997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to make an iPod work with factory stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
How to make an iPod work with factory stereo?

Anyone have any experience with this? I have one of those FM transmitters, but they are inconsistent at best. I didn't know if anyone had hardwired a switchable connection between the preamp and amp to allow use of the iPod as an input. Of course, in an ideal world, someone would make a module that would allow me to connect the iPod and see the iPod information displayed on the screen. But I'm not dreaming that big. I just want a solid, reliable way to hard wire my iPod in while retaining the factory stereo. Ideas / experiences? And sorry if this has been covered before. I'm a new member and I went back quite a ways but didn't see it. Thanks, Russ

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 04-21-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
you need to find an RCA out off the back of the stereo (not even sure the stock CD and PCM has one). Run an RCA to Stereo Mini off of this to the location where you want to attach your iPod and Plug it in. I would assume you will then need to tweak the PCM in order to see it (similar to when installing the CD changer).

Old 04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
wangt1015 is infamous around these parts
According to a thread on another forum, the oem ipod connector for porsche just arrived at some dealership yesterday. Don't know if it is 100% accurate, haven't called my local dealership yet. I will call later in the afternoon to verify.

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#205409

Old 04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
dstrimbu is infamous around these parts
jlingk, I don't believe that there is any RCA-style line level input to the stock stereo systems (including Bose). We will definitely need to tap into the MOST bus with a line-level to optical interface.

Wangt1015's post above is the most promising thing that I've read yet...

-don

Old 04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
That would be awesome. If anyone gets a part number or more info. please post. If necessary, I'd give up my changer in a heartbeat . . .