997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

any body knows how much the RUF wings is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:19 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deputydog95
glad to see we've totally hijacked the tail end of this thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
To answer the original question and to add fuel to Mex's fire, IIRC the whole kit is $10K. When the gods of home equity smile on me, I'm taking my car to RUF for the Kompressor and Rt12 bodykit. I know the kit is expensive, but my peace of mind is worth the price difference.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
LeonJr is infamous around these parts
I just read this whole thread and it was awesome! Great come backs from both guys....very entertaining.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
To answer the original question and to add fuel to Mex's fire, IIRC the whole kit is $10K. When the gods of home equity smile on me, I'm taking my car to RUF for the Kompressor and Rt12 bodykit. I know the kit is expensive, but my peace of mind is worth the price difference.
or you could buy the evo supercharger and a spare motor and still spend less than the ruf kompressor

Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
or you could buy the evo supercharger and a spare motor and still spend less than the ruf kompressor
...but you know, with some people it's all about the designer lable . just kidding. i would love to have the Ruf kompressor because it is the most stock looking and would totally pass smog tests. smog is coming up in a few months and i have to remove the evo kit.... arggghh. EVO, WILL YOUR KIT EVER BE C.A.R.B. LEGAL???????!!!!!!!! doubt it please prove me wrong.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
...but my peace of mind is worth the price difference.
Not to mention if I sell it, most people are going to be MUCH more comfortable buying a RUF-modded car. Not that I would ever sell it...

Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
you guys have it tough in CA. we don't even have annual inspections here in FL.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Not to mention if I sell it, most people are going to be MUCH more comfortable buying a RUF-modded car. Not that I would ever sell it...
i think we'll agree to disagree on that one. if you threw some random one off blower on there, i could see some people having issues.

anybody who knows anything about these cars knows who EVO is and the quality of their products. if anything, the EVO is actually a proven supercharger kit with the owners now in the triple digits and some tens of thousands of miles on these kits. how many people do you know with the RUF setup?

but hey, to each his own. i would love to see someone who is not affiliated with RUF finally buy one of these kits and put it on the road and do some dyno tests for us. personally, before i dropped 25K on a Kompressor kit, i would just sell my NA car and buy a TT. it does look to be a very very high quality unit though.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
you guys have it tough in CA. we don't even have annual inspections here in FL.

well there's twice as many people in CA than in FL so regulations are a good thing. it's just that i think evo never had intentions of ever getting it C.A.R.B. legal. they're just paying lip service. the SC has been around for 4~5 years and still nothing. i had a '98 boxster and put an evo cold air intake on it that had C.A.R.B. approval pending. 5 years later and......

rant over

Old 10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
i'm not sure i even understand the carb certification. is it something beyond passing an emissions test?

Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
i'm not sure i even understand the carb certification. is it something beyond passing an emissions test?
in addition to an emissions test there's a "visual" test. obviously the evo would fail whereas the Ruf would pass.

it sux about the visual test since the evo kit supposedly passes the emissions test... well... at least when it gets flashed back to oem

Old 10-30-2006, 05:43 PM
XSrcing is infamous around these parts
a RUF modified GT2 (650 hp) just passed smog in cali with no problems.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by XSrcing
a RUF modified GT2 (650 hp) just passed smog in cali with no problems.
...but is it CARB certified.. does it have a CARB #? anyway were talking about different cars with different mods.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlooz
in addition to an emissions test there's a "visual" test. obviously the evo would fail whereas the Ruf would pass.

it sux about the visual test since the evo kit supposedly passes the emissions test... well... at least when it gets flashed back to oem
Don't know how tough the visual test is but the compressor pulley and RUF designation on the airbox are pretty visible.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Most places wouldn't know about the RUF airbox and would be hard-pressed to spot the pulley. Besides, most dealerships I know have a "go-to guy" for their "special" customers. That's how I got my Evo past smog when I moved back to CA.