997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help me build the dream C4S coupe...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:48 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
dare i say....tiptronic....
In a Turbo you _can_ get away with that

Old 08-13-2006, 11:46 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
No need to trouble yourself, its already waiting for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 08-13-2006, 12:16 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
OK. Here's what I suggest. I think I would take that car there. It looks killer. Put some black 20s on it... maybe 19s. Aftermarket wheels, exhaust, short shifter, and H&R springs. Tint the windows and you're there. That white on black is killer. Yeah. Check out Fabspeed. It's the ticket. I agree with the seat backs being white... maybe console too. I'd stick with the black interior because it's bolder. I would not do black wheels with cocoa interior. That's just me. If you go cocoa, I'd go silver/brushed wheels... but that takes the white to more of a classy look instead of a ballsy aggressive look. That's me. I wouldn't go classy with the aero kit. That's my take. Never try to send more than one message with a modification. My 2 cents.

Attached Images  

Last edited by blakt out; 08-13-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
What are the 5mm wheel spacers for?

Old 08-13-2006, 05:30 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fayence
Anyone know if the C4S 2007 order guide is out yet?
I just went thru it with my dealer this afternoon.
And drove an 06.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
What are the 5mm wheel spacers for?
They are spacers to fill out the rear wheel wells and add 10mm to the track of the car. Aesthetically I like them but not sure if they change the handling or add some performance value to the car.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Coochas is infamous around these partsCoochas is infamous around these parts
There are some good suggestions here. I think the must haves include the Sport Chrono Plus (even if you hate the wart) and Sport Shifter (if still available). The PSE sounds better than the stock exhaust BUT I don't think it's a good value.
I added th 5mm spacer set to my C4S solely to improve the way the tires fill out the wheel wells. In principle the high speed stabiliy can be a little improved with them,...but it's nothing to write home about. Don't order the 5mm spacers (like $450 option) but rather buy them from someone like Sunset Porsche for $292 and put them on yourself.
On the frivolous side, consider the cool illuminated door sills (see pic below), the 'rear compartment' lid in leather with model logo, and depending on your car color matching seat belts (I have SY belts and they are a nice little touch).
If you order the car, I guarantee you that you'll love it. It absolutely flies and the cornering ability is mind boggling.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
What do you guys think of the X51 option (the additional power output)?

Old 08-13-2006, 06:48 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
[quote=Coochas]Sport Shifter (if still available).

It's not.
My Dealer told me today that's because 'people' had trouble getting it into the 'right' gear.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Coochas is infamous around these partsCoochas is infamous around these parts
What do you guys think of the X51 option (the additional power output)?
It's a very expensive 25 hp...on the other hand it does make a difference.
My feeling would be that now that the turbo is available, I would not go for a C4S X51 but just spend a little more and get a turbo which would be a much better performer. I'm assuming the AWD is important to you since you're focused on the 4S/turbo/Cayenne so the GT3 doesn't figure in.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Coochas
It's a very expensive 25 hp...on the other hand it does make a difference.
My feeling would be that now that the turbo is available, I would not go for a C4S X51 but just spend a little more and get a turbo which would be a much better performer. I'm assuming the AWD is important to you since you're focused on the 4S/turbo/Cayenne so the GT3 doesn't figure in.
Right. I've got my GT for non-4 wheelin' it. The C4S with X51,etc. is very close to Turbo pricing. Hmmmmm.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
SD1
Did you give the one in Colorado any thought? I would think you could make a good purchase on that car and it has literally everything.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by 05997S
Did you give the one in Colorado any thought? I would think you could make a good purchase on that car and it has literally everything.
Do you have a link to it?

Old 08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
SD1
This will get you there. Its been on ebay a few times now.

http://rmautosport.com/car_page.cfm?CarID=1745

Last edited by SD1; 08-13-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I'm leaning towards a white C4S now as a daily driver (vs Aston Martin, Turbo, or Cayenne).

Few things I already know i like, most of them on this car: http://pioneer.porschedealer.com/new...ntoryid=245538

Like aero kit, black rims, sport exhaust, etc.

I also know i want a coupe and tip.

Let the replys come...
Def the way to go. I would go with slate grey though. Good luck with the purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me build the dream C4S coupe...