997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Supercharged 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:41 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Russ, was the lip too hard to install yourself that you had to bring it to a body shop? I was planning on just bolting it up in my friend's garage. Post those pics up !

Old 07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v35
Hey Russ, was the lip too hard to install yourself that you had to bring it to a body shop? I was planning on just bolting it up in my friend's garage. Post those pics up !
No. It's just like 4-6 bolts. Couldn't be easier. I was just headed out of town for a few days, and the lip had just been sitting there, like half of the burnt-out light bulbs in my house that I can't reach, so I dropped the car and lip off at a buddy's shop last week and told him I'd pick it up when I got back. Can't wait to check the odometer . . .

Old 07-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Next time you are in Memphis we should hook up for lunch/drinks or something.

Christian

Old 07-10-2006, 08:33 PM
NiATE is infamous around these parts
Ummm... I took Russ to the airport when he dropped his car off at the shop... you don't want to have lunch with him... Kidding of course. As cordial and accommodating as he was as a customer, he's an even better guy. He's almost as cool as is car is. Ok, that might be overstating it a little.

I'm gonna get a call tomorrow aren't I Russ?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:45 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
The lip spoiler is pretty easy to install, but you really need to have 2 people to help install it. I used our hydraulic tranny jack to hold it in place for me while I drilled the mounting holes. Overall, it is a pretty easy job, probably take you 2 hours if you are really taking your time. I was suprised the cargraphic piece fit as well as it did, sometimes with the aftermarket body pieces, you never know. One other thing I did was lay the piece out in the sun for about an hour to help mold it to the body.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NiATE
Ummm... I took Russ to the airport when he dropped his car off at the shop... you don't want to have lunch with him...

I'm gonna get a call tomorrow aren't I Russ?
I've held my tongue in public thus far about the Boss's Porsche crest ring. Why wave the red flag in front of me Nate?

Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Too true! Russ, you're a prince amoung men.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:52 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
russ, where your pics at!! haha

Old 07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Still waiting for those pics Russ...

Old 07-12-2006, 08:02 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. You just snapped pictures of someone elses good looking blue Porsche and now you can't get back in to take more pictures because of the restraining order...

Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
Yeah. You just snapped pictures of someone elses good looking blue Porsche and now you can't get back in to take more pictures because of the restraining order...
A restraining order is really more of a guideline than a rule. I snuck back into the owner's house today and took a few pics . . .

Old 07-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Russ, we can help here with pics too if you get stuck. Lip looks good in the avatar, like to see it close up. The seal grey one we had looked very nice but it was more subtle... yours, not so much.

Have you had a chance to tangle with Thomas on the track yes? Curious to see how they match up.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:38 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Russ,

Can you help me get help from Evo to get my car running right? I'll fill you in later. It won't idle and I can't seem to get much help. I know you're in with them a bit. Please help. Maybe PM me. I'm getting really frustrated.

Jared

Old 07-23-2006, 12:25 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
sounds like a leaky boost hose. check your fittings.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 PM
We've fogged everything for leaks and we've vacuum tested everything, even the diverter valve. I'm installing a new diverter valve Tuesday though to see if that helps anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Supercharged 997S