997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you want to see 3rd party results, check out user EVSMotors. He has done and posted them on his 997 and 996.

The conversation and bickering between IA and Vivid Racing is done and mutually agreed over a phone call. There was a misunderstanding about this magical 50HP number that was never said by us and assumed. I own a Porsche as well..So I understand your needs and wants.

Vivid Racing has hid nothing... if you want to see ECU flash results, you can visit the product we sell at www.upsolute.com. If you want to see K&N dyno results from the product we sell, you can go to www.knfilters.com. There are also 3 different dyno results on this forum.

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:05 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
I was under the impression that the results you are referring me to are the very reason for what this whole thread is all about.

But since this topic is apparently over until the tests are completed , there seems no point to fustigate any further.

Until then , thanks for your input and I look forward to further discussions on the subject .

Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
Oh man. What did I start? LOL

Can't wait to see more results

Old 07-05-2006, 04:16 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I was thinking about getting an air intake. But, seeing how they can lead to less HP in hot weather .. I might hold off until things cool down here (It currently at 115f and gaining).

Old 07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
There are just a few things that concern me about it (other than it being misrepresented). The fact that it doesn't properly seal at all and it's going to let in hot air. And let's face it, hot air is not the sort of air you want for your engine... you'll loose power that way. The extra bend seems like it would create turbulence, which I believe a few companies back in 2000 already established (Fabspeed, EVO etc...) and hence they scrapped that method. Also it seems weird that you'd use the stock snorkel or primary air inlet. I mean it knecks down so you're only sucking in as much air as that part allows? K&N makes great filters as does BMC but they never seems to focus as much in terms of development, time, money and effort on a particular car. I mean check all of the other car forums and you'll see whether it's an EVO, Supra, Porsche, Honda etc... people always use other after market cold air intakes since they always seem to perform better. K&N makes good filters though.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
anyone looking for a good lawyer? hehe.. kids. something stinks.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
anyone looking for a good lawyer? hehe.. kids. something stinks.
Oak... I need one! My Colombian neighbors are making way too much noise a few houses down. Plus I keep having these weird dreams

Old 07-05-2006, 03:38 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Oak... I need one! My Colombian neighbors are making way too much noise a few houses down. Plus I keep having these weird dreams
are you sure it's the coluumbians? could it be something else causing the weird dreams?

Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by oak
are you sure it's the coluumbians? could it be something else causing the weird dreams?
I think it's gotta be something in the aroma

Old 07-05-2006, 04:28 PM
oak
I think it's gotta be something in the aroma

again?!! gotta watch where you be stepp'n around here, boy!!

Old 07-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by oak
again?!! gotta watch where you be stepp'n around here, boy!!
I know anymore of it and I will agree a filter and a ping pong ball in an Autozone gives you 50HP!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Mpowered is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCS
I think this is the most interesting topic I have seen on any of the Porsche forums in a long time . It is interesting because it directly addresses a subject which is of great interest to most of us. Namely , how we can get more enjoyment from our cars( which is very dear to our hearts) Lol

I am especially interested in the outcome of the testing of the product you are trying to sell and I see no reason why someone with nothing to hide does not want to discuss this event in public . To me, YOUR reply and refusal to discuss this openly is childish , or worse .

I do hope we will see the outcome of the K&N filter test by a third party on this site.
Why do you care? You already stated that because of the legal disclaimer, you would not install the intake regardless.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
I know anymore of it and I will agree a filter and a ping pong ball in an Autozone gives you 50HP!
Hey send me your filter for demonstration and I can compare it to the K&N filter Back to Back to see which has better gains. I will pay for the dyno fees!

Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by evsmotors
Hey send me your filter for demonstration and I can compare it to the K&N filter Back to Back to see which has better gains. I will pay for the dyno fees!
LOL ok do you want the "smiley face" edition as posted?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
LOL ok do you want the "smiley face" edition as posted?
No, I want the one you claim to be better so I can do a fair comparison for everyone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight