997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S vs N/A M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Le Chef is infamous around these parts
So why own a sports car?

Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
too much driver skill is invovled if we take it to the road corse.
I thought one of the major reasons for owning a sports car was to test and develop your driving skills. If you only want to drive fast in a straight line and not bother aabout driving skills then why not just get something cheaper?

Old 08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Le Chef
I don't get it. Why would you go drag racing in a sports car? Seems like a waste to me. If you want to drag race buy American Muscle not a sports car which belongs on the track.
And if you didn't want a car that would go fast in a straight line, only one that handled well...you should have bought a Mini instead of a 997S.

Many sports car owners like to accelerate, as well as compare acceleration, with their cars...regardless of whether you think they should like it or not.

Deal with it.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-01-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
997 S is capable of running a 12.4 - 12.6 in the 1/4 mile. I ran a 12.8 personally in 90 degree weather. With just an intake and headers.
An M3 with my friends set up is suppose to do low 12's.

That is absolutely WRONG.

I've been a Super-Moderator on M3forum.net for 3 years. I've owned 2 M3's and am the first one to ever break into the low 12's. My next door neighbor owns the only high-compression, street legal E46 M3 of it's kind on the planet. I've forgotten more about E46 M3's than most people that own one will ever know. I've seen and heard about every mod for the cars that you can imagine. I know how much power the modded ones actually make, and how fast they actually are. I also know about the multitude of BS claims. And that is one of them.

That having been said....do you know how many M3's have done low 12's or quicker? Five. My Supercharged car was one of them. Two others have done high 11's..but they were both supercharged *and* using NOS. My buddy's car has gone 12.3 without a supercharger..but it's a fully-built, high-compression (12.5:1), one of a kind car that makes 340 to the wheels. The last car was driven by a pro driver and was a freak from the factory (only E46 M3 to ever hit 12's right off the factory floor with a 12.7. An anomaly that doesn't apply.) But none of the cars that are N/A have trapped higher than 111. Your 997S will trap higher than that.

Your buddies car will *never run* low 12's with bolt-ons. Especially the mods you listed. If he even runs better than a 12.8 @ 110, I'll be very surprised.

Trust me...unless you simply can't drive, you will beat his car without breaking a sweat.

Sorry to be harsh.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-01-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Kevin034 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I've been a Super-Moderator on M3forum.net for 3 years.
hahaha scooter, is that a new title that I wasn't aware of?

Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin034
hahaha scooter, is that a new title that I wasn't aware of?
Ya Kev...didn't you see the new capes we get to wear?

Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Kev...Buddy gets to wear the same cape.

Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
hahahah

For those that doesn't know Scott ... he's zero BS and all truth here. if he says that he knows about M3s ... trust him, he KNOWS about M3s. Additionally, he's a HP *****, just want to throw that in there.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by yemenmocha
I don't know who to root for!
rofl, but it's nice to have both of them in the garage doesn't it?

Old 08-01-2006, 02:31 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
That is absolutely WRONG.

I've been a Super-Moderator on M3forum.net for 3 years. I've owned 2 M3's and am the first one to ever break into the low 12's. My next door neighbor owns the only high-compression, street legal E46 M3 of it's kind on the planet. I've forgotten more about E46 M3's than most people that own one will ever know. I've seen and heard about every mod for the cars that you can imagine. I know how much power the modded ones actually make, and how fast they actually are. I also know about the multitude of BS claims. And that is one of them.

That having been said....do you know how many M3's have done low 12's or quicker? Five. My Supercharged car was one of them. Two others have done high 11's..but they were both supercharged *and* using NOS. My buddy's car has gone 12.3 without a supercharger..but it's a fully-built, high-compression (12.5:1), one of a kind car that makes 340 to the wheels. The last car was driven by a pro driver and was a freak from the factory (only E46 M3 to ever hit 12's right off the factory floor with a 12.7. An anomaly that doesn't apply.) But none of the cars that are N/A have trapped higher than 111. Your 997S will trap higher than that.

Your buddies car will *never run* low 12's with bolt-ons. Especially the mods you listed. If he even runs better than a 12.8 @ 110, I'll be very surprised.

Trust me...unless you simply can't drive, you will beat his car without breaking a sweat.

Sorry to be harsh.
hmmm. you might be right and i want to believe you. But it was a friend of mine who ran a 12.8 @ 108 with his M3 with only 3.91 gears, pulleys, and drag radials. So its kind of hard not to believe that an M3 that is lighter and has more mods wont be able to run mid to low 12's with drag radials
I am not a BSer i have hung around with alot of M3 guys and been apart of thier forums for a while; Ive done alot of research to know whats BS and whats not. I am also friend with the person who set a record with his M3 in the 1/4 mile, I was actually there when he did it. And the track he did it at was probably the worst place you can take a car to. His car is deffinitly a low 11 sec car.
Anyway, I know talk is cheap and obviosly i want to believe you becuase I want my car to win, but I dont want people to underestimate a well built M3.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Le Chef is infamous around these parts
Nice simplistic response

And if you didn't want a car that would go fast in a straight line, only one that handled well...you should have bought a Mini instead of a 997S.

Many sports car owners like to accelerate, as well as compare acceleration, with their cars...regardless of whether you think they should like it or not.

Deal with it.
I guess you have difficullties dealing with things beyond mere black and white. You missed my point by a mile, but do I give a sh*t? Not really. Sports cars are for both handling AND straight line performance. But if you get your kicks tinkering and fiddling about with making your car faster in a straight line, then enjoy. I prefer my sports cars with a more rounded set of abilities and challenges. YOu might like to try the full flavor version sometime - you never know you might enjoy it.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
I thought BHS put out some more High compression N/A M3's. When is Naseem's car going to be ready to go home?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Le Chef
I guess you have difficullties dealing with things beyond mere black and white. You missed my point by a mile, but do I give a sh*t? Not really. Sports cars are for both handling AND straight line performance. But if you get your kicks tinkering and fiddling about with making your car faster in a straight line, then enjoy. I prefer my sports cars with a more rounded set of abilities and challenges. YOu might like to try the full flavor version sometime - you never know you might enjoy it.
Got your point perfectly. I personally prefer both. And unlike you, I dont give owners a hard time when they only prefer one.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
This is the kind of stuff i have to deal with:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=1#post4677015

Old 08-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Beowoulf is infamous around these parts
Got your point perfectly. I personally prefer both. And unlike you, I dont give owners a hard time when they only prefer one.
So what you're saying is that you swing both ways.

Last edited by Beowoulf; 08-03-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by Beowoulf
So what you're saying is that you swing both ways.
Only with you, sexy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.