997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Ted your exactly right. l Some people dont want change or other people touching their market share. The bottom line is their is more then 1 way to skin a cat. I dont attack their posts or their companies ever... The attitudes show through. I feel bad for you Ted, you as a customer called and bought 2 intakes for your cars at a retail price, spent your own money to dyno them to see how it would work, then people call you liar. Products prove themselves...

Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JCS
You started out with gaining about 25 Hp in your first thread and now we are up to 32. At this rate, by tomorrow we'll be at 40 . Lol.
Please try reading what I type word for word, than you'll realize how wrong you are with your statements.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:00 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
If you have questions on the Upsolute tuning results, you might want to check out www.upsolute.com. Dan <- is not a computer tuner guy. Just like your company, you are simply loading premapped files from Garrett at GIAC. Why pay $1100 when you can get the same type of reflash with better results for $700. Just like the K&N intake, its not real right??? I dont have time for Forum arguments. If you want to dicuss anything, phone number is below.

Actually I am not just loading files. You are more than welcome to call Garrett and ask him if that is all we do. Sorry, I have been tuning standalone before Motec was on the market. No offense meant here, but the league in which you assume I am in is much lower reality. I have attached a small picture that clearly indicates that assumption is very wrong. Yes, we also do the premapped stuff but we also develop in house.

My post was not meant to be argumentative, if you are taking it that way then you might want to take a look at that. I do find it entertaining, I offer my services and my reputation as backing to support a claim and you guys come out of the wood work.

LOL, arguments?? You are a funny guy! Well like I have said before, I am in AZ a lot. It would be better suited for me to come pay you a visit in person ..You can buy me a beer. If you want me to call I certainly will, but I so much like seeing people in person.

My request is simple. I can purchase these items with or without going through you. If you want to supply the parts great, if not then simply say I do not want to accept the offer of testing. I will have a customer buy them and bring his car and we will do the testing.

I will post the results and all the data. We will provide AFRs, EGTs on all ports. Every data point will be posted per 100RPM. I have not disputed that the outcome is not possible. I just mentioned that I find it hard and if you have a package that works, then great I am on board. I did not bash or say that it is junk, does not etc. You assume that. Seems the assuming and lack of research is causing you some grief.

So again, are you in or are you out? You wonder if we are for real, ask Shank. I have his car here right now, he was also present when we tuned his GT2. We did that on site.

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorschePhd; 06-30-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Stephen has arrived! No need to send for re-inforcements now!

Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Air filter is on the way!!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Air filter is on the way!!
Stephen.. don't worry I have my own one which I co-developed with ECIRPTEEWSAROFEMMP Industries... check it out man. I made 60 front wheel horsepower on 87 octane

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by JCS
Wow . How many REAR wheel HP can I expect?
If I put in two , will I get 120 ?
Never mind, put me down for two. I'll experiment myself and I will need one spare anyway ( In case it rains or the temperature drops)
LOL.. The Big Mac way. Actually sit tight.. this is just the proto-type. The production one will be much more ghetto. Even though I don't have any yet, I'm taking pre-orders now so that I can take myself and my crew out to strip clubs whilst they're being made

Old 06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Neil
Good result......porsche charge about 17K for the result
I thought it was 18K? When you can get that from a K&N filer instead.. Dayum. I knew the ping pong ball routine you see in Autozone worked well but still..

Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
It's good to share results, which is the point of this thread. I don't think business proposal that is not realistic is a good way to second guess other's opinion.

Stephen, what's up with the $5k offer? I don't think that's what Dan is in the business for.

I am also skeptical of the results which is one of the reasons I haven't bought one. I'd like to see more results from others.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned
To think Porsche owners were more mature.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by evsmotors
To think Porsche owners were more mature.
I think Blue FJ Cruiser owners bring the house down

Old 06-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
I don't think business proposal that is not realistic is a good way to second guess other's opinion.

Stephen, what's up with the $5k offer? I don't think that's what Dan is in the business for.
I am not so sure I understand what you are asking. Why would I offer up to give 5k to Dan? Why not, it shows that I am willing to pay in to get a product that delivers unbelievable results and shows that I am serious. I do believe that is what Dan is looking for..Lets be realistic...it is about the all mighty dollar here. No offense to any of the Vivid guys but they are not technically orientated. They haven’t offered thousands of post on free technical information, year after year. Dan is running a business. SO, my offer is legit. My testing methods have been regarded as some of the best in the industry and everyone knows that I don’t care who or what you sell, if it works, then it receives my stamp, if it doesn’t then the public will know. It is called integrity. That is not something you can buy…Either the offer is accepted or it is not. Either way the intake is in route to us as we speak. A Vivid customer offered his up for testing. The next will be the chip, then the chip and intake. So if Vivid wants to support the product then they will step up. If not then I will go through someone else to get the tune and get the data and post the results. Fair enough?

Old 06-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Where's my 5g's Stephen? I overnighted my intake.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sharkster
I think Blue FJ Cruiser owners bring the house down
HAHAHA

Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
I am not so sure I understand what you are asking. Why would I offer up to give 5k to Dan? Why not, it shows that I am willing to pay in to get a product that delivers unbelievable results and shows that I am serious. I do believe that is what Dan is looking for..Lets be realistic...it is about the all mighty dollar here. No offense to any of the Vivid guys but they are not technically orientated. They haven’t offered thousands of post on free technical information, year after year. Dan is running a business. SO, my offer is legit. My testing methods have been regarded as some of the best in the industry and everyone knows that I don’t care who or what you sell, if it works, then it receives my stamp, if it doesn’t then the public will know. It is called integrity. That is not something you can buy…Either the offer is accepted or it is not. Either way the intake is in route to us as we speak. A Vivid customer offered his up for testing. The next will be the chip, then the chip and intake. So if Vivid wants to support the product then they will step up. If not then I will go through someone else to get the tune and get the data and post the results. Fair enough?
If I were Dan I would do it. The reason is because I proved it with my 997 911S. I am assuming you are betting on gaining 20-25RWHP in the curve, because Dan's going to get paid big time!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight