997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JCS
OK , we agree that changing the filter (or exhaust ) does not increase engine HP.
If the backpressure ( exhaust) and the inlet Press.drop ( filter ) is reduced, it makes this power gain available at the driven wheel .

Just how many HP in your opinion does it take to suck the air into the engine ?
If you can GAIN 27 to 32 Bhp by changing filters , it must be A LOT.
I have heard some wild claims, but yours is off the wall .Maybe you need a new Dyno.
Something is wrong with you my man for questioning these claims. Its been proven, if you don't believe it don't buy it. I could care less. I'm not making money off of this. I'm just trying to be helpful by sparing some of my time to do this upgrade and tell others if there are potential gains from using it.

You should take a look at Supras, by just adding a down pipe on a Supra you gain 35-40RWHP (about 50BHP). Doing an entire exhaust upgrade on a Supra yields over 50RWHP (55-60BHP). These are proven upgrades, you will see others with the same results with the 997S with this upgrade.

No reason for me to BS as I don't sell performance parts.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Ted, I thought you were an undercover operative for K&N!

Glad you jumped in and did some dyno tests. People wanted a sec opinion and you delivered for 2 cars!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
After driving my car that has had the intake for over 50 miles. I can tell you that the computer has adjusted and I can feel a bit more power throughout the rpm range.

In the next couple weeks I will go to the same dyno that I used with my current mods, except I had a Fabspeed cold air kit instead. That will give me an idea of what the power gains are over the competitors product. Variables such as humidity and temperature will have changed.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 PM
rkg
rkg is infamous around these parts
did someone tried with no filter installed(max air flow) to see the top hp gain? jsut curious...

Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
25 at the wheels =32 at the crank.

The K&N intake is not just a filter change.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Good result......porsche charge about 17K for the result

Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Dan,

These are some outstanding numbers. What is interesting is I have created and built some of the fastest Porsche to ever hit the US market in the last 15 years. I have yet to see gains as described in your two post with such little equipment. . The first on the intake an the second on the chip. I would like to propose this….Please provide me an intake and send me a file for a 997S. I have an MP21 and can burn the file here in house. I will dyno the car on web cam and post the time we are doing it for all to view. I will show both before and after install procedures on the web then dyno the car. Since we both have Mustang 500SEs our numbers should be comparable. If we truly can pick up 32HP from the intake and 25 from the ECU tune I will do the following:

Give you 5000.00 cash in lieu of the fact you have put together a package that none of us have been able to achieve and concurred the Holy Grail.

I will release my rights to GIAC as one of the largest GIAC dealers and sell Upsolute and your products. Through you.

No BS. I am not that kind of guy and shoot it as I see it…straight. Sound like a deal? We have done almost 700 flashes in the last 4 years. You would benefit from this addition. But the proof has to be done in this manner. You are more than welcome to attend the testing and I stake my national reputation that the test will be done correctly. If you want to fly to MCI I will have someone pick you up, provide a hotel and make sure you get back to AZ safely.

I will also talk to PCA about a tech article since I sit on the national PCA tech committee and even get Bruce involved.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
^^

damn.. that's some serious ****!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
My pleasure.

I like to fact find and in this case I am as interested as everyone else. I have dedicated my life to the industry as many know from the various boards and my positions in the National PCA and local regions.

When I started in this industry no one had dynos. Numbers were added up like square yards to achieve end crank numbers and few could question their validity. Then we started using dynos, then people figured out that the Eddie current could be shut off to provide higher number, corrected verses non-correct, HP to BHP and so on. Even with the all the wonderful measuring tools the industry has it is still hard to tell what ius real and what is not. I run into it every day..

Did you ever see the exhaust shootout I did? Wow, that was interesting. Some of the best of the best, were well.....not the best

Old 06-30-2006, 09:47 AM
I'd like to see a link to the exhaust shootout

Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Do a search, it was about 3 years ago. If you can't find it let me know. I will fire up the old laptops and dig it up.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned
Some of you guys are ignorant, you read what you want to see but not what is printed right in front of you.

I will repost my dyno chart in front of you so you can see for a fact where the gains are. I'm repeating myself over and over until you guys understand.

In the picture above it shows a ****PEAK GAIN****** of 14RWHP (RWHP = Rear Wheel Horse Power) Sorry I have to elaborate for those who don't like to read all the way through.

Now for those Smart A$$ guys who don't believe get your rulers and calculators out. What is 315-290? Thats 25RWHP. You need to thank K&N for the product not Dan at Vivid. They are the ones that developed it.

Get this straight as well, as much as 25+RWHP is gained in the **CURVE**. Please don't make up lies and say its **PEAK** because nobody here said it was a PEAK HP gain. However gaining HP in the **CURVE** is much more important than PEAK with this dyno.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you have questions on the Upsolute tuning results, you might want to check out www.upsolute.com. Dan <- is not a computer tuner guy. Just like your company, you are simply loading premapped files from Garrett at GIAC. Why pay $1100 when you can get the same type of reflash with better results for $700. Just like the K&N intake, its not real right??? I dont have time for Forum arguments. If you want to dicuss anything, phone number is below.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by vividracing
If you have questions on the Upsolute tuning results, you might want to check out www.upsolute.com. Dan <- is not a computer tuner guy. Just like your company, you are simply loading premapped files from Garrett at GIAC. Why pay $1100 when you can get the same type of reflash with better results for $700. Just like the K&N intake, its not real right??? I dont have time for Forum arguments. If you want to dicuss anything, phone number is below.
Dan, no reason for you to argue. Let your customers show the results. Some guys seem bitter because K&N somehow came out with a very functional product for a lot cheaper. They don't believe my results or anyone elses. We are a bunch of liars. LOL

Old 06-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Dan,

These are some outstanding numbers. What is interesting is I have created and built some of the fastest Porsche to ever hit the US market in the last 15 years. I have yet to see gains as described in your two post with such little equipment. . The first on the intake an the second on the chip. I would like to propose this….Please provide me an intake and send me a file for a 997S. I have an MP21 and can burn the file here in house. I will dyno the car on web cam and post the time we are doing it for all to view. I will show both before and after install procedures on the web then dyno the car. Since we both have Mustang 500SEs our numbers should be comparable. If we truly can pick up 32HP from the intake and 25 from the ECU tune I will do the following:

Give you 5000.00 cash in lieu of the fact you have put together a package that none of us have been able to achieve and concurred the Holy Grail.

I will release my rights to GIAC as one of the largest GIAC dealers and sell Upsolute and your products. Through you.

No BS. I am not that kind of guy and shoot it as I see it…straight. Sound like a deal? We have done almost 700 flashes in the last 4 years. You would benefit from this addition. But the proof has to be done in this manner. You are more than welcome to attend the testing and I stake my national reputation that the test will be done correctly. If you want to fly to MCI I will have someone pick you up, provide a hotel and make sure you get back to AZ safely.

I will also talk to PCA about a tech article since I sit on the national PCA tech committee and even get Bruce involved.
Let me remind you that we are talking about HP gains in the curve not Peak HP. Is this what you are referring to?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight