997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

those who has tripple black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:58 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
those who has tripple black

how is the paint with swirl?
how is black different than 3x black by porsche?
someone educate me please.

raja

Old 06-17-2006, 11:35 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I have triple black and have a a very hard time keeping it swirl free. After a full day of detailing there are still some swrils but not many, but after a couple washes the swirls are back even with lots of care during the washing period. I just accepted that it will never be perfect, however the paint looks shiny and deep around sunset when the swirls are in hiding.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:36 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
damn. black is just so nice when it's immaculate.
mb has some sort of nano paint in the new s class which is suppose to hide the swirls. i wonder if it is just marketing ploy.

raja

Old 06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
get one of the darker metallics, with red interior
I have to admit that black is the color for the 997. i didnt like it for the 996 though. I think it is because of the curves of the 997.
the nanopaint thing is true, the fact that porsche paint is one of the softest is also very well know.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:17 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Triple black vs black: "triple black" is not the name of the paint color. It's a term used to describe a cabriolet with black paint/black interior/black top. If you have a "triple black" cab, you still have "black" paint.

Swirls: Be prepared to work hard maintaining black. Also be prepared to either find an excellent detailer or buy lots of equipment and supplies. If you so much as touch your car while washing it the first time, you will get swirls. That's the nature of black paint. Even though it's clear coated, it just shows everything and with today's environmentally friendly softer paints, it's worse than ever.

There is a way to completely remove all swirls and give your car the look of black glass but it involves many steps and is not for everybody. Email me if you want details.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 06-17-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
This is probably better left to a professional. Not really the car you want to learn detailing on.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:18 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Is tripe black flat black ?

Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
mohamed,

there is no such color as triple black. it was my error in the thread.
triple black means, it's a cab with black top and blk interior with blk exterior.
my mistake for the confusion.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Black is very nice to see when brand new fresh from the paint booth. Step away for 30 seconds and come back, SWIRLS!

But there are some tricks that dealers and others use when selling a used Black car. Besides the high end detailers who will orbital the crap out of it (including wet sanding) to get it glass shine smooth and swirl free, many cheap out and use color-wax. This temporarily removes the swirls. The car look immaculate the day you take delivery, and the first time you wash it, they are right back.

I love the look of a clean, freshly painted black Porsche, but thereafter, it always has something on it, dust/pollen/fingerprints/etc that just show so clearly. Swirls can be avoided by proper detailing and cleaning techniques, but just how much time do you want to spend doing that, versus driving the car?

Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I ended up going with Basalt Black; metallic paint is much easier to take care of looks amazing after a good wax job.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Bob in NY is infamous around these parts
I just used this product yesterday, I highly recommend it for Black, all Zaino products I feel are the best in the business

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Old 06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by mishref
I ended up going with Basalt Black; metallic paint is much easier to take care of looks amazing after a good wax job.
i Have basalt blk / blk now.
Would like something different.

Raja

Old 06-24-2006, 10:40 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
OK..I'm triple black...using Zaino and I have no real problems keeping it looking awesome...what swirls?

Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
RAJA,
here is a triple black for ya!

Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2006, 12:47 AM
996GT3 is infamous around these parts
That's why my next GT is white.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: those who has tripple black