997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Supercharged 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
My Supercharged 997S

I will post pics later. I just got back early this a.m. with my car and wanted to post a few initial thoughts of my first two days with the car after the supercharger install.

First of all, the car drives flawlessly. I picked the car up Friday at Evolution Motorsports in Phoenix, hopped in it, drove to the Grand Canyon, spent the night, drove home to Arkansas, got off the Interstate, drove a few hundred miles through some of the best twisting mountain roads in the Ozarks, squeezed in a great meal along the way (along with being apprehended by two police cars working together - thank goodness they were car guys!), and then came home. 1800 flawless miles straight out of the shop with nary a hiccup. Car drove like it was all OEM but hauled ***. Night and day difference. Smooth power delivery. These upgrades have to be the greatest performance bargain out there.

Now the specs. I don't know, or care, about the difference between DIN, SAE, etc. I'm a lover, not a fighter. If you think my car really only puts out as much power as a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine, whatever. I'm just telling you what little I know. I don't know the torque numbers, but I'll get them later.

Stock the car put out 291 rwhp. Versus the factory rating of 355, that suggests an 18% power loss due to drivetrain at the wheels. After the installation of EVO's supercharger kit, and Fabspeed headers, cats and exhaust, the car made 430 rwhp. I'm no math major (English Lit. here), but given the same 18% power loss due to drivetrain, that suggests the car is making 525 hp at the crank THE WAY PORSCHE REPORTS IT, however that is.

For about the same $17,000 Porsche charges for the Carrera Power Kit, instead I bought the Evolution Motorsports supercharger kit and new exhaust system, installed, and instead of 26 additional horsepower I got 170.

Bottom line is, the car is awesome. And it's only running 4.5 lbs of boost. Hopefully, if he gets satisfied with his durability testing at higher levels, I will eventually talk Todd at EVO into letting me run a smaller pulley to get the boost up to a-still-mild 6 lbs., and the horsepower up close to 600 at the crank THE WAY PORSCHE REPORTS IT, however that is. I know there are plenty of faster cars on here, but this car drives like a different animal now. It greatly exceeded my expectations in peak power, power delivery, fit, finish, etc. etc.

So . . . For a reasonable investment, and running very mild boost, I have a Carrera S that drives smooth, has linear power delivery, and hauls major ***. Thanks to Stephen Kaspar and the magicians at Imagine Auto for an incredible install and experience, and thanks to Todd and the guys at EVO, and thanks to all of the guys at VF and GIAC. For anyone with a 997 or 997S, you need to have this done.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 05-15-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:47 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Great review Mexico Blue!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
For being English Lit. you care a lot about power

Congratulations!

Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car dude!! Congratulations on putting such a sick ride together and finally getting to enjoy it!

Good review to!

Old 05-15-2006, 03:30 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
Congrats Russ! My car will be home on Tuesday... be safe. KIT

Old 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
wow...thats awesome. Do you have a dyno graph? I'd love to compare the powerband of the supercharged 997s vs my stage II 996 TT that dyno'd 447rwhp, very similar to yours, but totally different way to get there. Your car sounds awesome now....congrats man...money well spent. Oh yah, I must agree, Stephen at IA is the man...

Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
I saw this car at the Imagine Auto open house a few weeks ago. It's stunning!

Old 05-15-2006, 05:56 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Very helpful review Mexico - thanks.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
That is a great power increase.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Amazing!

In your short time here, your car is already becoming a staple in the exceptional 911's on the board. Good work man!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I am proud to have been a part of this...The car is without words. Trust me it is awesome.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:00 PM
THE STIG is infamous around these parts
Congratulations on such a wonderful car!!!

I can't wait to install it on mine!

Keep it up!

Old 05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Lets see some pics of this beast...Congrats on a beautiful 997!!

Old 05-16-2006, 12:06 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind comments guys, and thanks for enduring my sleep-deprived, caffeine-addled travelogue. I was pretty excited when I got home, and wanted to post something; anything! I will clean 1800-miles worth of bugs off of it in the next day or two, and then take some pics to post here. And Maxwell, as I said I'm not much of a dyno guy (although I am learning through this site how important it is . . . ), but I will see if I can get a graph from when they tuned my car. If not, we have a dyno day coming up locally and I will post those reults. Thanks again, Russ

Old 05-16-2006, 01:16 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Excellent write-up Russ. Congratulations on the new found power.

Awesome looking 997. It must rank as one of the best looking in this forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Supercharged 997S