997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just got an Audi Q7 to sit beside my 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Just got an Audi Q7 to sit beside my 997S

Hey everyone,

I know it's a Porsche forum, and everyone might wonder why I'm mentioning this since it's not a Cayenne, but I just bought a loaded up 4.2 Premium Audi Q7 with the six seater option (second row buckets). I really like it. It actually has a rear torque bias and actually rotates well.

I'm still waiting to see if I SC this thing too. Don't know yet. But will likely be doing the Nothelle body kit and all. Here are two pics. Neither are of my car actually. None of my pics came out well. I'll snap some more if anybody wants them, but mine looks JUST like this. Exactly. The second pic is the Nothelle stuff that will make it look meaner. I'm getting an enclosed trailer to haul my 997S around to tracks in so I can use track tires and not chunk them on the way to the track. Hope you all like!

Well, it isn't letting me add photos right now. I'll work on it if anyone gives a rip.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:27 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'll have pleasure in watching them...please post them up

The Q7 is the second best SUV IMO...

Old 12-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Nice - I really like the Q7...

It was considered (along w/Cayenne S) before I got my FX45.

Can't wait to see the pics! What color did you get? I really like the Condor Gray and Lava Gray...

Old 12-09-2006, 06:41 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Ok. Worked this time. The first is exactly like mine. It's loaded up totally. Light Silver with Gray interior with the quad buckets. No mods yet, other than a board rack. The second pic is where I think I'm takin' it.

Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That thing looks mean as hell... keep us posted. Again, congrats!

Old 12-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks man. I've had the new Range (which the transfer case broke in), a 2006 V8 Touareg (which the motor blew at 11k), and quite a few other SUVs. I really like this one.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:44 AM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
nice... i'm sure the Q will look great once it is modded. May I ask why you chose the audi over the cayenne?

Old 12-10-2006, 04:21 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Drove one last week and like is vert much. Nothelle one look pretty good, any more pics?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:52 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Definetely a sweet looing car...anyway someone in my townn said it has very big problems in braking...first caused by the weight of the car, second caused by the lack of good brakes...would you like to tell me your impressions please?

Old 12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The nothelle bodykit looks way better than the ABT Bodykit I saw in the dealership 3months ago, If you want something unique mix and match the nothelle bodykit with the 23" Wheels from Rinspeed in Anthratice colour, Ohh A S/C would be exspensive and I dont think it you will reach the 5-6 second to 60mph

Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Forgot to say congrats on the new car, I like the Q7 looks cool.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys. OK. Braking... it's actually great, in my opinion. It does weigh a lot... A LOT... but they are quite large and do a great job. I saw some test that had it under 120ft from 60-0. Can't remember exactly. It isn't where our cars are or anything, but it does better than my Range. Why a Q7 instead of a Cayenne? Well, everyone has their opinions, but I think the Cayenne looks a bit like a fishing lure. Also, I like the quad seating and third row of the Q7 and think it is waaaaaay nicer (as are all Audis) on the inside. PLUS, I don't remember exactly what the HP on the Cayenne S is, but I think mine's about the same due to the direct injection. In addition, the Q only weighs a bit more because of the extensive use of aluminum. That, with the rear torque bias makes a pretty lively feeling rig. Panoramic roof also is a big plus for me. All in all, it wasn't much of a comparison for me. I drove them both. I've driven the Cayenne a good bit prior, and I had a 2006 Touareg V8 too. I respect Audi and when they came out with this thing, I just wanted to support the movement, you know?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:49 PM
D.D. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
I think the Cayenne looks a bit like a fishing lure.
O.K............Which part????? Please explain?????

Old 12-10-2006, 06:05 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats I love the Q7.. you can compare the looks but not the perormance, Cayenne Performance are better than most cars on the road.. btw the new Cayennes with FSI is now 385HP I'm waiting on the 3.0tdi to come in, I will deinitely join you

Old 12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
i have both the Cayenne Turbo and the Q7... to tell you guys the truth i'd rather leave the Cayenne at home... it is no comparison with the Q7 except on the power level... Q7 has MUCH PRETTIER interior and much more handsome interior... i want to love the Cayenne but the Q7 is the WAY better truck... and in anycase the Q7 is much cheaper even than the Cayenne S with equal amount of equipment... and the Nothelle body kit is one of the best looking ones i've seen yet besides Caractere... and both body kits match the 23in Rinspeed wheel very well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got an Audi Q7 to sit beside my 997S