997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rejex or wax?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:10 PM
squishy is infamous around these parts
Rejex or wax?

Did a search for this, but couldn't seem to find any threads (wrong search criteria???). I'd like to get some advice about what the best options are for a 2006 Arctic Silver C4 with 3M on part of the car. I know a lot of people like Rejex, but is it the best for this particular paint color? Can you use a quick wax on Rejex?

If not Rejex, which wax?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 PM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
Tried almost every brand mentioned on these boards (Rejex, Zymol, P21, etc) and I've come to one conclusion: Complete Zaino job on the car is the only way to go.

Blows away anything on the market IMO. I've layered it on my C4 and it's just amazing.

I would:

Wash car with Dawn
Clay Bar your car
Wash with Show Car Wash
Use Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Detail Spray
Z2 Show Car Polish (3 layers min)
Grand Finale Spray

Takes a while and costs a few $$$ (which probably isn't an issue to a Carrera owner) but 110% worth it. If you use ZFX Acclerator you don't have to wait between coats of Z2 which will allow you to do all of the above in about 2-3 hours.

2 months and 2000 miles and after a wash, it still looks like I did the detailing yesterday.

(Their Z-PC Cleaner is AWESOME for getting out swirl and light scratches as well.)

Last edited by jlingk; 04-13-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 PM
ag997s is infamous around these parts
can you use these products with a porter cable random orbital?

Old 04-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Definitely. Although I don't think it's recommended due to the amount of product you will waste (Z2 bottle is not too big and if applied by hand as suggested you can get a good 6-7 coats out of it). If you're using an orbital to remove the Z2 residue I think they also suggest using a towel between the orbital pad and the paint job.

there is a lot of info at zainostore.com

super fast shipping and the fact that Z2 doesn't have a white residue like most waxes are other positives.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Squishy, this topic has been discussed at length on every board.

I found after using nearly every product on the market on my Guards Red Porsches, that Rejex was the easiest to use, provided outstanding protection and shine, and lasted long enough to make it worthwhile.

That's why we started carrying it. Email me for more details, or read on some of the other boards about detailing and this product. I am as **** as anyone about the finish on my cars, and can't say enough about how easy Rejex is to use, and the appearance of my Porsche (and others) after using it.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:42 AM
But keep in mind Rejex is NOT a wax, it's a repellant and you should only use it by itself if your paint job is brand new or in similar condition and even then, you won't get anything close to the results you will with full Zaino. I have Seal Grey Metallic and after detailing you'd think you could sink your finger an inch into the finish and come out with paint all over it.

In a 46 product test, Zaino came out on top.

Check out the links below:

http://www.gurureports.org/specialre...waxtest.3.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

Last edited by jlingk; 04-14-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
My car is practically new (no swirl marks or scratches), so I don't think I'll have a problem with using Rejex. Unfortunately, I don't have a place where I can wash the car myself--or to do everything else needed for Zaino--so I'll pay a detailer to wash it, then I'll probably try Rejex first. If that isn't satisfactory, I'll try parts of the Zaino regimen (Z2 Show Car Polish??) without all the washing and clay bar.

What's the difference between polish and wax?

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Old 04-15-2006, 09:51 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Every wax and sealant offers their own advantages/disadvantgaes. I suggest you take a look at www.autopia.org for some real in depth look at these product options. Bascially, a carnauaba wax will not last as long but provide a much deeper reflection in terms of colour and depth. A sealant produces mroe reflection and durability but a definate drop off in terms of colour. Hope this helps.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
dstrimbu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by squishy
My car is practically new (no swirl marks or scratches), so I don't think I'll have a problem with using Rejex. Unfortunately, I don't have a place where I can wash the car myself--or to do everything else needed for Zaino--so I'll pay a detailer to wash it, then I'll probably try Rejex first. If that isn't satisfactory, I'll try parts of the Zaino regimen (Z2 Show Car Polish??) without all the washing and clay bar.

What's the difference between polish and wax?

Thanks for everyone's advice!
Hey Squishy:

I like Rejex for several reasons - and this may sound really dumb to some of you - but the main one is total paint protection _without_ an incredibly deep shine (at least on my Arktissilber car). Eric's red 911 looks almost sugar-coated with Rejex - it's amazing - but I haven't seen that effect on Arctic Silver. Maybe I need a couple more coats... see the pics. The stuff is so slippery that nothing sticks - and that's what I wanted.

Let me explain my twisted reasoning... Rejex has a _really good_ shine, but it doesn't buff up like Zaino or P21S... the waxes can be buffed to an exceptionally high shine - a "stick your finger in it" shine as some have said here...

Now, over the years I have had several cars "keyed" in parking lots around western Chicago - and the vandals ALWAYS attack right after an eight-hour Meguiar's job. Never fails - nobody keys a car that doesn't stand out. The deeper the shine, the more likely you are to be vandalized by some a-hole with a 55 IQ.

My wife's previous navy blue Saab 9-5 got keyed at Stratford Mall - after a Saturday in the detail bay. BTW, that car looked fantastic when I was done and I begged her not to take it to the mall. Same thing with my G3 Integra - rear quarter hacked with a screwdriver, in the work lot - two days after weekend-long detail regime.

I didn't buy this car to stand out, I bought it to drive. Arctic Silver is pretty noticeable; the last thing I need is a car that attracts idiots like a magnet.
Maybe I should have ordered "paint to sample" in flat black?

Okay, guys - hit me with the flame mail now. I know, I know: I'm a neurotic paranoid schizophrenic. Sorry, I'm doing my best...

-don

Attached Images   
Old 04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
ICN2U is infamous around these parts
Hey Don, that's interesting what you say. Right after applying a full Zaino gloss to my car someone subsequently vomited all over it later that day (see my thread "Zaino vs Vomit").
That being said, I won't stop keeping my car tip-top just to avoid the wrath of a few idiots out there.

Now, back to the question of this thread - my vote is for Zaino. Even the stomach acid from the bastard that tagged my car did not damage my black paint!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I like Rejex and Klausse - both are great waxes that take little effort to apply, look fantastic and last for some time.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Eric--just ordered some Rejex from your website.

Everyone--thanks for the advice. I think I need something that will protect the paint, doesn't necessarily have the best shine, and that's easy to apply i.e. doesn't take too many steps. If Rejex doesn't do the job, it sounds like Zaino and Klasse might be the best options. Thanks again!

Steve

Old 04-18-2006, 06:39 AM
OHSIXX is infamous around these parts
If your paint is in good condition you will be very happy with Rejex. I have three coats on now and plan to add a few more over time.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
dstrimbu is infamous around these parts
Yah, I ran into a swarm of bugs Saturday afternoon, and they wiped straight off the front bumper. Everyone comments on how slick the car feels... then I tell them - "Hands off my paint!". <g>

Also, I put two coats of Rejex on the Sport Designs, and it's amazing how the brake dust wipes off... I seriously recommend Rejex on your wheels, too...

Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Rejex on the wheels it is!