997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bilstein PSS9... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Bilstein PSS9... thoughts?

Hey guys,

I'm about to order some PSS9s for my Carrera S with PASM. Any of you that have these or know about them and can either give me a hoorah or a boo hoo on them?

Any words appreciated. Thanks much.

JC

Old 01-11-2007, 03:41 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I have them on my car and they are great, the only gripe that I have about them is thaat they don't go extremely low like the KW V3's, mine are set all the way down and I still have half a finger gap. The KW's can tuck tire and still have more to threads left to lower the car more.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:46 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I have H&R lowering springs now, and I have about the same half-finger... width that is. So, not to be obvious, but how's the ride? looks like you have 20s too. Can you actually make it... dare I say... comfortable?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
My wheels are actually 19's, and the ride isn't too bad. It's definitely stiffer than stock but not jarring, just a lot more tuned. There are times though that can be very rough when I hit some rough areas on the freeway at 80. Mine are set at 3 in the back and 4 up front, 1 being the most stiff.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by v35
My wheels are actually 19's, and the ride isn't too bad. It's definitely stiffer than stock but not jarring, just a lot more tuned. There are times though that can be very rough when I hit some rough areas on the freeway at 80. Mine are set at 3 in the back and 4 up front, 1 being the most stiff.

Good looking car!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:22 PM
That's just downright gorgeous. Thanks for taking the time to show me all that and give me your settings. I'll likely start out there. Might be different with the 20s. Is your car the gloss black or the basalt black metallic? I have the latter. I'm also taking off my body parts and putting it back to stock. Just like the look more, to tell the truth. Also, my Cargraphic stuff doesn't fit very well. Anyways, gorgeous.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
KWV3's are awesome. It is nice to have separate Compression and Rebound settings.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
what does that do to the pasm circuity when you take on the stock stuff and replace it?

fwiw, pss9's can go pretty damn low. at least they can be set really low. problem is that they're not designed to run that low. it eats up all their designed suspension travel. they are a 99 percent street setup. bilstein says around 35mm at most which is plenty for most people. you could probably get away with a little more if you really wanted it. when i was speaking with bilstein they said if you want to "slam" your car, but something else. i went with them and they are a definite improvement over stock.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
v35
Originally Posted by blakt out
That's just downright gorgeous. Thanks for taking the time to show me all that and give me your settings. I'll likely start out there. Might be different with the 20s. Is your car the gloss black or the basalt black metallic? I have the latter. I'm also taking off my body parts and putting it back to stock. Just like the look more, to tell the truth. Also, my Cargraphic stuff doesn't fit very well. Anyways, gorgeous.

My car is the gloss black, sometimes less is more when it comes to exterior parts, are you going to sell off your cargraphic parts?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah. I probably will sell them off. Any takers?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Quick6 is infamous around these parts
V35, I really like the look of your car. Very tasteful.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
what does that do to the pasm circuity when you take on the stock stuff and replace it?

fwiw, pss9's can go pretty damn low. at least they can be set really low. problem is that they're not designed to run that low. it eats up all their designed suspension travel. they are a 99 percent street setup. bilstein says around 35mm at most which is plenty for most people. you could probably get away with a little more if you really wanted it. when i was speaking with bilstein they said if you want to "slam" your car, but something else. i went with them and they are a definite improvement over stock.
I agree with what Dog says stick with the 35mm drop, I have the PSS9s setup the same way and the car is perfect. I added the H&R sway bars with the drop links car is corner balanced ride is sweet! If your in N.CA have Sharkwerks.com do the set-up they do a great job. If you drop it more your just asking for trouble at least with the roads in CA.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
tkarwin is infamous around these parts
When you lower a car too much, you can really f-up the geometry in the suspension and the car can handle worse, and be unsafe. PSS9s are a great system. I have them on my A4Q.

v35, What front lip is that? It looks great! Also, how did you go about getting sponsored by both meguiars and dunlop? Great car, love the HREs.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Pss9's for PASM cars have not been officially released by Bilstien..

A few sets have been released for testing and fitting.. We installed a set for a client and the ride is very nice.. It is a very good option over the springs. The ride is comfortable- firm but compliant.. Much better than just springs.
PASM works perfectly and there are no christmas tree lights going off on the dash..

The NON PASM equipped 997 Pss9's are availabe now.

Expected delivery for the PASM cars are sometime in March.. We have 10 sets on order and about as many pre-orders. Final pricing has not been determined but is expected to be less than 3k..

Feel free to email me directly for more info

fabryce@gmgracing.com

Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Man, I hope you're wrong. I have the set now in a box in my foyer. They're supposed to be for PASM. I hope I got one of those for real! I will hopefully have them on in a week or so. The shop's 3 hours away and I'm slammed at work.

Could I actually really have gotten the PASM ones?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9... thoughts?