997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Supercharged 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
Your car is the shiznitz.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! I love my Supercharger and know you will continue to get great enjoyment.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
And again, I'm not an expert either, but an increase from 291 to 430 is a 47.766 % increase, not the 39% you state (139 additional horspeower is 47.766% of 291).
The 39% assumes the hp increased from 355 to 494 (i.e. the same 139 hp increase whether you measure the increase from rwhp or hp). If I am wrong about the 139 hp assumption, well...39% is meaningless.

I actually do work in a math environment, but not engineering.

Enjoy it!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
MB congrats on the new car, and the new power! If i remember corectly you did not have the car very long before it went to AZ. I can't wait to see the pix! looking at that color makes me want to paint my 996 the same color!!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I think we were to have the car brought in sometime in Jan. Russ didn't bring it until March? April, hell I can't recall now. It only went to AZ/CA for 2 weeks. Most of the time was spent with us.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:06 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Yeah. Actually I had the car for about six months, then finally took it to Imagine Auto in KC, after two snow storms had thwarted my efforts to drive up there, where they did the install. Then the guys at EVO and GIAC wanted to do a final tune to make sure everything was perfect since it was an '06, and the stock programming had changed slightly from the '05s. Everyone involved in the project was awesome, and the guys at Imagine Auto (Stephen included . . .) were the best. Highly recommended!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Chuck_H is infamous around these parts
Nice numbers. Do you hear any whine from the supercharger?

Old 05-17-2006, 07:03 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powder
Nice numbers. Do you hear any whine from the supercharger?
Yes. You know it's there. It's still very civilized and quiet under normal driving conditions, but you know it's there.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:08 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
How fast and how much was or wasn't your ticket? I'm never that lucky!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:21 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
How much whine? because on vivdracing's 996 video the tpc is loud !
http://vrsm.vividracing.com/main/996sckit.wmv

Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JCS
Mexicoblue,
you claim that your aftermarket blower and some exhaust mod resulted in an additional 170 hp , for a total of 525 ?

That's an increase of about FIFTY PERCENT over the 355 hp rating by the manufacturer and almost 50 hp more than the new Turbo .

Please forgive me for being a little skeptical .
But if true, I wonder where that puts the Porsche or Ruf engineers on the I.Q. scale ? Or for that matter, anyone who buys a Turbo ?
i went from around 270 to 425 rwhp with my 3.6 liter with the SC, headers, and mufflers. if you want to wade through a long thread, i have before and after dynos on there.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Hossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jiaim
How much whine? because on vivdracing's 996 video the tpc is loud !
http://vrsm.vividracing.com/main/996sckit.wmv
That is ridiculously loud. Who could tolerate that in a daily driver?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!!! Sounds fantastic! How about a nice photo shoot of the beast when you clean her up next time?

Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hossfly
That is ridiculously loud. Who could tolerate that in a daily driver?
I've been in a TPC car. I think it is faster than the comparable EVO kit, but the whine from the blower is exceptionally loud. It sounded pretty cool at first, but I think it would wear on your ears with time.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by HotHonda
How fast and how much was or wasn't your ticket? I'm never that lucky!
It was stupid fast. It sounds more dangerous than it was though. We were in town in a 25mph zone, and we were briefly going a multiple of that speed, but in a wide open area, no kids, hidden streets, or traffic.

The officers bought into the theory that I had just driven the car all the way from Phoenix, had just picxked up a fellow car enthusiast, and that the whole point of driving to Fayetteville to show it to him was to show him how fast it was, so going 25 would have been pointless. They were young guys, wanted to hear all about the car, loved the color, knew a fair bit about Prosches, so I popped the hood for them, and they wanted to know how fast I had had it up to so far, told us to slow down in town, and didn't even give us a written warning. They said it had been a challenge just to catch us!

I'm usually not that lucky either! I'm currently on triple secret probation here in Arkansas. The DMV has told me if I get so much as a ticket for driving without my drivers' license in the next 18 months I'm going to be walking for a long time . . . So I was glad they didn't call my license in! But I'm already looking for a good attorney for when the inevitable happens.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 05-17-2006 at 10:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Supercharged 997S