997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

FINALLY! Highres pics of MexicoBlue's 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Really nice looking car. Nice job.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:34 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. I appreciate all of the compliments. Thanks to the Fanatic for helping my low-tech self get some pics up finally . . .

Also, thanks to Erik @ Cargraphic for the carbon lip, Wheel Enhancement for the rims and tires, Todd @ EVOMS for the awesome supercharger, and the best of all, Stephen Kaspar, Karl, Nate, Aaron and all of the guys at Imagine Auto for the install, the recommendations, and for pulling it all together. Great board sponsors all.

I have a lot more mods planned, including some DYMAG carbon / magnesium rims on order from Bill at Rennworx, but I knew if I waited any longer to get pics up, I was going to have to quit posting!

Thanks again, Russ

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 07-16-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
9.grand

See above:

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue

Also, thanks to Erik @ Cargraphic for the carbon lip
Thanks. I considered the stripe, but like it clean like it is for now.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:53 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Those tips look great!

Old 07-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
I...I think i'm crying ...it has to be the cleanest, most stunning 997S I have/will ever see...

Old 07-16-2006, 02:52 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
ohhhhh my lord! That is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Love the lip!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Choson1 is infamous around these parts
car is so hawt!!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:17 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Good Gawd that car is spectacular!!

Just needs ME in there to be perfect!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
SYMA is infamous around these parts
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:38 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Definitely gets attention, LOVE THAT COLOR

Old 07-16-2006, 11:04 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I have a Canon 20D...awesome camera isn't it? What lens and flash were you using? Camera settings? Thanks great pics and car!

Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
WOW!! Total absolute hotness Russ (not you, the car!).

Old 07-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by mdrums
I have a Canon 20D...awesome camera isn't it? What lens and flash were you using? Camera settings? Thanks great pics and car!
Thanks. The 20D is a great all-purpose camera. I have a 5D that I love, but I have to actually think when I use it, and the difference in output wouldn't have been noticeable on a computer screen.

We have had clouds and some light rain all week. I had literally about a five-to-ten minute window to shoot in that evening, and I could see a new set of clouds racing toward the sun as I hopped out of the car. I used all natural light, hand held, with a Canon 24-70 2.8L lens, on the auto Portrait mode setting for ease and speed. I tried to get a couple of shots using a 200mm/2.8L lens, because the glass is so nice, and the longer focal length wipes out most of the background and makes for great portrait work. But the clouds rolled in right as I was getting back out of the car to take some more pics. I think the end results were mixed. But I had never shot a car before, and I was lucky to get the sunlight that I did.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 07-17-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
your car amaizing simply best 997 ever

Old 07-17-2006, 03:35 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Nice colours wheels, CF lip and exhaust tips have fune owning such a unique porsche

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY! Highres pics of MexicoBlue's 997S