997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Basalt black pics request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
Basalt black pics request

Please post pics! Thanks

Old 09-03-2006, 02:31 PM
rzundel is infamous around these parts
Here you go. 997 C4s Cab.

Last edited by rzundel; 01-22-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... nice. so in the light, you see gray metallic flakes? does it look more like a dull black or a bright gray? please decribe.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's like a "light" black. That was the other car I considered (basalt w/sand beige and black 2-tone interior).

Old 09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
LeonJr is infamous around these parts
Very nice, I think that a front lip spoiler is a must on the 997. I gives it a more agressive look. I heard you can buy the 2007 with the appearance package, same kit as the turbo..

Old 09-03-2006, 03:48 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i have baslat blk

it's nice, not as deep as jet blk though.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:16 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is basalt black. Looks killer with Carbon stuff... IMHO.

Attached Images      
Old 09-03-2006, 04:38 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Mine is basalt black. Looks killer with Carbon stuff... IMHO.
How's the S/C running? All the idle bugs worked out? Your car looks great!!

Old 09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
The paint clearly has a metalic look to it but still looks black. Doesn't have quite the same depth as a jet black finish but also doesn't show all the imperfections. This all comes down to personal preference. I own three black cars and the basalt is the only metalic of the three. It's easier to keep clean and has a little sparkle in the sun.

Originally Posted by Paul S
ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... nice. so in the light, you see gray metallic flakes? does it look more like a dull black or a bright gray? please decribe.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:49 PM
What lip spoiler do you recommend?

Old 09-03-2006, 05:17 PM
LeonJr is infamous around these parts
Cargraphic, check them out they are sponsers on 6speed...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
How's the S/C running? All the idle bugs worked out? Your car looks great!!
It's running really well now. They hadn't encountered a situation like where I live. It's very humid here and was setting the car off a bit. I had some more stuff done this past week, including basic stuff like a service and all. The reflash happened then, and I haven't had any issues. The car is SOOOOOO fast though. I can't tell you guys how fun having nearly 500HP is!

My stuff is Cargraphic too. Ask for Herschel. He's been incredible. I'm going with more and more of their stuff as time goes on (waiting on it to become available). I will have a full RSC car with them very soon, which is a new full mod series that they are creating. I really am happy with all of their stuff, so I highly recommend the lip.

Also, the thoughts on the color that others on here have had are true to my opinions too. I've had Jet Black Ranges and all that too. Black's my thing. I like this color MOST under a street light at night. In the day, it looks like a very very very deep charcoal. I really like it. But it doesn't have the total depth that a true black will. I chose this color for a few reasons. 1) Despite NEVER using any kind of bad stuff on my past cars, the black ones mysteriously all come up with swirl marks. I hate it.
2) I wanted to have something that would look good with carbon. I think this is the sickest color for that (my opinion).
3) I think they should change the name to Stealth, and leave it at that. I wanted to do all this stuff to my car... stuff that would be LOUD on a bright color... so I went with the most unassuming color there. It looks like a shadow. I don't know about what look you want... but I wanted to get away with many exterior mods... and I mean... GET AWAY. So the car doesn't scream LOOK AT ME. I like this color for that too.

Don't know if that makes sense, but it's the personality of this color that I like. Not as showy as black from 20 feet, and really cool when you get up to 5 feet away.