997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

any body knows how much the RUF wings is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:03 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Extra 120hp? How about your extra 600lbs? Or perhaps your mismatched tires? The electric cart track . I am still going to the chiropractor for that day. Great comparison.
looks like i'll have to go point to point on this one.

out of the two of us, i am the only one that has actually dyno'd the car. so yes, an extra 120 HP. based on your factory rated 380hp.

extra 600 pounds? again, out of the two of us, i am the only one that has had his car corner balanced, thus actually knowing what my car weighs. so unless the 996 GT3 is weighing in at 2800 pounds, i'd say the weight difference isn't as significant as you think.

mismatched tires. yes. however i could still put the smack down on you with retreads

the cart track is the true test of driver's skill. hp and suspensions are all equal. i drove circles around you. apparently i just have more natural driving talent. it's okay. you're still a decent driver. i wouldn't feel too bad about it

Old 10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
looks like i'll have to go point to point on this one.

out of the two of us, i am the only one that has actually dyno'd the car. so yes, an extra 120 HP. based on your factory rated 380hp.

extra 600 pounds? again, out of the two of us, i am the only one that has had his car corner balanced, thus actually knowing what my car weighs. so unless the 996 GT3 is weighing in at 2800 pounds, i'd say the weight difference isn't as significant as you think.

mismatched tires. yes. however i could still put the smack down on you with retreads

the cart track is the true test of driver's skill. hp and suspensions are all equal. i drove circles around you. apparently i just have more natural driving talent. it's okay. you're still a decent driver. i wouldn't feel too bad about it

Ok dude. Circles lol. It was an electric go car track. I am used to driving cars in road courses my friend. (Something you should explore someday). We have already had the discussion of most 996 GT3's dynoing around 400hp crank. My car weighs around 2950. Your piggy with stereo, auto top, sc and all of your plastic bling parts weighs easily 3500 lbs, if not more. Its funny how you have spent so much $ making your car such a "monster" yet you decide to be such a cheap *** on something as important as tires. Just to save a few bucks, you put some chaper (smaller/not as wide as your previous 305's) Dunlops. Dude its 2006, get some matching PS2's on there (in the correct sizes) and you will be surprised how much better it will feel/perform/stick. Its easy to talk smack from across the country, deep inside I know you know you would get the smack down at the track, the same way I know you would obviously pull on me on Gandy.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:17 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
We have already had the discussion of most 996 GT3's dynoing around 400hp crank. My car weighs around 2950. Your piggy with stereo, auto top, sc and all of your plastic bling parts weighs easily 3500 lbs, if not more. Its funny how you have spent so much $ making your car such a "monster" yet you decide to be such a cheap *** on something as important as tires.
i'm sure "most" GT3's do those numbers. get back to me when you can prove yours does as well

you were close on the weight. around 3450 to be exact, give or take a couple pounds. that includes 19's, supercharger, and a full tank of gas. i guess if i was quoting magazine stats like you're so fond of doing, i would guess my car is around 3350 minus the gas and oil

as far as the tires, you somewhat correct. the problem was my rears were worn and fronts were perfect. i couldn't find replacements for my rears as they were discontinued. i didn't want to throw away my perfectly good fronts and replace all four. i will replace all four when it's time (ie fronts/rears are smoked). for now, it suits my purpose just fine. hauling *** in a straight line

Old 10-12-2006, 06:30 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
i'm sure "most" GT3's do those numbers. get back to me when you can prove yours does as well

you were close on the weight. around 3450 to be exact, give or take a couple pounds. that includes 19's, supercharger, and a full tank of gas. i guess if i was quoting magazine stats like you're so fond of doing, i would guess my car is around 3350 minus the gas and oil

as far as the tires, you somewhat correct. the problem was my rears were worn and fronts were perfect. i couldn't find replacements for my rears as they were discontinued. i didn't want to throw away my perfectly good fronts and replace all four. i will replace all four when it's time (ie fronts/rears are smoked). for now, it suits my purpose just fine. hauling *** in a straight line
Magazine stats? Not me. I stick to the facts. Like I told you before, dynos don't mean ****, trap speeds do. Keeping that in mind, all 996 GT3's that have been dynoed here in the US have all been hovering around 400hp crank (some a bit more some less). I would only use a dyno, like you did to test before and after mods. Lets find out what your "straight line" *** hauler does on the 1/4 and what it traps at. Then you will know your beast's ture power output. We can keep on debating this untill the cows come home, but for whatever reason, you seem to lack the ***** to take your car to the track. Get back to me once you do.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:00 PM
so what does your car trap out at? oh, you haven't done that yet....

so what does YOUR car weigh. hmmmm, you haven't weighed yours.

so what does your car dyno at? damn, guess you haven't done that either.

good thing you have a handy copy of motor trend
to keep quoting your numbers from

btw, i'm too scared to go to the track. my clutch already has enough glaze on there to handle an entire day's output from the crisy kreme factory

fwiw, go to the right dyno with the right operator and you'll be in the ballpark at least. may not be exact, but it will be close enough.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:00 PM
glad to see we've totally hijacked the tail end of this thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
I want to preface this by saying I have not dealt with the evo/promotive kits. With that said I have no intentions of bad mouthing either company because I'm sure they make quality products.

