997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2 tone interiors, full leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM
mal28 is infamous around these parts
2 tone interiors, full leather?

are the 2 tone interiors full leather? the prices are the same

thanks

Old 08-09-2006, 07:17 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Yes..............

Old 08-12-2006, 10:20 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I have two tone gray full leather. Very nice indeed.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
hellgelb is infamous around these parts
This is the two tone interior I want... bit expensive though, I think.

Last edited by hellgelb; 08-07-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
taratko is infamous around these parts
Two-tone leather

On May 31st, 2006 I took delivery of a a 2006 C2 basalt black tiptronic with two-tone sand beige/black full leather, 19" Sport design wheels and colored crest wheel caps, Bose system, 6-disc changer, sand beige mats, autodim mirrors, and Porsche crest in seat backs. A luxury ride Carrera, for sure.

However after 1,900 miles, I am trading it in this Thursday on a 2006 black over black leather Carrera C2S tiptronic loaded much the same way with 19" Sport Designs! Couldn't help myself, the car is addictive but I felt the need for more performance.

After being at the track last week, and finding out from Porsche instrcutors how to drive the tip properly, I can say that it seems impossible that the manual can be shifted faster and smoother. I wouldn't have a 6-speed in this car, in fact, the Tip is phenomenal once you learn how to use it!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:23 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taratko
After being at the track last week, and finding out from Porsche instrcutors how to drive the tip properly, I can say that it seems impossible that the manual can be shifted faster and smoother. I wouldn't have a 6-speed in this car, in fact, the Tip is phenomenal once you learn how to use it!
How do you drive the tip properly??

Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hellgelb
This is the two tone interior I want... bit expensive though, I think.
what combo is that? looks hot

Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
must be custom order, all the two tones I have seen match up the center console also, among a few other things.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Can you pick your own two tone on any of the Porsche website configurators??

Old 08-24-2006, 07:33 PM
DBS996 is infamous around these parts
I agree, what are some techniques for extracting the most out of the tip (brake torquing at launch aside)?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:35 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I have a tip in my C2s w/ sport chrono because I lost my left leg a few years ago and can't shift with a prosthetic leg. What are some tips you can give me on shifting the Tiptronic?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
taratko is infamous around these parts
Tiptronic

One thing I learned is, at least for the track, is to let it upshift itself when it reaches redline in manual mode, but you need to downshift it as needed for turns. I find that in ordinary driving in manual mode, if you let up on the accelerator slightly as you would do with a manual, then shift, it does so faster/crisper.

Also, someone else perhaps can confirm this, I have found that if you keep the shifter to the automatic side, but use the manual shift buttons, the shifts are faster/crisper than in the manual mode. Plus, you can start out in 1st gear rather than 2nd this way.

The Tiptronic is an adaptive device that you can train through your driving style to get quicker/crisper shifts in auto mode. Plus, you can use the accelerator to keep it in a lower gear and to kick down one or two gears as needed. It takes some practice and time to learn, but IMHO (limited) the Tiptronic is superior to a 6-speed for the track. Under full acceleration i auto mode, it shifts instantly and far quicker than most amateurs can shift a 6-speed. It's quick!!!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:37 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
If my car is in auto-mode and I shift using the steering wheel .. it goes to manual mode for several seconds and then switchs back to auto If I don't shift again. I can start in first in either manual/auto mode (I have to do it through the tiptronic switch tho .. the auto won't start in first on its own).

Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM
DBS996 is infamous around these parts
Someone here mentioned that they thought the transmission might make quicker shifts by using the rocker switches in the auto mode versus the full manual mode. Tried it the other night and they seemed like carbon copies of one another. I did notice, however, that when you turn psm off the transmission will not shift AT ALL at the red line in manual mode (I dont have sport chrono either). It just bounces off the rev limiter, a nice touch that should quiet the whiners complaining that the system shifts itself regardless of what you do. Now if only it would do this all the time

Old 08-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mishref
If my car is in auto-mode and I shift using the steering wheel .. it goes to manual mode for several seconds and then switchs back to auto If I don't shift again. I can start in first in either manual/auto mode (I have to do it through the tiptronic switch tho .. the auto won't start in first on its own).

Using the steering controls, if you don't shift again for another 8 seconds, it will shift it for you (in auto mode). This is assuming you're not in the middle of a tight curve because the sensors will not allow a mid-corner shift in auto. Probably a safety measure..

For those who say a Tip is better (do you mean quicker laps or easier to drive?) on the track, how can it be if the 6-speed accelerates half a second quicker to 60??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 tone interiors, full leather?