997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need someone to drive my Targa 4S...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:15 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Need someone to drive my Targa 4S...

I'm going to Laguna Seca on Monday Jan 8th from bay area (San Mateo). I want to take the GT and the Targa.

I need someone who:

- wants to get up real early and drive to my home then drive with me to Laguna Seca and then come back that same day (about 90 mins each way)
- has a 996 or 997 and knows how to drive one (no first timers)
- ideally likes to take photos and video and can be the photo/videographer for the day (as you won't be able to drive on the track) I have a camera and HD video camera.
- I'll also throw in ten $20's for your trouble (and 3 hours in a Targa 4S)
- (added) A few hot laps with me in the GT (but you have to video at least one lap)

If you are interested, let me know. Serious replies only, as no one wants you to wreck the Targa, I just got it .

Last edited by fayence; 01-05-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
would love to ride shotgun and help out with the photos but im out on biz first 3 days next week...at least I sched'd myself to fly in early to phx so I can get out on PIR sunday tho

are u going to run both pcars out there

Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 PM
fayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura aboutfayence has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eshaun
are u going to run both pcars out there
Yes, I was to try out the Targa on the track, I need to use that 'sport' button for something.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:30 PM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
Oh man, if I had lived closer, I would have done it for free... well for a GT drive.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by PRS29
Oh man, if I had lived closer, I would have done it for free... well for a GT drive.
Good point, I'll do some GT hot laps with the driver and we can videotape the entire thing.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
I might be available to help. I don't own a Porsche, but everyone that knows me knows I'm an excellent driver (never been in an accident, ever). I own an M3 and have ridden in a lot of different Porsches, so I wouldn't consider myself an amateur. I also love to take pictures, used to have an SLR but sold it. I live in Palo Alto.

I'm very busy with work, but I should be able to take the day off, sounds like a fun experience.

How long will you be at the track? Shoot me a PM...

Last edited by schnellerm3; 01-06-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
haha..sport button doesnt see much action in/out of SF traffic unfortunately unless i'm heading in at 6am...In the m3, the throttle sensitivity is the same at high rpm's so it doesnt really make a difference whether its on or off in my experience. Since that's all it affects I often don't even bother with it out there. What does it adjust on the 997?

Also happy to vouch for GoWide/andrew as your pilot or copilot, ive trusted him behind the wheel of my M before.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:31 AM
osj911 is infamous around these parts
I would be willing to come home from school to do this. I do lots of photography and just got a new lens for my 20d. I have put about 5k miles on my dad's 996tt and know the car real well. Only thing is I'm 18, BUT I'm a responsible 18 year old. We could always have an interview... haha let me know though.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
I wish I could get off of work

+2 votes for Andrew/GoWide,
I've known him for a few years, been on a few drives together and would definately trust him with the car.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:28 AM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
You live on the wrong coast, otherwise I'd gladly do it.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MrBonus
You live on the wrong coast, otherwise I'd gladly do it.
ummmmm, no... I would say YOU live on the wrong coast

Old 01-06-2007, 12:01 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by fayence
I'm going to Laguna Seca on Monday Jan 8th from bay area (San Mateo). I want to take the GT and the Targa.

I need someone who:

- wants to get up real early and drive to my home then drive with me to Laguna Seca and then come back that same day (about 90 mins each way)
- has a 996 or 997 and knows how to drive one (no first timers)
- ideally likes to take photos and video and can be the photo/videographer for the day (as you won't be able to drive on the track) I have a camera and HD video camera.
- I'll also throw in ten $20's for your trouble (and 3 hours in a Targa 4S)
- (added) A few hot laps with me in the GT (but you have to video at least one lap)

If you are interested, let me know. Serious replies only, as no one wants you to wreck the Targa, I just got it .
I don't mean to nitpick (and I'm not applying for the job), but if I remember correctly your 997 is an automatic, correct? If so, I think ownership of any performance oriented/quick car would be sufficient experience. An all-wheel drive car with an automatic transmission (even with 300+hp) isn't going to get anyone with some brains in trouble. As it is, your criteria is narrowing your options pretty good.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I don't mean to nitpick (and I'm not applying for the job), but if I remember correctly your 997 is an automatic, correct? If so, I think ownership of any performance oriented/quick car would be sufficient experience. An all-wheel drive car with an automatic transmission (even with 300+hp) isn't going to get anyone with some brains in trouble. As it is, your criteria is narrowing your options pretty good.
True, but I overshoot just so I can weed out people trying to go for a joy ride.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Where is that guy that totalled a 993TT and a 996TT +1 for him as the driver, some people are total idiots...

Either way some West Coaster that we know should be up for this where are all our photo guru's when our man needs help...huh?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:12 PM
POR5CHE1 is infamous around these parts
Fayence, PM sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need someone to drive my Targa 4S...