In terms of the RUF upgrades, our main goal when it comes to turbo upgrades is to give a factory feel and finish. We pride ourselves at making vehicles and engines that will produce their advertised power ratings along with the driveability and reliability you would come to expect from the Porsche factory. In that sense we want to cover all bases when it comes to upgrading the engine. I'm sure its possible to acquire more than 550 hp from the K24's, however at the same time our engineers found it better to include upgraded internals when it comes to our 590 and 650 kits. This is to ensure the engine will run properly and that problems are not encountered down the road from excess stress caused by the power.

You are not only paying for components and labor involved in the power kits but also for the service and R&D. If you call Pfaffenhausen with a problem you will more than likely end up speaking with one of the head technicians who helped design the kits and know every single in and out of it. For stateside customers the RUF Auto Centre in Dallas is always more than willing to help out. I hope this answers your questions, if given the chance, I recommend you drive the 550 hp kit, there is little lag and it pulls like a monster.

Well put sir. Well put.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 PM
so what does your car trap out at? oh, you haven't done that yet....

so what does YOUR car weigh. hmmmm, you haven't weighed yours.

so what does your car dyno at? damn, guess you haven't done that either.

good thing you have a handy copy of motor trend
to keep quoting your numbers from

btw, i'm too scared to go to the track. my clutch already has enough glaze on there to handle an entire day's output from the crisy kreme factory

fwiw, go to the right dyno with the right operator and you'll be in the ballpark at least. may not be exact, but it will be close enough.
My car is stock weight minus 60lbs for the GT3 seats.
I am willing to go to the 1/4 on Sunday and tell you what I trap at, (by posting a slip) if you take your wifes panties off and do it as well.
I don't quote magazine stats. I will however go by dozens of 6speeders and rennlisters who have dynoed their stock GT3's (Like mine).

I am sure the $20 coupled with the handjob you slipped your dyno operator halped with your high #'s.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
glad to see we've totally hijacked the tail end of this thread
For sure. Sorry fellas.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:13 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
For sure. Sorry fellas.
damn aren't you guys friends? doesn't sound like it. sounds like you guys are unhappily married

Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 AM
i broke up with him and now he's bitter. hell hath no fury like a scorned woman

Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
i broke up with him and now he's bitter. hell hath no fury like a scorned woman
Whatever, I broke up with you. You are the only cop I know that cannot grow a mustache and I could not live with that.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Whatever, I broke up with you. You are the only cop I know that cannot grow a mustache and I could not live with that.
And we all know you're a sucker for those mustache rides

Old 10-21-2006, 03:17 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Hey jumping back on track here .... I still cant believe people are comparing Ruf to EVO... Evo is a great company for what it is. I must say some of their stages are worth the bang for buck. But honestly two things..

First... RUF is the GODFATHER of Porsche. So much so RUF is a car manufacture. Not just an aftermarket shop. To have a RUF vin car is saying a lot. EVO on the other hand is like the freshman student, thats very smart and cunning, but still has a LOT to learn. Case in point EVO vs RUF on hp kits for the new 997tt... Example RUF is already got kits for over 700hp to my knowledge... EVO is no where near there.

Second. I have bought many an item from EVO. But to be honest I really dont feel their intake is worth the cash. But thats from a person that deals with japanese intakes all the time and not use to paying 1k for an intake like most euro cars.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
Hey jumping back on track here .... I still cant believe people are comparing Ruf to EVO... Evo is a great company for what it is. I must say some of their stages are worth the bang for buck. But honestly two things..

First... RUF is the GODFATHER of Porsche. So much so RUF is a car manufacture. Not just an aftermarket shop. To have a RUF vin car is saying a lot. EVO on the other hand is like the freshman student, thats very smart and cunning, but still has a LOT to learn. Case in point EVO vs RUF on hp kits for the new 997tt... Example RUF is already got kits for over 700hp to my knowledge... EVO is no where near there.

Second. I have bought many an item from EVO. But to be honest I really dont feel their intake is worth the cash. But thats from a person that deals with japanese intakes all the time and not use to paying 1k for an intake like most euro cars.
NICE "RUF is the GODFATHER and EVO is the very smart freshman student "

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 10-22-2006 at 12:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any body knows how much the RUF wings is