997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Pics of CF Mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:18 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
blakt out,

sorry to hear that, a major bummer.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Your choice of wheels/color combination flow together so well. With the addition of some CF, very nice!

blakt out,
Your 997 has come together in short order. Must be a real monster. Great job! Dark and sexy...

Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
D-uber cars - need some high res pics of that beast and specs please!!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
DJ,
On holiday till next week. Car has appointment at speed shop (MaxRPM) on 8/28/Mon for the next rounds of mods. Hopefully, can post some nice improved specs and pix.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM
NiATE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Your choice of wheels/color combination flow together so well. With the addition of some CF, very nice!
The pictures DO NOT do it justice either. It's a stunner in person. What's more it puts out over 500hp. Beauty and beast!

Old 08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Nate,
You must be the proud creator of this fast car with "just another pritty face".
Great job and congrads on a great combination of enhancements!

Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 AM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts
58spdstr - tell us about your window tint - ceramic or metallic? How dark?

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by lawjdc
58spdstr - tell us about your window tint - ceramic or metallic? How dark?

Thanks!
Metallic, I believe 45 back and rear and 35 front, but I'll have to go back and check to be sure. Legal in Kansas for what that's worth.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
masernegro is infamous around these parts
carbon lip

Hello,
Was the front lip hard to install?
How was the fit and finish?
How has it held up to driveway dings?
Thanks for the help
Eddy

Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
It holds up horribly to driveway dings... IF you get it hit in the front. It's fine with scrubbing on the bottom. Remember, it's very rigid too. So if it gets pushed up, it sends all that force to what it's attached to.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:21 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
And the fit and finish on MINE, which is Cargraphic that goes onto their front bumper, is too low... as is the fit and finish of the front bumper. I'm going back to stock.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Marwan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Other than my avatar, I don't think I've ever posted any pics of my car on this forum. So here are a few with my new carbon fiber mirrors from EVO installed. They're very well made with the CF laid up with a nice straight weave pattern. I can't decide if I'm going to change the stock rear spoiler. If I could find a small fixed wing in carbon to match the chin spoiler and mirrors I maight give it a go. Anybody know if someone makes one?
nice, although I'd like to see them on a yellow, red, or white 997 to get the full CF effect...

Old 11-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Wait. This is about the mirrors. I haven't had anyone hit them, so I don't know. Mine are Evo. They are very strong and solid feeling. I've said all along that, of the $50-60k in mods that I have all together, these mirrors and the SC are my favorite. They look killer on Basalt Black.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:52 PM
My car has the stock front bumper with the CF lip. The car is lowered, but I haven't had major problems with ground clearance except scraping the bottom of the spoiler going in and out of abruptly angled garages, etc. I haven't had a direct frontal hit (fingers crossed), so I can't comment other than to say that I stay away from curbs when parking and large speed bumps. The surface finish of the lip has taken its share of rocks and road debris, shows a little wear in spots, but seems to be holding up pretty well.

The mirror install is described on the Imagine Auto website with pictures detailing the process. I probably wouldn't have been able to do the mirrors myself. The spoiler is easier, but requires access (a lift typically) and an extra set of hands at a minimum. Imagine did that one as well.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:38 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
i love that look. very elegant...nice work