997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AIRBOX / INTAKE DIY - Helmholz resonator bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Mister PINK is infamous around these parts
Anyone - (CROD)

I was able to find the 1 1/2" cap but I check 6 different HD in NYC area NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has the 3" Elbow--

Can someone help? Next time your in the Orange box can you pick one up for me? I can send paypal, check tks..

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

-PINK,

Old 01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I could not find the part at HD so I went to Lowes and got something simular. The Lowes part does not work because you can't stretch it over the intake.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I have found these places that sell the Silicone hose like Fabspeed uses:

http://www.hightempsilicone.com/

http://www.sporthoses.com/

http://www.stylinmotors.com/index.html

Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
Does anyone know the exact size that we need (3" 90 degree?)?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Crod, how is your Home Depot Cold Air kit holding up? I still need to go search my local HD and see if they ever got these parts in...for fun.

see ya, Mike

Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 AM
queram is infamous around these parts
Well I never get to gather the parts for DIY so a friend of mine bought the Schnell part for me. Although there is quite a noticable change in intake sound from 3000 rpms, it came with a increased vibrations from the first minute I fired up the engine. Too shakey and rough. Everything sort of vibrates. Is this normal? I would be thankful if other fellow members who did this mod can help me out.

mdrums: This may be horribly noisy on a Tip car I am not even sure if I will be able to stand it for long.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
MY car is 6 speed and runs fine with the HD elbow! Perhaps you have an air leak? It seems to be holding up well after 3 months!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
HWJunkie is infamous around these parts
A few months ago, long before I saw this post, I bought a Schnell from ebay for I think $110, oh well, too late now... While it was in the mail, I put in a K&N air filter and blocked off the resonator with duct tape, I only went down the street and didn't get up in the higher RPM range, so to me, it didn't make any difference. Then when I put on the Schnell, I still didn;t notice a difference, although I only had the car for a short time and only drove it a few hundred miles, so maybe I just didn't know the car well enough... It has a PSE that I think is set to always loud, so maybe that has something to do with it? I was actually thining of puting the stock pipe back on.

Also, I have been told by multiple people to take out the K&N filter because it could cause problems with the MAF ??? Has anyone heard this before?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Not much of a difference until higher RPM! K&N filter, it's up to you!!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
Anyone know where I can get a red elbow and cap from? I woudlnt even mind a gloss black.

Do we need the 3" 45 degree elbow?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Google schnell cold air intake or search for (home depot) cold air intake, workaround?

Last edited by larrytrk; 04-06-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Guys - neat DIY stuff : newbie question - what are the most obvious seat of the pants effects from blocking off the resonator chamber ? Saw fabspeed video and dyno data.

Regards,

UJ

Old 04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
RedRocket is infamous around these parts
anyone looked at SAMCO hoses. I had a set of these on my Audi. Excellent quality and look good too. They sell a 3 inch 45 degree elbow.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unclejosh
Guys - neat DIY stuff : newbie question - what are the most obvious seat of the pants effects from blocking off the resonator chamber ? Saw fabspeed video and dyno data.

Regards,

UJ
Just more noise - no HP.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Just more noise - no HP.
I agree!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AIRBOX / INTAKE DIY - Helmholz resonator bypass