997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Time for some wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 02:59 AM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Time for some wheels

Ive really had my eye HRE's but have been hearing alot of bad reviews about them.. Kenisis seems to be the crowd favorite as far as what i picked up on the forums.
What will be ther better deal.. I jsut need some wheels that will hold up around town, bumps, dips,but something that can hold at high speeds. I dont really have any plans on tracking the car.

I really liked the web design rim that HRE offers. Does kenisis only come with that one 10 spoke design, how much is the price difference between the two and also how much lighter or heavier are they then the stock rims; I have the 19 inch sport carrera sport wheels.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
have you looked at modularewheels.com

Old 08-19-2006, 04:26 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
DPE & iForged are nice alternatives too....

Old 08-19-2006, 05:16 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Very satisfied with my Champion RS-98's. Light, look great and even come TPMS friendly.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:05 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Ive really had my eye HRE's but have been hearing alot of bad reviews about them.. Kenisis seems to be the crowd favorite as far as what i picked up on the forums.
What will be ther better deal.. I jsut need some wheels that will hold up around town, bumps, dips,but something that can hold at high speeds. I dont really have any plans on tracking the car.

I really liked the web design rim that HRE offers. Does kenisis only come with that one 10 spoke design, how much is the price difference between the two and also how much lighter or heavier are they then the stock rims; I have the 19 inch sport carrera sport wheels.
Try www.wheelenhancement.com - lots of choices and pictures.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
love my champion rs 97's

nice deep dish in the back

Old 08-19-2006, 01:13 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
call peter @ wheel experts. they are a forum sponsor

Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 PM
thanks for the input guys.. With what wheel can a get the deepest dish, HRE says 4inch is the biggest dish, can any other brand do wider?

Old 08-19-2006, 02:32 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Given the offset, without sticking out past your fenders 4 or maybe 4.5 is likely the widest you'll get.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:36 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996

I think Kinesis, HRE, modulare and iforged are all popular. Check out iforged, they seem to be a crowd fav too. Are you by any chance going to be selling those 19" sports?

Old 08-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
I think Kinesis, HRE, modulare and iforged are all popular. Check out iforged, they seem to be a crowd fav too. Are you by any chance going to be selling those 19" sports?
I tend to keep all my stock parts so ill most likely end up keeping them.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:20 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
how bout vellano wheels?

Old 08-20-2006, 08:21 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Don't get the Kenesis F110's - everybody has them and they are too gorgeous on a 997

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want anyone getting my wheels either...

There are a ton of sexy wheels out there - I'm sure you'll find some you like.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
Don't get the Kenesis F110's - everybody has them and they are too gorgeous on a 997

looks great. I would want those in blakc with polished lip.. anyone have that on ther 997? pic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time for some wheels