997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche to give 2008 911 DSG, direct injection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Haven't many of the successful Porsche GT3 RSR's had PDK/DSG? And what about the Spyder?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
Until someone with a Tip or the upcomming DSG passes you on the track!

Seriously, have any of you ever thought that some people might need a Tip or DSG style of transmission to be able to enjoy this car? You do not see me or others putting down your choice.
actually, it's driving skill that will allow one to pass another on the track. Tip or DSG just "cheats" and shifts faster than any one person can.

you have to recognize that Porsche purists will always vote for the manual. the same debate exists with the Ferrari, Lambo, BMW enthusiasts, etc.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Haven't many of the successful Porsche GT3 RSR's had PDK/DSG? And what about the Spyder?
what was the first race of this season's ALMS? anyway, i remember the Spyder having tranny problems, still i think it finished 8th or something. but the Spyder took the checkered flag at the Lone Star Grand Prix recently, so that's cool.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
i heard the 2011 998 runs on garbage. In 2013 they will change the tail lights back to bulbs.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lardog
i heard the 2011 998 runs on garbage. In 2013 they will change the tail lights back to bulbs.
are the bulbs clear or should i wait for 2015 mid production update for that.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future

Seriously, have any of you ever thought that some people might need a Tip or DSG style of transmission to be able to enjoy this car? You do not see me or others putting down your choice.
DSG is really a kewl feature. If you haven't driven one please go check out the 2.0 vw gti with this. it really rocks!!! I love it, but i would still get manual, like most purist having the extra pedal and more involvement feels like we are working harder to be a better driver.
:-) btw, tip sucks...

Old 04-24-2007, 11:05 PM
^ i agree, the new GTI with DSG is really a cool package. the only problem with it is it will automatically upshift for you at redline.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
are the bulbs clear or should i wait for 2015 mid production update for that.
no back to LED in 2015

Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
this sounds good to me, 370 hp for the 997S is gonna be niceeeeeee.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by lardog
no back to LED in 2015
damn. kinda like 997 going back to looking like the 993.
these people are driving me NUTTTS!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I believe the mvast majority of ferrari's are now delivered with F1 tranny. BMW autos and dsg also outnumber sticks.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
I believe the mvast majority of ferrari's are now delivered with F1 tranny. BMW autos and dsg also outnumber sticks.
correct. i think about 10% of all cars sold in usa is stick.
most get the f1 tranny i the ferraris as well.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrloM3
actually, it's driving skill that will allow one to pass another on the track. Tip or DSG just "cheats" and shifts faster than any one person can.

you have to recognize that Porsche purists will always vote for the manual. the same debate exists with the Ferrari, Lambo, BMW enthusiasts, etc.
Of course that is true but the gearing has a lot to do with it. Take Barber Motorsposts park for example...the Tip is much fast there due to the gearing and can pass a 6 speed coming out of turns 4, 5 into 6 and after the cork screw.

I have to pick a Tip or the new clutchless manual because I wear a prosthetic for a left lef and can not push a clutch anymore. Heel and toe is an art but I can see down the road where it will be a lost art of driving....and yes that is too bad.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
like double clutching

Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 AM
porschester is infamous around these parts

if you find the 6 speed tough, get the DSG

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche to give 2008 911 DSG, direct injection