997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sports Exhaust, Is it loud enough? Sport Shift, anyone got it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Sports Exhaust, Is it loud enough? Sport Shift, anyone got it?

Can I make it louder? Modify it ect?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:08 PM
dstrimbu is infamous around these parts
Sport Exhaust is great, but it depends on what you want in terms of volume, Shawn. Let's just say that I turn it off when I come in and out of the subdivision early in the am or late at night...

Nogot the Sport Shifter, but I've heard that it's pretty notchy into first when cold. The stock shifter is pretty darned good by me.

Good luck!

-don

Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Don, How would you compare it to a Fabspeed?

Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
I have the short shifter, but have nothing to compare it against...sorry.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:56 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i have the sport shifter but i don't like it all the time. it needs ''effort'' to get into gear sometimes & not smooth like the normal shifter. if i had ordered the car i wouldn't option it.

same for the PSE. love the sound but it cuts off @ most RPM. u can only hear it at around 3k to 4k. know how to play with it u can hear it at 2,500 & little above 4k. love the sound when i can hear it. just wish i can hear it all the time.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
Shawn,

Get a set of 100 cell sport cats. You will not believe the difference. I love the sound of the PSE but the 100 cell cats really open it up and make a difference in soud and power. Huge improvement.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Cool, thanks I will for sure. I though I maybe could gut it out or something too. Does PSE make any extra horsepower?

Last edited by Shawn C; 03-18-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Delbox is infamous around these parts
PSE does not make more power - just noise, intoxicating noise!!!

Old 03-18-2006, 09:13 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to 6speedonline .....

Originally Posted by Delbox
PSE does not make more power - just noise, intoxicating noise!!!
You mean "Pure Music" .... not noise

Old 03-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
I have the PSE, and it wasn't loud enough for me so I got Fabspeed headers and 100 cell cats and love it. Great products.

I also have the sport shifter and agree that it can be hard to get into first gear. It doesn't bother me that much. Has anyone complained to the dealer and gotten a regular one for free?

Old 03-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Elfer04 is infamous around these parts
i have both on my cab.

PSE - LOVE it. as far as the cutoff, you can disable it by either disconnecting the vacuum wire or the electric wire. you can find instructions on rennteam. btw, i've seen a new thread there where a guy in greece was talking about how his dealer told him that doing the mod might damage the PSE in the long run, although i think he's the only guy with that problem so far. i do know that a bunch of guys have done it, and no problems yet...
the sound is pretty addictive, whether you're screaming onto an onramp, or even when you're downshifting at low speeds and you'll hear it gurgle and pop.

sport shifter can be notchy in first gear when cold like everyone says. i never had a huge problem, but it's definitely noticeable sometimes, although it disappears after you've warmed up. the throws are short and smooth in the other gears.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:00 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Shawn, I was looking at Excellence today and thought about this post.
Check out the May 06 issue (With the Artic Silver 997TT on the cover), page 25. The AWE system looks bad ***. 39+ hp dyno proven hp?! It looks to be catless & mufflerless? Anyways, nevertheless, its worth looking at?

Old 03-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow, That sounds sick!
Link: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/mult...em%20LoRes.wmv

I am thinking, Headers, Cats and leave the stock sport exhaust alone.
Coils or springs and an EVO intake. At least for starters

Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
I just installed the Porsche sport shifter into my 997 S a while ago and I really love it .
I have no problems getting it into first as some report . Maybe the cable needs adjusting?
( I can downshift into first at speeds of up to around 20 mph without any problems)
Then again , I keep the car in a heated garage, so I have no experience with the shifter when it's really cold .

BTW: Anyone interested in the original OEM shifter ? It only has about 750 miles on it .

Old 03-18-2006, 05:41 PM
schicago is infamous around these parts
i have the sport shifter i notice a metallic sound when i shift from 1st to 2nd like hitting a metal object. i'm bringing it to the dealer for service.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sports Exhaust, Is it loud enough? Sport Shift, anyone got it?