997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Which one?
RUF Kompressor conversion
28.30%
Trade in for a new 997 GT3
69.81%
None of the above
1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

RUF Kompressor or GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 AM
i300zxtt is infamous around these parts
Evolution MotorSports is having a Holiday sale: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65626

The Evo supercharger
kit is going for $10,700, much cheaper than RUF. Just something to think about...

Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Marwan is infamous around these parts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
OK - so should I take a hit and get a 997 GT3 (my dealer has some '08 allocations) or use the money and get the RUF Kompressor conversion? Or should I do none of the above...

Please vote and add comments... No flaming please - I just want to know what you guys think. Both options have their merits.
going with choice one or two, or doing nothing at all, depends on how much you're gonna fork out! as for choosing between a ruf conversion and a GT3, if you're paying the same difference, surely get the GT3... afterall, it's a factory car... I'd get the GT3 even if it's gonna cost me $5k extra over a ruf conversion... the GT3 is not just about more bhp... it's a totally different experience... whereas with the ruf conversion, you'd only be getting more straight line power... ruf is an interesting choice, when you talk about a fully prepared ruf car, i.e. modifications to the chassis, brakes, clutch, engine, interior, etc... but then you'll being paying 997TT money

Old 12-02-2006, 09:34 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Tough decision - I'm somewhat biased since I did the Ruf conversion on my C4S and I think it's great. I did worry about voiding the P-Car engine warranty but the Ruf 24/24 warranty made me feel better. I won't track my car so a GT3 wouldn't have been a choice for me. My next P-Car will probably be the 997TT. I find it's hard not to mod a car so I guess another question for you is - will you be satisified with the GT3 as is or will you start thinking of modifying it after you have it for short while. Whatever you decide, you'll have made the right decision - your decision. Keep us posted.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:50 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
gt3 Chris.
how much are you selling the c2s for?
PM me, sorry i can never make it out friday cuz my gf always wants to hang out and do car stuff as she thinks i like cars more than her sometimes. :-)

Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
GT3! (and then make me a killer deal on the C2S)

Old 12-04-2006, 02:00 AM
TrailBraker is infamous around these parts
I vote GT3. I'm currently on my dealers wait list for an allocation.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
frayed is infamous around these parts
The GT3 is the obvious choice for reasons already stated. However, if you are not a track enthusiast, the PITA factor of the GT3 might leave you frustrated. I had the 996 GT3 and while the new one promises really solid street manners compared to the old one, it still has death defying ride height. You'll scrape everywhere around town and you just won't be able to go certain places.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey Chris...your italian friend suggests you to get the GT3
Not meaning the RUF isn't that good...but I'd get the Porsche.