997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
No, I want the one you claim to be better so I can do a fair comparison for everyone!
The EVO one? I'm sure Todd would send you one. I know it doesn't make 30HP tho

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
Sorry but I had to ask this... especially since thread seems to have several of the board's aftermarket providers...

guys making anything for us lowly cayman owners? I would love 50 HP!!!!! more in my car, but realistically, anything by means of intakes and or software?

(sorry for OT, but the cayman board gets no traffic.)

Old 07-06-2006, 03:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Eddie... absolutely, I did Fred's Cayman S with the GIAC flash and the EVO Intake. I have the intakes here but I'm not sure where you're based.

Sorry but I can PROMISE you it WON'T make 50HP. It's more like 24....

Old 07-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Eddie
Sorry but I had to ask this... especially since thread seems to have several of the board's aftermarket providers...

guys making anything for us lowly cayman owners? I would love 50 HP!!!!! more in my car, but realistically, anything by means of intakes and or software?

(sorry for OT, but the cayman board gets no traffic.)
You can go for the K&N filter as well because the Cayman motor is based off of the 911 3.4L. You can even get a Supercharger!

Old 07-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have ECU Reflashes, SuperChargers, and Intakes. Give me a buzz.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:36 PM
You can go for the K&N filter as well because the Cayman motor is based off of the 911 3.4L. You can even get a Supercharger!
That answer is JDM-tight yo!

No seriously man.. take a peek at a Cayman S and 996/997 engine bay first. No way can you put the same K&N Intake into a Cayman S. Same with any Super Charger kit, whether it's EVO or TPC etc... There are some very different space confinements and in all reality the engine is NOT totally the same either.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Eddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura aboutEddie has a spectacular aura about
hmm...

so the tubing and layout for the cayman and the 911 3.4 are the same? wow, this is a revelation to me. I would've thought that the mid-engine placement would have surely changed the positioning of the piping for the intake.

I've only spent the last 6 years modifying BMWs, so Porsche related tech information and specs are all new to me.

No disrespect evs, but are you sure?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Eddie
hmm...

so the tubing and layout for the cayman and the 911 3.4 are the same? wow, this is a revelation to me. I would've thought that the mid-engine placement would have surely changed the positioning of the piping for the intake.

I've only spent the last 6 years modifying BMWs, so Porsche related tech information and specs are all new to me.

No disrespect evs, but are you sure?
I'm not sure, I just know they are the same engines. LOL I opened my mouth too soon and now the pros are flaming me.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure, I just know they are the same engines. LOL I opened my mouth too soon and now the pros are flaming me.
LOL it's ok.. I wasn't flaming you. Just sharing info is all. If I was "flaming" you there'd some heat in here and I don't feel any

Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JCS
I care because I don't like salespeople making ridiculous statements about being able to get up to 32 HP by simply changing a filter .
And I for one would be happy if someone with the proper equipment could prove how deceitful and dishonest those claims are.
Dude are you that ignorant? Maybe I should just ignore your ignorance as you are a new poster. The car makes 25RWHP gains in the midrange so yes, it is possible to gain as much as 30BHP. The dynos shows the proof. How many times are we going to have to go over this?

Last edited by evsmotors; 07-06-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
[quote=evsmotors]Dude are you that ignorant? Maybe I should just ignore your ignorance as you are a new poster. The car makes 25RWHP gains in the midrange so yes, it is possible to gain as much as 30BHP. The dynos shows the proof. How many times are we going to have to go over this?

Someone who does not know the difference between a Cayman and 911 should not pretend to be an expert and call others ignorant.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and a PE registered in several States . Since I worked for a few years with wind tunnel designs , engine test stands as well as HEPA and ULPA filters,I believe I am somewhat familiar with engines and filters.

What are your qualifications ?

Do you manufacture the K&N filters and intakes , or are you just selling them ?
But since you are such an expert on the subject you should not have a problem with posting the following information RIGHT HERE on this site :

1. The total sq.in. area of the filter used .
2. CFM and filter P.D. @ 3000 rpm
3. CFM and filter P.D. @ 4000 rpm
4. CFM and filter P.D. @ 5000 rpm
(CFM based on the 997 S engine for which the 32HP gain is claimed )

This information will be sufficient to calculate the required engine HP much more precisely than your unrepeatable Dyno runs.

While you're add it, you might as well also post the filter efficiency. That way we'll all know just how good or bad it actually is and how much dirt it lets thru into the engine . Any standard test method using around 3 micron and 100 fpm velocity will suffice .

If you can't or won't come up with this information,it will pretty much prove what you are really all about .

Last edited by JCS; 07-06-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
We have ECU Reflashes, SuperChargers, and Intakes. Give me a buzz.
I am thinking about buying a Cayman and want some info on these parts. What S/C and intake is this???

Old 07-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Banned
[quote=JCS]
Dude are you that ignorant? Maybe I should just ignore your ignorance as you are a new poster. The car makes 25RWHP gains in the midrange so yes, it is possible to gain as much as 30BHP. The dynos shows the proof. How many times are we going to have to go over this?

Someone who does not know the difference between a Cayman and 911 should not pretend to be an expert and call others ignorant.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and a PE registered in several States . Since I worked for a few years with wind tunnel designs , engine test stands as well as HEPA and ULPA filters,I believe I am somewhat familiar with engines and filters.

What are your qualifications ?

Do you manufacture the K&N filters and intakes , or are you just selling them ?
But since you are such an expert on the subject you should not have a problem with posting the following information RIGHT HERE on this site :

1. The total sq.in. area of the filter used .
2. CFM and filter P.D. @ 3000 rpm
3. CFM and filter P.D. @ 4000 rpm
4. CFM and filter P.D. @ 5000 rpm
(CFM based on the 997 S engine for which the 32HP gain is claimed )

This information will be sufficient to calculate the required engine HP much more precisely than your unrepeatable Dyno runs.

While you're add it, you might as well also post the filter efficiency. That way we'll all know just how good or bad it actually is and how much dirt it lets thru into the engine . Any standard test method using around 3 micron and 100 fpm velocity will suffice .

If you can't or won't come up with this information,it will pretty much prove what you are really all about .
Sorry I don't own a Cayman to study the room it has in the engine bay.

Dude your going way over your head, no need to show off your ***** size.

Just how is the average consumer going to provide you with the information you requested? Your own the wrong forum guy, you need to visit the http://www.mtieducation.com/index.shtml for your answer. You can ask the dean for the answer. HAHA

The whole point is that it makes power and you are ignorant to believe it.

Last edited by evsmotors; 07-06-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Banned
I think you've gone a bit over board buddy. LOL I think vendors should treat each other with respect. We are all on the same boat you know. Don't rock the same boat your in.

Last edited by evsmotors; 07-06-2006 at 11:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight