997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Any experience w/Champion/Tubi exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Any experience w/Champion/Tubi exhaust?

Guys -

My local dealership in NoVA (HBL) is a Champion distributor and wants to put the Champion/Tubi exhaust on my 997S. I have the extended warranty - I asked about it and I was told it would not affect my warranty since it would be a dealer-installed item. (I know - get it in writing)

Has anyone used or have this exhaust? I heard the sound clips on Champion's site and it sounds nasty (in a good way).

Your input is welcome...

Old 08-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Tom@Brandywine is infamous around these parts
We sell those systems here also. I think they sound great and are lightweight with great build quality. go for it

Old 08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Chris, I just went through the whole exhaust/muffler ordeal. My local Porsche dealer also sells the Tubi products. Tubi is very expensive and nice but I went with the proven Fabspeed mufflers. I heard both of these brands before I bought and they sound alike and /or very simular. The Fabspeed is built extremely well and cost's over $1000 less than the Tubi. You can get Fabspeed direct or through various vendors. I ordered mine from Evolution Motorsports for $1095 since direct from Fabspeed they were out of stock at the time. Either the Tubi or Fabspeed are great choices.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 AM
mikejones997 is infamous around these partsmikejones997 is infamous around these parts
I Bought My 997s With Tubi Mufflers Headers From Champion,and I Think Is Sounds The Best Out All The System You Can Buy.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I went with FabSpeed too. The build quality is amazing. The welds on the canisters are one of the things I show people when I show them my car. You can see them through the wheel well.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Royalpar1 is infamous around these parts
Tubi

Hey

I had champion install tubi exhaust, and headers, sound great and increased performance i think. Champion is great!

I had installed Vivids KN intake = Garbage, caused MAF errors, redlining, and screwed up my TIP shift changes. Champion advised me that it could damage my engine and should pull it out immediately.
I returned to vivid and they are now fighting the 299.99 to take it back. (poor customer Service response). I had paid 60.00 fedex from them and 60.00 back not to mention the 120.00 champion charged me to install. They claim i shipped them porsche parts back. they are crazy. and want to charge a 35% restocking fee. Buyer Beware !

Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The Tubi (incl. tax and installation) would hit me for about $2500. I'm not OVERLY worried about cost, but the biggest factor there is that I keep my extended warranty.

Thanks for the input - the exhausts look great and should be a sweet mod.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Chris, I kept my warranty with the Fabspeed since the dealer installed it. $2500 installed is a good dealer because the Tubi list's/sells for $2400. Either Tubi or Fabspeed would be my choices....enjoy!
If you go with Tubi please post some pictures too and a sound bute if you are able. Thanks!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned
|Adeel is infamous around these parts
Tubi is great stuff.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Chris, I kept my warranty with the Fabspeed since the dealer installed it. $2500 installed is a good dealer because the Tubi list's/sells for $2400. Either Tubi or Fabspeed would be my choices....enjoy!
If you go with Tubi please post some pictures too and a sound bute if you are able. Thanks!
I'll see if I can get the sound bite small enough to post... If you go to the Champion site, they have one. I will definitely post pics if/when I do this.

Maybe I can get the dealership to install H&R springs at the same time.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Both very good outfits... Really nicely made but yet it's expensive!

Old 08-12-2006, 02:46 AM
initiald.com is infamous around these parts
I had Tubi mufflers and headers for my previous 997s. I think its the best thing i ever got! Its like listening to the orchestra play every moment u driving!

I have no regrets at all. And I will definately buy Tubis for my Turbo.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
[quote=initiald.com]I had Tubi mufflers and headers for my previous 997s. I think its the best thing i ever got! Its like listening to the orchestra play every moment u driving!

I have no regrets at all. And I will definately buy Tubis for my Turbo.[/quote

Does anyone know anything about zero-tek. I am currently looking for a 996 exhaust and someone on here found the zero tek. It sounds great, similar to the sound given by the very expensive Kreis Seig systems. I am not sure about it. Can anyone tell me how they feel the quality and sound is of this exhaust for my 996 C4 cab? Link below.

http://www.zerotek.net/coztpo996f1s.html

Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Chris what mufflers did you oick out?

Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I've been gone for 3 weeks... I think I'll be going with the Tubi. Right now my friend and I are talking to Spike about appearing in the Bullrun. I will work my mojo to get "sponsored" parts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any experience w/Champion/Tubi exhaust?