997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

FINALLY! Highres pics of MexicoBlue's 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:56 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
This car is just stunning!!! Did you have to use spacers with the Techarts - if so what size? Also, what are you going to do for "round 2"?
Thanks. I think the TechArts were in the correct size and offset so that spacers were not needed. I'll double check.

Round 1A should be in a few weeks when I get the 19" 9-spoke Dymag carbon / magnesium rims.

Round 2 will involve fully adjustable suspension (still waiting for something PASM-compatible), new clutch and lighter flywheel, probably new gearing, a few interior pieces like a new steering wheel. I'm also considering a full RUF body kit, although I go back and forth on whether or not to add a body kit, or just leave the body stock.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
any news for the dymag wheels?

ruf full body should be great but the car will not be a sleeper anymore

Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 AM
bitz49 is infamous around these parts
mexicoblue i think a ruf kit would be a bit too much. the car looks sooooo good now - the bright color & subtle look combination is just amazing.
congrats.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:31 AM
jcr847 is infamous around these parts
can we get some of those shots in higher res, like 1900x1200

Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcr847
can we get some of those shots in higher res, like 1900x1200
That would be a question for PorscheFanatic, as I haven't a clue. But the shots I sent him were pretty high res. I think.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:58 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
From a Gulf Blue Club Sport owner, you get kudos from our household! It's good to see a fellow Tennessean with a great and unique Porsche.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:58 PM
LeonJr is infamous around these parts
Sick car, did you do your mods all at once or slowly?

Old 09-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by LeonJr
Sick car, did you do your mods all at once or slowly?
Thanks. All mods at once, with round 2 coming this Fall.

Being in Little Rock, and Imagine Auto being in Kansas City (8 hours away), I'm only willing to give it up to them once a year, so that gives me a whole year to plan, draw up a list, read, and spend too much time on here deciding what to do next.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Gcookie is infamous around these parts
Beautiful Car!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
CarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the roughCarbonCycles is a jewel in the rough
Fawkin love that color...one of the few colors that is uniquely Porsche

Old 11-13-2006, 01:13 PM
tkarwin is infamous around these parts
Can you post the specs on your wheels? I looked on Wheel Boutique's website, but I am a little bit confused by what they posted. Your wheels fit perfectly. I see many 20s out there that look like they stick too far out in the back and just look stupid. So, if you could please post the specs (width, offset, diameter, and tire size/brand) that would be great! Also, how much did the techart springs lower the car? Keep up the good work!

Old 11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what the specs are on my TechArts. I got them from Wheel Enhancement, who is a board sponsor. Those guys really know their stuff, as I'm sure most board sponsors would. I mail ordered them from those guys, and they showed up on my doorstep, tires perfectly mounted and balanced, and ready to go on the car. They were super knowledgeable, and their customer service, patience, and friendliness were all top notch.

The TechArt springs lowered it about 1.25" I think, but again I am heavily dependent on board sponsor Imagine Auto (Stephen Kaspar et al) in Kansas City for their phenomenal recommendations and installation.

And thanks. The wheels do fit great, and no rubbing or bottoming out issues at all.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 11-14-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
ruf spoiler would looks so good on that car.
but yeah already it's one hot car.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I say go RUF bumpers/mirrors!

Old 11-13-2006, 06:28 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Mexico blue FTW! That color's from the 60's right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FINALLY! Highres pics of MexicoBlue's 997S