997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
If I were Dan I would do it. The reason is because I proved it with my 997 911S. I am assuming you are betting on gaining 20-25RWHP in the curve, because Dan's going to get paid big time!
I think PHD is refering to this claim:

ONLY $695
GET YOUR 997 25+ MORE Crank Horsepower!

"The Upsolute Reflash is simple. We flash your ECU and gain you about 25 crank horsepower on your 3.6L or 3.8L 997. This includes all Carrera models!"

25 HP K&N Intake + 25 HP Upsolute Chip = 50 HP
Add a muffler and headers and you have 70 more HP

Just putting all the pieces together

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 07-01-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
No offense to any of the Vivid guys but they are not technically orientated.
Who from Vivid have you spoke with? I was up there last week and saw them working on a Skyline, M5, and 996.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:20 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Technical about Porsche?

Few on these boards carry any experience or actual engine building or tuning of Porsches. Things like why will a 997 flash its lights, what is the CAN priority system in the new Porsches, how about 7.8, what is the fix for RMS(the real fix), what oil pump is in a 997S. Why does a 996TT have thrust wear early. Do you know what rods are shared in the 997, or how many maps and what do they do in the 997. Some of these things are answered through ties with the PCA, Experience, engine building and tuning. I show pictures of tuning maps, open motor builds, TSBs that are just released from Porsche etc. We spend our day doing these things and then fabricate product like EFI conversion for older Porsches, supercharger kits, turbo kits and so. When you have over 30 Porsches in the shop every single day from as far as Singapore and Canada a definition of technical becomes revise.

The internet makes experts overnight until real issues come up. This is what I mean by technical. I am sure in the Japanese car market these guys are in the scene and the know. However here in the Porsche market Price becomes less of a positioning block. Technical expertise becomes a bigger block.

If no one has anything to loose as EVS says then send the file and we will start this procedure. If this really makes 50HP then why in the heck would we continue to supercharge cars. The cost justification would not be there. So we have the intake lets get Dan to step up and send a file.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
I think PHD is refering to this claim:

ONLY $695
GET YOUR 997 25+ MORE Crank Horsepower!

"The Upsolute Reflash is simple. We flash your ECU and gain you about 25 crank horsepower on your 3.6L or 3.8L 997. This includes all Carrera models!"

25 HP K&N Intake + 25 HP Upsolute Chip = 50 HP
Add a muffler and headers and you have 70 more HP

Just putting all the pieces together
Monsieur Z. Your Mathametics is pretty good....

Old 07-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you want anything installed, built or tuned, I have some of the countries top people here. My magazines, TV, and sales speak for themselves.

Here is my phone number - 4809663040 x222.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I would ship you an intake, but weird...they are all sold out. Remember K&N said 23WHP. We said OK. So we tested and got 18WHP. EVSMotors tested and got 14whp. Bottomline is you are a EVO guy, you will not produce good numbers. Your integrity is respectable. But your stamp does nothing for me as numerous people have tested it on their cars. You release some Dyno Sheet showing low numbers, your only going to call up more contreversy, then some other shop will say, "I will Dyno It". You guys are so worried about a $300 intake that made power. When most of your business is in the TT community where you make $30K plus each car. Test what you got to and good luck.

BTW - Good math. I never said that HP anywhere. If you go to www.upsolute.com and look at the 997, 996, you will see the power gains they quote.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:13 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
I would ship you an intake, but weird...they are all sold out. Remember K&N said 23WHP. We said OK. So we tested and got 18WHP. EVSMotors tested and got 14whp. Bottomline is you are a EVO guy, you will not produce good numbers. Your integrity is respectable. But your stamp does nothing for me as numerous people have tested it on their cars. You release some Dyno Sheet showing low numbers, your only going to call up more contreversy, then some other shop will say, "I will Dyno It". You guys are so worried about a $300 intake that made power. When most of your business is in the TT community where you make $30K plus each car. Test what you got to and good luck.

BTW - Good math. I never said that HP anywhere. If you go to www.upsolute.com and look at the 997, 996, you will see the power gains they quote.
No worries on the intake. One of your customer gave me his. All I need is to know if you want to send the program. You have quoted “25 HP K&N Intake + 25 HP Upsolute Chip = 50 HP†This is the claim I wish to test.

