997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

any body knows how much the RUF wings is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
at the end of the day its EVO vs RUF... RUF +1...EVO... honestly not that big of a fan... That intake you have in the picture is 750 dollars... When we got it in at the shop we all laughed. I was like your joking... I just spent 700 dollars on a intake i could have made better at home depot (not really but you get the point.) Ruf on the other hand is a MUCH Better company. Go look at the dyno... Also to let you know the 70k dollar package is more then just a few turbos smack on the car... I believe that is the full engine rebuild...its 25k for the 550 package....

If i had the choice i would take the best modded RUF over the best modded EVO any day of the week... Dont forget EVO is more about the 1/4... RUF is more about the car then the 1/4 mile...

Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
at the end of the day its EVO vs RUF... RUF +1...EVO... honestly not that big of a fan... That intake you have in the picture is 750 dollars... When we got it in at the shop we all laughed. I was like your joking... I just spent 700 dollars on a intake i could have made better at home depot (not really but you get the point.) Ruf on the other hand is a MUCH Better company. Go look at the dyno... Also to let you know the 70k dollar package is more then just a few turbos smack on the car... I believe that is the full engine rebuild...its 25k for the 550 package....

If i had the choice i would take the best modded RUF over the best modded EVO any day of the week... Dont forget EVO is more about the 1/4... RUF is more about the car then the 1/4 mile...
Well I got your point...surely if the prices are so different, there's a answer!!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
i'm not talking about a Ruf VIN'D car. this is their 590 HP upgrade kit from their US web catalog. for $70K, you get turbos, exhaust, cats, intake, ECU, and installation.

educate me. they're not cracking the motor open here. what is more special about their 600hp package than EVO's or protomotive?
Actually we do crack your motor open. For the 590 kit you get your engine shipped to pfaffenhausen where it is completely rebuilt with titanium conrods , new cams, and intake manifold among the other things you listed.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
Actually we do crack your motor open. For the 590 kit you get your engine shipped to pfaffenhausen where it is completely rebuilt with titanium conrods , new cams, and intake manifold among the other things you listed.
fair enough. the website does not list that service or the extra parts. i would have cut and pasted it, but it is pdf file and it won't allow. the website is a little lack luster compared to the products that you offer.

so what is the difference between the 550 kit and evo/protomotive stage 4 then, besides 10K dollars (probably closer to 8K after install)? i know lots of people that have run that kit while putting down massive amounts of HP with no problems. i also have another friend running the protomotive version of the stage 4. again, riddiculous HP with complete reliability.

i can see the expense associated with the 590 kit (although i'm not sure why anybody would bother to do it), but what are the funamental differences between the ruf 550 and evo/protomotive. both of ruf' competitors have excellent software, exhausts are very similar i'm sure, and people have had excellent results upgrading to the k24's or the k24 hybrids (what my friend is currently running).

so what are the advantages to the ruf kit over the competition?

Old 10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
EVO good. Protomotive good. RUF good.

Honestly, I don't get the negativity. When I supercharged my Porsche, I talked to Wayne at RUF Autocentre extensively, and loved their supercharger kit. I also have a great relationship with Stephen Kaspar at Imagine Auto, who has a great relationship with Todd at EVO. The price wasn't that much more for RUF, but EVO offered more power, and I wanted Stephen and Imagine Auto to do my install, and to do all of the work on any current and future cars I have. Could RUF have delivered the same power by building a more agressive kit for my car? Of course. Do I believe, and have I experienced, that my EVO kit has been completely reliable thus far? Absolutely.

Maybe "Me_qwkr" could build a better intake from Home Depot than EVO, but I doubt it (I see your "not really but you get the point" - I just think your point is to be an a$$ - I don't get why you feel that saying bad things about another company makes RUF look better!), and I know I couldn't, and I don't understand why you would want to say that about them. I have found them (EVOms) to be nothing but awesome, and I doubt you personally have had greater success than them in this markeplace, and if you had you probably wouldn't feel the need to belittle them or their products.

With all of the above companies I see beautifully machined parts designed as a complete package to reliably enhance the performance of your Porsche. They all have different styles and identities, but there's no need to be disparaging any of them. I have nothing but complete respect for RUF, could afford one if that's what I had wanted, probably will buy one of their products or cars someday, and choose EVO for this particular application and am glad I did.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Ruf has great hitory building reliable high hp Porsches for the last 2 decades. I love their stuff, I have been in 2 different ruf vin CTR's and these to date have been some of the most memorable rides in my life. With that said, Evoms and Protomotive definatley lead the pack in Porsche tuning in the US. Much props to them for building a product that can compete (and sometimes out perform) their european competitors. They are big Porsche enthusiasts that truly enjoy the marque (like Ruf does). Talking smack about either one them shows lack of knowledge & class.

