons still works lol
Shawn, if you are going with headers, sport cats and airbox you may as well change the exhaust. You are not just changing for sound, you are changing for HP increase so to max that effect, you need a free flow exhaust which the PSE is not. PSE just sounds good so if you don't get something like the Fabspeed, AWE or EVO exhaust, you are essentially putting a cork on everything that the headers and cats are doing for you. Definitely change the exhaust is that is what you are going to do. Also, I would pass on the airbox if I were you. The aftermarket airboxes I have seen are garbage and more headaches than they are worth. They put a stupid little cap on the intake baffle and you have problems with that. I believe Ko Kaine had issues with his intake. The headers, cats, and exhaust will be more than enough to add sound and hp. The intake is expensive for what it is and more trouble than it's worth. The factory CF dual ram intake is a whole different story though.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Good point, I am also worried if the PSE will work with the other upgrades. I was going to replace the whole airbox with the EVO unit. The gains look pretty significant.
Any Idea what a brand new PSE take off might be worth?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 AM
ag997s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
The factory CF dual ram intake is a whole different story though.
Is this the box that comes with the x-51? Can we order it from a dealer?

Old 03-26-2006, 01:07 AM
doc2s is infamous around these parts
shawn,

if you keep your pse make sure the cats you buy will fit w/pse. the dual pipes on the pse (stock mufflers has single pipe) may not clear all aftermarket cats. this is from expeience.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
I added Fabspeed cats and headers to my PSE with no fitment issues. Great quality and easy installation.

I guess the mufflers are the bottleneck now

Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Did it make it much louder? Does the dash button still work?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
It is noticably louder, mostly under hard throttle. On the freeway cruising it is quiet with no resonance. At idle it is a little louder, not as much as I would want it to be.

The switch still works because the mufflers weren't touched.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
I have both.
The PSE is great, I unplugged the electronics and its PSE ALL the time, love that sound.

The Short shifter is very notchy not sure if I really like it, I hope it gets better after a few weeks.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:54 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ag997s
Is this the box that comes with the x-51? Can we order it from a dealer?
I don't see how the CF airbox for the X51 will work on an non-X51 car. My car has two air intakes versus the standard single sided intake. There are other aftermarket parts that will be a better fit.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave(MA 02 C4S)
I have both.
The PSE is great, I unplugged the electronics and its PSE ALL the time, love that sound.

The Short shifter is very notchy not sure if I really like it, I hope it gets better after a few weeks.
How did you do that? I agree. I always turn on Sport and usually turn off PSM.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gdctus997
How did you do that? I agree. I always turn on Sport and usually turn off PSM.
See the attached pic of the Plug to pull

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2006, 07:18 PM
doc2s is infamous around these parts
the awe cats don't work with pse. they might have a pse specific cats. search for a post by mike of awe in january.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't understand why they wouldn't work?

After removing the electronics for the PSE, has anybody had any problems

Old 04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
For those of you that are no longer using your PSE and are willing to sell it, could you PM me a quote of what you would be willing to sell it for?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sports Exhaust, Is it loud enough? Sport Shift, anyone got it?