997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bilstein PSS9... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blakt out
Man, I hope you're wrong. I have the set now in a box in my foyer. They're supposed to be for PASM. I hope I got one of those for real! I will hopefully have them on in a week or so. The shop's 3 hours away and I'm slammed at work.

Could I actually really have gotten the PASM ones?
I'm not sure about the PASM, but I heard somewhere on the board that they were able to figure out how to disable the PASM so the error message do not show up when they do the coilover upgrade.

There are a lot of different opinions on the Pss9s vs. the X74, etc. but overall the benefit of the Pss9s will be their adjustability in both firmness and height.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:47 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough

Here is mine with KWs, can lower it a lot more

Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
what's the point of paying for PASM and then tearing the whole setup out?

i assume once you install the PASM friendly PSS9's that you lose the ability to adjust the damping from inside the car.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
what's the point of paying for PASM and then tearing the whole setup out?

i assume once you install the PASM friendly PSS9's that you lose the ability to adjust the damping from inside the car.

Well said..

The PASM Pss9 kit works very well and you retain the functionality of all the cars electronics...

If you have a PASM equipped car why not do it right with the proper suspensoin...

The idea of bypassing PASM is great on a track car where a driver wants more control and doesnt need the car stepping and saying NO- NO you cant do that..

Old 02-02-2007, 07:19 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
So can you stil adjust the ride quality from the inside with the PSS9 pasm kits?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:21 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
My kit is being installed right now. They asked me what settings to put it all in. I have only rec'd one thought on the setting for compression and rebound (3 in back, 4 in front) and one other that alluded to a 35mm drop all around. Is this right? Anything/anyone else? Let me know, please. I'll work with it once we have it on, but I'd like to have a good place to start.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you the numbers you selected are a great start. I am using the same settings. I wouldn't go any lower with the PSS9's. That's a perfect drop for that setup.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Dog. That's what we'll go with unless someone on here tells me rationally why I should do something different. I really appreciate it.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
Not sure how I missed this thread but does the sport button still work inside the car to change from soft to hard? And if not why the pasm pss9 couldn't you use regular and have dealer clear fault code?

TIA.