997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AWE headers and muffler dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Mike from AWE offered *free* installation, *free* dyno testing, and *free* removal of the AWE system if you are unsatisfied - you just pay for the kit - for someone with a stock 997S in Philly. They are looking to prove power gains. This is over on Rennlist.

I encourage everyone to research AWE Tuning. For years we have been flying under the radar growing our business through word of mouth and internet marketing. We all the know the internet can be a brutal place, but it separates the men from the boys. You live or die by your internet reputation. Fifteen years and still growing strong.

Our reputation is at stake here. We have not grown to this level of success by "cooking" the data. We'll leave that to the kids working from their parents basement slinging parts for no profit.

We know that there are MANY companies in the aftermarket with questionable ethics, but that does not keep you in the business for long. We take pride in on our educational approach. It's been a part of the business model from day one.

I can understand everyone's skepticism. You have had the wool pulled over your eyes for years. Hell, it happened to me before I worked here. I'm a car guy, too!

I can think of one popular Porsche exhaust manufacturer that has been around for YEARS and just got a dyno! They have been spreading propaganda and selling exhausts simply by pulling #'s out of thin air. It's burned out fanny's for the longest time. How come they were never called out? For the record, we are on our second dyno.

It has also been drilled into all your heads that 100 cell cats will lead you to the promise land of Porsche performance. Did you know that dyno results yield a 2hp gain over our 300 cell units? We were tired of hearing folks complain of check engine lights due to catalyst efficiency codes. All you needed was 200 more cells! Why were you settling? Did you really need that 2hp?

We use a 300 cell cat made in the U.S. for OUR emissions standards, not Germany's.

Here is the thread from Rennlist. I found a someone from NYC that is allowing us to use his car and witness the entire process.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=276162

Thanks for reading. Email with questions or comments.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 06-01-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:49 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ICN2U
I see, so more power affects acceleration but not velocity - Robert, thanks for setting me straight. So now I don't know how to explain the apparent increase in top 3rd-gear speed.

frank
That makes perfect sense. Give a guy a break, it's been 19 years since I took physics 6a.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:52 PM
florindi is infamous around these parts
No Problem, just helping to straigten out the facts.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 PM
ICN2U is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
That makes perfect sense. Give a guy a break, it's been 19 years since I took physics 6a.
Robert, I wasn't being sarcastic, I really did think I messed up and you were right; but, now I'm confused, I too am many years this side of physics...somebody help us out here!

Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
Good info. For comparitive reasons with the mods in my sig I made 318 rwhp. Not sure about the torque. I never did a baseline

Originally Posted by synergy
I was able to upload the dyno file afterall as it was on my laptop.

We ran four pulls before and after the mod install, relatively same conditions, third gear.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
IIt has also been drilled into all your heads that 100 cell cats will lead you to the promise land of Porsche performance. Did you know that dyno results yield a 2hp gain over our 300 cell units? We were tired of hearing folks complain of check engine lights due to catalyst efficiency codes. All you needed was 200 more cells! Why were you settling? Did you really need that 2hp?

We use a 300 cell cat made in the U.S. for OUR emissions standards, not Germany's.

Thanks for reading. Email with questions or comments.

mike@awe-tuning.com
I have never had a cel due to anything related to my exhaust. I am running RUF exhaust with 100 cell cats. Can you explain??

Old 06-02-2006, 03:38 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
I have never had a cel due to anything related to my exhaust. I am running RUF exhaust with 100 cell cats. Can you explain??
you are turbo, 977 is N/a

Old 06-02-2006, 11:43 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by synergy
I purchased the AWE headers, cats, mufflers, GIAC and EVO intake for my 2006 997S. Sharkwerks of Northern California did the install and I am pleased with the craftmanship and sound, however somehwhat unpleased with my dyno results. I gained about 25HP to the crank with 91 Octane based on the above mods.
How did you get the crank HP? or was that at the wheel?
Getting 25HP from an exhaust mod is not bad on a highly tuned motor.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Race gas will not affect your HP numbers unless more timing is used. Are the DYNO numbers that AWE uses corrected? That could be a factor that could lead to increase in HP numbers.