You state “Your integrity is respectable†but then supply this retort “ you will not produce good numbers†I wish I could type slower here . I never said the kit wouldn’t make that power. I simply said I was skeptical. So please send a program and we will know. I also very specifically lined out that I would have this web camed live so that the entire board can see. You should be present. I have made the offer to put you up in a hotel as well. So no questions would be left unturned. Much like the PCA stuff we have done. So the world can see live time what is going on.

You interject “When most of your business is in the TT community where you make $30K plus each car†Again I urge you to do less assuming and more research. I am the current Turbo tech advisor but was also the past National 911 Tech Advisor. We currently have 5 TTs in the shop and 19 930s, the rest are 997/996/Boxster and a bunch of 993 and older 911s.

30K on each car!!! Wow, I wish I was getting fat like that. Think about it…you think I would drive a TT and a 930 cab if I was making 30K on each build? Hell no, I would have a CGT and already have turboed it. Not to mention would never get my hands dirty We spread our technical help and data across the board. Not just to the TTs.

Bottom line here Dan is you are spinning this thread. Not answering my questions and have not even given me a simple answer to the proposal…..Like I tell the guys when I am teaching Tae Kwon Do, stop dancing and do something. Either sit down or move in but don’t just dance. I have offered you a legit test. And you can fool your self and think that our stamp would be meaningless but most on these boards would disagree. I have been quoted in more technical books and articles then I can count. So in the end it would benefit you. Bling magazines and C class station interviews mean nothing but a testing procedure from an establishment that has proven an unwavering method of testing and spotless reputation would pay dividends.

So either say yes or no. If I have an answer I will not keep pushing you. Now, back to building motors. I have a 996TT and a 79 930 motor I am trying to finish before the forth!

Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorschePhd

Now, back to building motors. I have a 996TT and a 79 930 motor I am trying to finish before the forth!
(Cough) S/C 986S (cough)

Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Mr Funny guy eh?? What supercharger on what Boxster.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
As someone who is an outsider to this thread I felt I needed to post. First off I wish I had the last 20 minutes of my life back

Its painfully obvious that there are vendors on the forums fighting for sales. The Vendor PPHD does not sell those products. Its obvious that he has exhausted his knowledge and know how to make power with an intake on these cars. I feel sorry for him and others for failing. But that is the bottom line... I saw the KN intake make real actual hp on the dyno. I have viewed the data logs. I saw the airflow increase. I saw the injection time increase. I saw the before and after AFR plots... The intake works. The Upsolute Chip works.

Its pretty easy to see why this conflict is happening. Its Childish. These type of actions based benifit nobody. Why another vendor and his followers cant be happy for a guy that runs a different setup is beyond me. Its a waste of time talking about "Interweb HP" or IHP.

Probably the most childish thing I have read in the last month or so has to be PPHD's offer to test the product complete with outlandish claims of paying out sums of money and travel expenses. For Vivid to trust its reputation on person that has positioned himself as a competitor is just outlandish. A simple alteration to skew the results in his favor would make him the winner. That would be sad when I know for a fact that the intake makes power. My customers know I have a NO BS policy. My customers trust me because of that policy and because of the fact that if something does not work I raise that BS Flag. That flag is down, folded and put away in a closet in respects to this intake.

Clark Turner

Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen also said he would come to your shop to perform these test on your customers car.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing

Clark Turner
Now that was entertaining. A simple no would have sufficed. Your assumptions, your team’s assumptions and your view is about the only thing way out of whack on this thread. I put up a real proposal with real offers. Do I think 50 HP for a chip and intake is outlandish?? Yes, but if I was wrong I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. That is as about standup as it gets. Would you do that?

For Vivid to trust its reputation

The issue is your tactics have created warnings on various boards and is the exact reason one of YOUR customers offered up his air box for testing.

I have to many years at this and to long of a track record for your spinning to create any doubt that I would ever skew anything. When you guys get a little older you will realize you can buy and sell just about anything but integrity. You either have it or don't. You don't loose or find it....you just have it.

Thanks for playing and I will post the results after our test car which is not owned by us comes in for a baseline then gets the ECU tuned.

Funny thread...too bad you guys won't step up. Such is life.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
Stephen... first off you can contact Clark directly at clark@vividracing.com.

You assumed. Your posts are childish. You are making your self look bad to other users with these useless challenges. Pick up the phone and discuss like real business people 4809663040 x222.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Done, calling now.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
I spoke to Stephen. We are done with this and good.

Dan and Clark.

Last edited by vividracing; 07-01-2006 at 03:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight