997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installing new K&N FIPK tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:25 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I can't comment on any problems anyone has had in the past, nor on anyone's knowledge level - because they are all higher than mine. However, I didn't have any problems with an B&M SSK I ordered through Vivid. Granted, they did have B&M drop ship the kit, but the Agency Power linkage came directly from Vivid and Dan was quick to answer my email questions.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evsmotors
I think you've gone a bit over board buddy. LOL I think vendors should treat each other with respect. We are all on the same boat you know. Don't rock the same boat your in.
EVS.. I was here the day things started and you can look and see/ask and you'll find out I get on with everyone here- really I have never had any beef. I'm all for supporting vendors but if had access to the PM's, Emails and other complaints I keep getting then you'd likely warn people too. However, it's easy for people to do the research these days since we have full access to the internet and you're right people don't need me to point out those types of threads since they can find them on their own. Call it being a watchdog or whatever you like but I hate to see people/customers get taken. That's the only place I'm coming from on this.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
EVS.. I was here the day things started and you can look and see/ask and you'll find out I get on with everyone here- really I have never had any beef. I'm all for supporting vendors but if had access to the PM's, Emails and other complaints I keep getting then you'd likely warn people too. However, it's easy for people to do the research these days since we have full access to the internet and you're right people don't need me to point out those types of threads since they can find them on their own. Call it being a watchdog or whatever you like but I hate to see people/customers get taken. That's the only place I'm coming from on this.
Ok, I don't follow your posts so I don't know. This is my first experience, so call me a virgin. HAHA Anyhow I think we should all get along. You and Vivid will be here for a long time together, no reason to be hating each other. I will tell you that I did not have a bad experience with Vivid as I have ordered several times from him for my Porsches and a WRX when I had one. I think if you do very large volumes of business which Vivid does, there will be some customers that you just can't make happy. I for one had that experience, a customer bought a mint condition '70 Mach 1, a decided about 1/2 a year later that I sold him a car that did not run. How can you make someone like that happy? He wanted a full refund 1/2 a year later, blames me for selling him a car that was not running? How in the world did it even drive up on the Trailer if it were broke? Some people are just wierd! Why not call me when he took delivery of it and tell me of any issues that it had? He didn't because there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Some customers just aren't easy to deal with and you may have run across some in your time.

Last edited by evsmotors; 07-07-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
If anyone has respect and a proven track record on this board it is Alex @ Sharkwerks. He wants what's best for the Porsche enthusiast and is not all about proft margin and mod guessing in order to close the sale.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Ok, I don't follow your posts so I don't know. This is my first experience, so call me a virgin. HAHA Anyhow I think we should all get along. You and Vivid will be here for a long time together, no reason to be hating each other. I will tell you that I did not have a bad experience with Vivid as I have ordered several times from him for my Porsches and a WRX when I had one. I think if you do very large volumes of business which Vivid does, there will be some customers that you just can't make happy. I for one had that experience, a customer bought a mint condition '70 Mach 1, a decided about 1/2 a year later that I sold him a car that did not run. How can you make someone like that happy? He wanted a full refund 1/2 a year later, blames me for selling him a car that was not running? How in the world did it even drive up on the Trailer if it were broke? Some people are just wierd! Why not call me when he took delivery of it and tell me of any issues that it had? He didn't because there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Some customers just aren't easy to deal with and you may have run across some in your time.
Ah.. I doubt you're a Virgin! And I'm all for getting along with everyone as I was saying, I really do get on with everyone. Clearly Dan and I have different ideas about how things are done and that's fine. It could be my distaste for marketing BS/weasels. In my former life I would write essays (LOL) in my own PC Magazine and other mags rubishing marketing claims from big companies like Intel, AMD, Nvidia etc... and yes all for the consumer's benefit. We're pretty lucky in terms of the type of people we have here in the Bay Area or on this forum. In terms of volume, I suppose you could say we're lucky in that regard in large part due to the reasons above and because we focus only on the 996/997s.

As I said earlier, I don't think people "need" my opinion on things (I'll give it when asked) because the folks on here truly are smart enough to figure stuff out on their own but they do deserve the truth from us. Less marketing and more truth goes a long way
PS Domestics? I don't even know what a Nova is

Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
If anyone has respect and a proven track record on this board it is Alex @ Sharkwerks. He wants what's best for the Porsche enthusiast and is not all about proft margin and mod guessing in order to close the sale.
ok now I'm blushing Thank you for saying that and it might seem corny but I really do feel like that. If I wanted profit margin, you know I'd go back into the tech industry again lol! My take is, I'm a very fussy fellow in terms of what I put on my own cars. I'm the smae way about PC's and other technology. If I like one product over another (whether there's a smaller margin or not) I can't expect to install the lesser one on someone elses car... I'd feel icky for lack of a better term.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:48 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
My take is, I'm a very fussy fellow in terms of what I put on my own cars. I'm the smae way about PC's and other technology. If I like one product over another (whether there's a smaller margin or not) I can't expect to install the lesser one on someone elses car... I'd feel icky for lack of a better term.
And that my friend is why your shop is the premier aftermarket Porsche shop in the Bay Area....

Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Evil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura aboutEvil997 has a spectacular aura about
Uh Huh, Can't we all just get along?

Old 07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
I am thinking about buying a Cayman and want some info on these parts. What S/C and intake is this???

Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
[quote=JCS]

First , I am not your "Dude"
Now you claim to be just an average customer ?
For someone who knows nothing, you sure have a lot to say .

I am not the one who is in over his head here and I pity the poor soul who contemplates doing business with an apparently totally ignorant "Dude" such as yourself.
And,since you obviously have no clue what this discussion is all about , you need not respond. I never argue with an Idiot .
So if you don't argue why are you replying?

You are the one that doesn't know how to read a dyno sheet. LOL

Sorry that I ticked you off dude.

Last edited by evsmotors; 07-07-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
For some reason bickering amongst vendors persist. It's good to share results and I'd like vendors to stay out of skeptism and offering each other "deals" that are not reasonable.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:44 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
I just read 9 pages of BS and hoped to get to an independant dynosheet and end up with nothing. What happend here? Imagine Auto, where are the tests. I have a 996 I'd be happy with any decent power gains from an airbox.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned
TurboTuner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by racerjsz
I just read 9 pages of BS and hoped to get to an independant dynosheet and end up with nothing. What happend here? Imagine Auto, where are the tests. I have a 996 I'd be happy with any decent power gains from an airbox.
I've dynoed both my 997S and 996 and got gains of about 15RWHP Peak and about 20-25RWHP gains under the curve!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:39 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, I have the box. I just haven't had time to test it. I have about 7 EFI conversions on 930s going on and 3 996TT motors I am building. I am a little backed up. I will try to get it up on the dyno this week.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
RedRocket is infamous around these parts
ok...so what ever happened? does the K&N and the upsolute chip add 50hp or what?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing new K&N FIPK tonight