997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

H&R or Eibach lowering springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
H&R or Eibach lowering springs

I dropped my car off yesterday to get H&R sport springs install. Today I went to pick it up and to my surprise they installed the Eibach springs instead. Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the two? Also when I got home I realize that the back tire sit about 1/4 lower from left to right. I will go back Monday and voice my concern with the owner since he wasn't there today. But the funny part of it all is that I told the owner that I wanted H&R springs.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
I would definitly talk to the owner about the mix up and the leveling problem. After 1 or 200 miles the springs will soften up a little and sit a little lower. That may take care of it

Old 04-02-2006, 12:09 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
That sounds really odd to me. I have the H&Rs and love them. If you ordered the H&Rs then you should go back and get what you ordered. There isn't much info on the Eibachs and the majority of 997 enthusiasts go with the H&Rs....

Old 04-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
That sounds really odd to me. I have the H&Rs and love them. If you ordered the H&Rs then you should go back and get what you ordered. There isn't much info on the Eibachs and the majority of 997 enthusiasts go with the H&Rs....
Do you have any clearance problems with your setup? From looking at your car I know that your sit much lower then mine. Since I have the Rinspeed aero kit I am now worry that the H&R would be too low. The Eibach seem to lower about 3/4 or 1" at most.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
No clearance problems....H&Rs are the way to go.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:44 AM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
I have the cargraphic (made by H&R) and love them..

Old 04-03-2006, 06:19 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by synergy
Chris,
we use Eibach & Techart springs for most of our customers. no issues & cars ride as comfortable as stock. btw, Techart spring is made by Eibach.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I had Eibach lowering springs installed on my 997. Perfect fit, no rubbing problems, rode like it was on rails. No complaints at all.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:02 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Chris,
we use Eibach & Techart springs for most of our customers. no issues & cars ride as comfortable as stock. btw, Techart spring is made by Eibach.
How does the ride compare with these springs? PASM is already pretty firm, so is just for looks?

Arling, do you believe headers will add some hp to the 997S x51? If so, how much?

Old 04-03-2006, 02:12 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gdctus997
How does the ride compare with these springs? PASM is already pretty firm, so is just for looks?

Arling, do you believe headers will add some hp to the 997S x51? If so, how much?
Crewser,
feel very close to stock in ride IMO. i don't compare them when PASM on because with it on it's stiff both way. mainly for look. that 1'' makes huge visual difference got most of us.

i wouldn't say so. u already got the ticket & paid for the upgraded headers. following is quoted from X51 info from Porsche. ''The key advantage of the Powerkit package is the optimised gas-flow on inlet and exhaust. This is achieved by means of modified cylinder heads. Other new features include an aluminium intake manifold and revised exhaust manifolds with larger bores. Controlling it all to optimum effect is the uprated engine management system. The performance is matched by the sight and sound of the carbon-fibre housing for the air filtration system and the sports exhaust unit with matching sports tailpipes. All are designed for optimum throughput and thus optimum engine performance.''

u have what most people want in the car already.

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Crewser,
feel very close to stock in ride IMO. i don't compare them when PASM on because with it on it's stiff both way. mainly for look. that 1'' makes huge visual difference got most of us.
Do you have any pictures of a 997 non-S with the Eibach springs installed?

Old 04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by TripleInboard
Do you have any pictures of a 997 non-S with the Eibach springs installed?
no i don't.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Thanks, Arling.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:49 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
I prefer Eibach springs in general. I have found them to ride less harsh and be more conservative in their lowering. As Arling stated, most of the European tuners all use Eibach Spings. I really don't think you can go wrong with either, both are very proven names.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
After driven for more than 250miles I took another measurement and I think I have a problem. The Eibach only lower my car about 1/2". Does this sound right or are they not installing its rihgt? The owner wasn't in today but he will take a look at it tomorrow. What do you guys think?

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H&R or Eibach lowering springs