997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

what's wrong with this car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
what's wrong with this car

I'm wondering why this car is cheap. it looks so nice it has a lot of option but the pirce........ dunno is some thing wrong with wicked i have no idea about this company
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
thank you

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 07-17-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:49 PM
brn2bn1 is infamous around these parts
They used to sell the cars with salvage titles or damaged in the accidents and then repaired. I think they just get a f***ed up car, repair and modify it using the the tuner parts. This way there is always a reason why the car was painted or why some panels might not be adjusted properly.

Check out how the front bumper is aligned comparing to the hood:

Look at this car:300006033325

"We took a stock 1999 Porsche 996 Cabriolet and we removed every body panel on the car apart from the doors. Then we ordered all Factory OEM Porsche Twin Turbo Front Fenders and Rear quarter panels. Once our Expert Fabricators installed the factory front fenders and rear quarter panels, we then went further, where no Porsche Custom shop has gone before, we added 2 inches on each of the front fenders and a wopping 5.5 inches to each of the rear quarter panel "in medal NOT fiberglass" by hand, in individual sections (this process takes 3 months). Once the front fenders and rear quarter panels were perfectly shaped, we began modifying the front techart style front bumper and rear turbo bumper and expanding them to accommodate the wider custom body as only we can. Then we went to the Rocker panels, the rocker panels had to be customized to accomidate the extreme curves of the wide body. Then we installed our custom Wicked Type-3 hood with lines and contours to accentuate the lines and curves of the entire car. Finally, the last body part our own GT2 Decklid and Wing was
installed. Once all the body work and modifications were done, we took everything off to paint them. Once everything was painted in parts, we then installed them on the car and prepped the car for 2 weeks before we began the painting stages on the car. The paint job on the car looks like black glass, it is so gorgeous you would be afraid to touch it in fear of putting one finger print on it"

I bet this car was in the major accident.....why would anyone in the world put so many aftermarket parts on it and sell it for 1/2 price.

Look at their disclaimer:

"We cannot know if a car has "ever" been in an accident or ever had major mechanical issues unless we have owned the car it's entire life and sellers who tell you otherwise are not being completely truthful."

Very enthical and hopefully someone will sue them...

Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
"wicked*motorworks*com" that is the only problem

Old 07-18-2006, 01:02 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
u can tell that's a knock-off aero wing by the pics especially the open decklid pics. therefore the front bumper is most likely knock-off as well. u can see how poor the fitment is.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:21 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
wow some poor guy just spent 75k on that thing. for a few bucks more could have gotten a brand new one.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:15 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
The front bumper is aftermarket. There is no tow hole/cover/opening.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Those guys are a bunch of crooks, stay far away!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
WickedPorsches is infamous around these parts
Wicked Motor Works

When you say "Those guys are a bunch of crooks" What do you base that on? Can you tell me, because I own Wicked and I would love to know??? I can't believe someone like you is a Surgeon.

I don't understand all the HATE and where it comes from?

We are an extremely reputable company and we produce some of the most beautiful Wide Body Porsches on the market.

Where do you get your accusations???

Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WickedPorsches
When you say "Those guys are a bunch of crooks" What do you base that on? Can you tell me, because I own Wicked and I would love to know???
I would think that selling a salvage 996 Carrera as a 997 Convertible GT2 would be up there.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
nerual is infamous around these parts
Haha. How come all the drama is in the 966 forum? This thread is very tame in comparison. Anyway, a good tip you should probably stay away from a company is that their website is rife with spelling and grammatical errors. If they can't bother to pay someone to proofread their website, how careful do you think they are with the cars? That "08 cab" makes me laugh AND cry.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
SLP
SLP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mishref
I would think that selling a salvage 996 Carrera as a 997 Convertible GT2 would be up there.
hahaha

Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
,Unbelievable.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:14 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Those guys are a bunch of crooks, stay far away!
Dude, have you ever heard of libel? I don't have an opinion on Wicked or their cars, but you are opening yourself up big time to a lawsuit here.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
997 Dude is infamous around these parts
There is a potential problem with the "disclaimer" quoted above. It is not OK to say that you "don't know" what may have happened to a car before you owned it, if you do know something bad happened to a car (crash, fire, flood, etc.). Putting aside legal issues, it's just not being an upfront business person. It seemed from WMS guys' earlier message on the 996 board, that he had a pretty good idea of what happened to at least some of the cars he sells. It would be better if his ads described "salvage title" and what happened to a particular car. He would also avoid people being "haters" on websites. Although they might still dislike his vulgar cars, they would have more respect for him.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
otherhwhitemeat is infamous around these parts
call me old fashioned-but I just dont trust e-bay- especially when it comes to sight un-seen car purchases

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what's wrong with this car