Last edited by LUISGT3; 10-12-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
MexicoBlue & Luis,

Rep points for both of you.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
fair enough. the website does not list that service or the extra parts. i would have cut and pasted it, but it is pdf file and it won't allow. the website is a little lack luster compared to the products that you offer.

so what is the difference between the 550 kit and evo/protomotive stage 4 then, besides 10K dollars (probably closer to 8K after install)? i know lots of people that have run that kit while putting down massive amounts of HP with no problems. i also have another friend running the protomotive version of the stage 4. again, riddiculous HP with complete reliability.

i can see the expense associated with the 590 kit (although i'm not sure why anybody would bother to do it), but what are the funamental differences between the ruf 550 and evo/protomotive. both of ruf' competitors have excellent software, exhausts are very similar i'm sure, and people have had excellent results upgrading to the k24's or the k24 hybrids (what my friend is currently running).

so what are the advantages to the ruf kit over the competition?
I want to preface this by saying I have not dealt with the evo/promotive kits. With that said I have no intentions of bad mouthing either company because I'm sure they make quality products.

In terms of the RUF upgrades, our main goal when it comes to turbo upgrades is to give a factory feel and finish. We pride ourselves at making vehicles and engines that will produce their advertised power ratings along with the driveability and reliability you would come to expect from the Porsche factory. In that sense we want to cover all bases when it comes to upgrading the engine. I'm sure its possible to acquire more than 550 hp from the K24's, however at the same time our engineers found it better to include upgraded internals when it comes to our 590 and 650 kits. This is to ensure the engine will run properly and that problems are not encountered down the road from excess stress caused by the power.

You are not only paying for components and labor involved in the power kits but also for the service and R&D. If you call Pfaffenhausen with a problem you will more than likely end up speaking with one of the head technicians who helped design the kits and know every single in and out of it. For stateside customers the RUF Auto Centre in Dallas is always more than willing to help out. I hope this answers your questions, if given the chance, I recommend you drive the 550 hp kit, there is little lag and it pulls like a monster.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
When I supercharged my Porsche, I talked to Wayne at RUF Autocentre extensively, and loved their supercharger kit. I also have a great relationship with Stephen Kaspar at Imagine Auto, who has a great relationship with Todd at EVO. The price wasn't that much more for RUF, but EVO offered more power, and I wanted Stephen and Imagine Auto to do my install, and to do all of the work on any current and future cars I have.

your entire post was well said. i will disagree with you on the supercharger pricing though. the RUF kit is about double the cost of the EVO supercharger kit at $23K.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Ruf has great hitory building reliable high hp Porsches for the last 2 decades. I love their stuff, I have been in 2 different ruf vin CTR's and these to date have been some of the most memorable rides in my life. With that said, Evoms and Protomotive definatley lead the pack in Porsche tuning in the US. Much props to them for building a product that can compete (and sometimes out perform) their european competitors. They are big Porsche enthusiasts that truly enjoy the marque (like Ruf does). Talking smack about either one them shows lack of knowledge & class.
nicely said luis.

you want a memorable ride? take a spin in woolyg's since he got it dialed in. makes my car feel as slow as yours really is

Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
nicely said luis.

you want a memorable ride? take a spin in woolyg's since he got it dialed in. makes my car feel as slow as yours really is
I am sure Wooly's car is a beast. Don't make me ship my car to Sebring to show you how slow my car is.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I am sure Wooly's car is a beast. Don't make me ship my car to Sebring to show you how slow my car is.
how bout we meet on the gandy bridge instead? i'll even give you two car lengths

Old 10-12-2006, 04:28 PM
how bout we meet on the gandy bridge instead? i'll even give you two car lengths
I am on the phone with Wooly right now. He said he'll give you 3 car lenghts on Gandy.

He also said that I'd take you at Sebring, cause its all about the driver.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I am on the phone with Wooly right now. He said he'll give you 3 car lenghts on Gandy.

He also said that I'd take you at Sebring, cause its all about the driver.
i'll pass on his offer. i know better

as far as you and sebring, not worried. i smashed you at the cart track with even HP. extra 120 should seal my victory with ease

Old 10-12-2006, 04:37 PM
i'll pass on his offer. i know better

as far as you and sebring, not worried. i smashed you at the cart track with even HP. extra 120 should seal my victory with ease
Extra 120hp? How about your extra 600lbs? Or perhaps your mismatched tires? The electric cart track . I am still going to the chiropractor for that day. Great comparison.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any body knows how much the RUF wings is