997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New C2S owner. Need assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 AM
newcomer is infamous around these parts
New C2S owner. Need assistance

Hi all. Recently purchased a 997S black on black with Chrono Option in Hong Kong. However, there are no really good shops for modifying porsches here, so I did extensive research on mods in several user forums. I have chosen my mod preferences:
Techart spoiler / cargraphic front lip
Techart side skirts
full AWE system
H&R lowering springs
Since I live so far away in SE Asia, I need to ship the products. Is there a shop that has all these in stock in one go? From what I gather a lot of shops either carry AWE or Fabspeed, Teachart or Cargraphic....
And how much am I looking at for delivery? How long does it take to ship them over?
The only mod shop in HK is Gemballa. Too wild for my taste.

PM me if any shop is interested in my business.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 AM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
talk to Arling **** at Lucent Motors in Los Angeles (he's also a 6speed member).

http://www.lucentmotor.com/

Old 08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Stephen at Imagine Auto, Arling, Sharkster. None of that stuff is too exotic, so any of the board sponsor mod. guys should be able to heeok you up, if they can ship overseas without violating a distributor agreement . . .

Old 08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
jlingk is infamous around these parts
man.....everytime I see that blue car........just insane.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:49 AM
yes...especially with the 20" ?rims!

Old 08-25-2006, 11:50 AM
and is that a cargraphic carbon lip?

Old 08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Moogle is infamous around these parts
Carnewal.com

Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 AM
So I have sent my requests to all of the sponsors u have mentioned here. BTW....I am going for aftermarket mufflers and sport-cat, but not headers. Any suggestion? I used to drive a 996 c2 with PSE. Sounded very great. How does it compare with fabspeed and awe? Listening to web recordings doesn't work for me!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Is interesting there was not many shops specialize Porsche in HK. I'm originally from HK and there were so many mod Porsche in there. I think most of the higher-end shop can order Techart, Cargraphic, H&R stuff for you.

For the exhaust sound, one of my friend used to have AWE full system in his C2S. It was way louder, deeper and raw than PSE in 996. If you want race car like sound, you will love AWE fully system.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:43 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by newcomer
So I have sent my requests to all of the sponsors u have mentioned here. BTW....I am going for aftermarket mufflers and sport-cat, but not headers. Any suggestion? I used to drive a 996 c2 with PSE. Sounded very great. How does it compare with fabspeed and awe? Listening to web recordings doesn't work for me!
The first thing you should upgrade are the headers .. the stock ones from the C2S are quite restrictive (even the ones from the C2 are better).

Old 08-28-2006, 10:12 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mishref
The first thing you should upgrade are the headers .. the stock ones from the C2S are quite restrictive (even the ones from the C2 are better).
Why would they put better header on the lower model??

Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Why don't they include free scheduled maintenance? Profit!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Fellow users of Fabspeed and AWE. Can u tell me the sound, which one is closer to PSE? Mine will be a daily user, so extreme sounds is not preferred. And further, do new headers give u low end torque or high end horsepower? Need to make a decision now.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Fellow users of Fabspeed and AWE. Can u tell me the sound, which one is closer to PSE? Mine will be a daily user, so extreme sounds is not preferred. And further, do new headers give u low end torque or high end horsepower? Need to make a decision now.

Newcomer-

Please contact Eric @ Line Racing. He is our exclusive dealer in Taiwan.

LINE RACING
NO.672-2, sec3, Liming Rd
Situn District,Taichung City 407
Taiwan ROC
T-886-4-24513332
bavariacarstudio@hotmail.com

He will be able to assist you with what you need.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Up On 3 Racing is infamous around these parts
congradulations on your new purchase. We often ship overseas so that won't be a problem. I will send you a PM with pricing. Thanks.

Hi all. Recently purchased a 997S black on black with Chrono Option in Hong Kong. However, there are no really good shops for modifying porsches here, so I did extensive research on mods in several user forums. I have chosen my mod preferences:
Techart spoiler / cargraphic front lip
Techart side skirts
full AWE system
H&R lowering springs
Since I live so far away in SE Asia, I need to ship the products. Is there a shop that has all these in stock in one go? From what I gather a lot of shops either carry AWE or Fabspeed, Teachart or Cargraphic....
And how much am I looking at for delivery? How long does it take to ship them over?
The only mod shop in HK is Gemballa. Too wild for my taste.

PM me if any shop is interested in my business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New C2S owner. Need assistance