997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Supercharging Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
NikosFindas is infamous around these parts
The Supercharging Issue

The reason i opened this topic is to exchange vital information about Supercharging kits and their reliability and drivability.What have the owners of Supercharged Porsches to say about their kits.After EVO - TPC - RUF the word is TechArt is preparing their Supercharging kit wich will produce about 440 H.P.Ruf says their kit will output 435,TPC 500 and i saw a lot EVO doing even 540.Are those numbers safe for a vehicle with 11,8:1 Comp.Ratio???Thanks for your time...

Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned
Crod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the roughCrod is a jewel in the rough
I could be wrong but when you run boost of any sort you have to reduce the compression ratio. I would assume these manufacturers already do this in some way.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Never heard of any 997 engine blown with either of those kits, the TPC polemic was about a boxster engine.

I'd rather go with EVO because proven, not too arsh for the money , and the far best looking under the deck lid.

And yes it puts the more power as far as seen on the forums

Old 10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Evo. Car still has the same personality it did before, other than being way more pissed off! I love it. I had issues with it running rich, and it still occasionally does. I must admit that I don't think this is really Evos fault, as they have reacted to my concerns every time. I already have 14k on my car. It's my daily driver. I am really, really busy, and haven't had a chance to give them one last look at it. It absolutely is insane though. I live at the beach, which is flat and the roads suck. But I drive it to the mountains of NC alot, did today actually. Ran the **** out of it on curvy roads (The Dragon, etc) this morning and it's just amazing how I find myself not so upset at slow drivers in my lane. The double yellow lines just become suggestions not to pass. Evo. Why anything else?

Old 10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Mpowered is infamous around these parts
Where are you in NC blakt out? Can I take a look at car? I've been thinking about betting one installed on my car. Also, what shop did your install and tuning?

Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Another vote for EVO. As with any decision to increase performance and risk reliability (not to mention your warranty), get it done by someone with experience with the installation and maintenance of the mods you are contemplating. There will be some ongoing tweaking requirements, and although there is a lot of exprience with the 996, there are still only a handfull of 3.8L supercharged cars out there and even fewer shops that I'd trust to do the work. Talk to Stephen at Imagine Auto before you do anything.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mpowered
Where are you in NC blakt out? Can I take a look at car? I've been thinking about betting one installed on my car. Also, what shop did your install and tuning?
I live in both Wilmington at the beach and in the mountains of Cashiers, near Asheville. So I'm pretty available. Any time. Hendrick in Charlotte put it on. Those guys are great.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Love my EVOms supercharger. Awesome power, but still extremely tractable and driveable. Really the best of all worlds for a daily driver, or a weekend fun car. I can't say enough good about Todd/EVO and Garrett/GIAC, and the kit they have produced. But you still need a great installer, and Stephen Kaspar and the guys at Imagine Auto couldn't be better. There are several great board sponsors / installers, so look to see who's in your area. But the EVO kit completely transforms the 997s into a different car in my opinion,and is a bargain to boot. I have had zero problems with mine.