997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

20" Sport Technic (Sportec Japan) Mono 10 wheels on 997S cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
We moved up here 8 months ago. The address is on our website, but please make sure you call me before you come out.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Lee, would you mind PM'ing me a price on the wheels alone? 19" and 20" if you have both prices handy. THanks!

Old 05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
German Driver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray
Is the Sportec design from Japan a solo dealer of Sportec AG? I heard when Sportec AG cannot supply the big demand of Japan market in couple years ago. They start up sportec design in Japan and find Rays to make the wheels for them. Is this true?

Anyway, I've a set of Sportec 19" wheels for my Audi couple years ago. They were make by MIM. The quality is not good at all, it was so soft that I've never have bent wheels like that. I believe the sportec wheels were make by different factory in Europe today and I heard better feedback. Rays is also well know quality wheels manufacture. Still think they were best looking wheels on Audi!
Sorta kinda. Basically they started out as distributor/dealer and after unforeseen problems with communication or what have you SPORTEC dropped them. They then began to offer replica parts but still carrying the name. Offering products for Infiniti even with SPORTEC labels. Law suit came about and tens of thousands of dollars later you have one big mess. SPORTEC AG did have a past relationship but no longer does.

Problem they are having is that people are posting wheels that say Sportec Design and Sport Technik and saying they are SPORTEC. This is not the case. In some instances certain dealers are selling them off as SPORTEC. Once again this is not the case, and not only unethical but illegal in terms of copyright infringement. A company can not make themselves money utilizing the name and reputation of another without consent obviously.

What ends up happening is that if bad reputation is formed from the non SPORTEC company it flows into the real SPORTEC companies lap thus causing confusion, profit loss, and headaches.

I'm not doubting that RAY's makes a good wheel. They are quite reputable and produce the Bimoto MTM wheels which I love but it's tough for me to condone it from the standpoint of taking advantage of hard working and effort of another company. Kinda like the Apple/Microsoft game years back.

In regards to your comment on the Audi 5x112 Mono/10 wheels by MIM. It's hard with the Audi crowd. As you may know the wheels are cast and not forged. The molecular structure is far less effective than that of a a wheel constructed by the forging process.

In addition its hard to keep the price down at a level where customers can afford it. The wheels are cast for one reason and one reason only and that is to save money for the consumer. The wheels MUST meet Swiss regulations and withstand a certain level of weight from the vehicles axles. This is something that US wheel manufactures can sometimes get away with due to our weaker regulation system. If SPORTEC were to produce the Audi Mono/10 in forge lightweight alloy none of the Audi owners would foot the bill. I know that SPORTEC would like to though.

Last edited by German Driver; 05-10-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Pete, sweet a$$ wheels. These would be the ones I get if I do get a set. Awesome pricing, they should go fast!

Rays makes one of the best forged wheels in the industry from what I've heard. Something about "High Speed Spun Forging" versus the forging technology done by most custom wheel manufacturers. The HSSF makes a even stronger and lighter wheel in comparison to the regular forging process.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Lee, would you mind PM'ing me a price on the wheels alone? 19" and 20" if you have both prices handy. THanks!
PM sent thanks!

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Great looking setup

Old 05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge is infamous around these parts
Black TechArts for SALE!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hussain and Lee make yourself a new avatar becuase soon any ones that are taller than 114 will dissapear

the sizing is 350 x 114

Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 AM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Great looking wheels, is the car lowered?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:49 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
The wheels look hot!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by CABRIO C4
Great looking wheels, is the car lowered?
sure is, with H&R springs.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:39 AM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Problem they are having is that people are posting wheels that say Sportec Design and Sport Technik and saying they are SPORTEC. This is not the case. In some instances certain dealers are selling them off as SPORTEC. Once again this is not the case, and not only unethical but illegal in terms of copyright infringement. A company can not make themselves money utilizing the name and reputation of another without consent obviously.
Maybe this explains why we see Sportec bumpers available for the Infiniti G35?? I'm guessing 3T is no longer the master dist. for Sportec then...

Either way, Peter sells quality product so I give it the thumbs up.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
better pics from today

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?p=592459