997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Cab with RT12 Aero

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Looks really good...not over done. Is the rear wing functional as it looks like it moes up and down.

Glad you went with 19" wheels instead of bling bling pimp looking 20's.

Good Job!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Although I adore the RT12 it doesn't quite 'work' as a cab. It should be hardcore, thus a coupe.
I agree with the above statement.....
A cab takes on a whole different feel !
Definately not liking that wing....but I have yet to see a nice cab wing!

Stacy

Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
does that wing go up and down like the turbo? and a few more with the top down and from behind would be great

Old 04-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Cabs aren't hard core?

I'm a Cab lover so this is just outstanding. More pix please.
I do agree that the rear wing doesn't seem to fit. But it's more likely the contrasting color than the design. I'm looking for one, and might consider this one. Though so far, these (http://www.mashaw.com/html/product_info.html) seem to be the most visually appealing for a Cab.
And (accepting my bias) I take some issue with the implication that Cabs aren't 'hard core'. Tell Audi that with their R-15 TDI. Or Porsche and Acura and their ALMS cars. It's a perfect analogy, right ??
Seriously, I've read more and more, from people who are coupe folks but happen to sample a Cab that there's no observable difference any more. If there is, it's the extra weight carried aft. The body structure issue is virtually gone. At this point, it almost certainly comes down to the driver.
I'm thinking of starting a 'Cabs are hard-core too' support group.

Originally Posted by RAC
Just completed our first Cab with RUF Aero Package

Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
does that wing go up and down like the turbo? and a few more with the top down and from behind would be great
The Ruf wing is fixed to the decklid. PIWIS is used to shut off the wing deploy button. I think there are only 1 or 2 RT12s out there that have the hydraulic system added based on customer request, but the wing is typically fixed in position.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Red RT12 has the hydraulic system from the 997TT installed (BTW it's pretty darn heavy...defeats the purpose of having a carbon fiber decklid and wing.) Black RT12 is standard decklid - wing combo...

Attached Images