997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lightweight 20 inch wheels for C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM
LeonJr is infamous around these parts
Question Lightweight 20 inch wheels for C4S

What are my options? I curious to here the forums opinion because increasing the overall weight of my p-car is not my goal. I am always looking to rid my self of additional weight, but fancy wheels with deep dish lips (4inch) seem to add weight. Is there anything out there that is agressive looking and weight efficient?

Old 10-27-2006, 10:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LeonJr
What are my options? I curious to here the forums opinion because increasing the overall weight of my p-car is not my goal. I am always looking to rid my self of additional weight, but fancy wheels with deep dish lips (4inch) seem to add weight. Is there anything out there that is agressive looking and weight efficient?
you should prob stick with 19's. try out fiske, and kinesis f110s. they are light and im sure some toher have other good suggestions.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:10 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 20C4S
any Champion one piece forged wheel is light, both 19'' & 20''. depends on budget of course. u can have a set of Dymag carbon wheel in 20'' for less than 15lbs each.
yea those carbon/magnesium wheels are cool. would those be safe in terms of bending in a 20" form on an suv, bc magnesium is a very soft metal, isnt it?

Old 10-27-2006, 11:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
the lip is carbon so i don't think u can bend it. they crack to be exact.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
the lip is carbon so i don't think u can bend it. they crack to be exact.
I thought it was the other way around, my bad. Yea i would worry about cracking, but nonetheless, they are a stunning wheel.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
I would go with Kinesis F110 19" wheel because....

because they look great: polished deep dish lip with silver painted inner wheel AND they weigh less than ANY current production Porsche wheel. For 19 x 8 1/2" front wheel and 19 x 11 1/2" rear wheel for a C4S the weights are 18 lbs. 12 oz. front wheel and 20 lbs. 13 oz. rear wheel. These wheels are FORGED one piece light alloy as opposed to factory CAST wheels. Check out www.wheelenhancement.com to see the wheel and pictures of the wheel outfitted on customer cars.

BTW, Leon, where are thepics of your C4S thatyou promised ? !

Old 10-28-2006, 07:41 PM
No insult to anyone who has them but the Kinesis are to ordinary for me. I am looking for something a bit different. I have considered the Rinspeed, but I wonder how much they weight? I also had someone else on the forum tell me you need adapters for a 4S. I just wanted to get some ideas, again I really like the champion wheels but the rear dish is not that deep, and if I am going to give up the lip I might as well do the Rinspeed. By the way I did take some pics and will problably post over weekend. They suck because I took them in my garage.....raining a lot by the house this week..

Old 10-28-2006, 09:13 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LeonJr
No insult to anyone who has them but the Kinesis are to ordinary for me. I am looking for something a bit different. I have considered the Rinspeed, but I wonder how much they weight? I also had someone else on the forum tell me you need adapters for a 4S. I just wanted to get some ideas, again I really like the champion wheels but the rear dish is not that deep, and if I am going to give up the lip I might as well do the Rinspeed. By the way I did take some pics and will problably post over weekend. They suck because I took them in my garage.....raining a lot by the house this week..
Check the Champion website again - lots of very lightweight wheels. I have a set of the RS97's 19 inch on a C4S. I think the rear lip is 2 inches - maybe a little more. A lot of folks comment favorably when they see them. If you find one you like and don't like the polished look, Champion (and others) can paint or finish to your specs. Also Wheel Enhancement website has lots of pictures with the various wheels they sell. Good luck. I'm starting to collect wheels like shoes.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
There is a new wheel from Champion Motorsport in 20".

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...lDetail&id=175

Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 PM
To get a wheel with no lip I think I prefer the Rinspeed. Wow, now that I think of it it looks like the new 19inch wheel Porsche is doing special order. They tried to sell it to me when I got my car but I don't like the multi spoke wheels because they are a ***** to clean...

Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Rinspeed wheel is 28 lbs I've heard. And less for the front ones i'm sure.

Last edited by gomez; 07-12-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
If you are concerned with performance of you car why do you want 20" wheels? You will get less performance from the tires, add weight and personally they look silly on a true performance car. Stay with 19 or 18" and check out the many wheels already mentioned in thise thread.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
You can find 20" wheels that weight the same as the factory 19" and even get a lip.. Just got to search a high end wheel shop.. I think GFG wheels are close to weight as factory and u can get a deep lip......

Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
If you are concerned with performance of you car why do you want 20" wheels? You will get less performance from the tires, add weight and personally they look silly on a true performance car. Stay with 19 or 18" and check out the many wheels already mentioned in thise thread.
I agree 100%

20"s on a 911 = pure poser IMO

I'm happy to run 19"s on the street but now I'm looking for some 18"s for auto-x/track days.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lig
I agree 100%

20"s on a 911 = pure poser IMO

I'm happy to run 19"s on the street but now I'm looking for some 18"s for auto-x/track days.
damn i am going to be a POSER oneday

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lightweight 20 inch wheels for C4S