997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Holy ****!!!!

Am I the only one who read his first post? It said, if money were no object. He never one time said that someone could not afford the TT. Even in his above post, which apparently none of you read, he said again that us being car nuts, he was having a hard time believing that if money were no object we would not opt for the TT...

Wow...

Old 03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tblackj
Holy ****!!!!

Am I the only one who read his first post? It said, if money were no object. He never one time said that someone could not afford the TT. Even in his above post, which apparently none of you read, he said again that us being car nuts, he was having a hard time believing that if money were no object we would not opt for the TT...

Wow...
I read it the same way you did...

Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Ok children let's quit fighting and get back on the original topic or I will close down this thread.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
Ok children let's quit fighting and get back on the original topic or I will close down this thread.

What was the original point of this thread?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCM3
I didnt mean to make this a whos poor thread. Clearly i was just stating with enough money to buy the higher version of a car (and you are a true car nut) you would definitely buy the higher version. Simple as that, it doesnt mean your poor or stupid.
The core problem is that you are just plain wrong. If you think you can apply some opinion of yours to others as a standard of how they do thing, then you'e just plain stupid. Up to you to choose.

EDIT

Originally Posted by buddyg

Sorry, back to the thread.

Last edited by gravedgr; 03-02-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:44 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by v35
Taza,
All people just don't think like you, so don't assume that people will always buy the top of the line car just because they have the money. Most people who have a concept of money buy what is reasonable to them and what would make them happy instead of buying the best thing they can afford just because they have the money. I don't blame them for getting defensive about it, you're basically telling them they don't have Turbo's because they can't afford it when it couldn't be further from the truth and that it's based on preference, especially when bragging that your dad or whoever in your household has an S and a TT in the garage and that you'd never sit in the 'S' as if it was some sort of leper. You have an M3 with $$$ put into it so you obviously have the money to spend, but why an e46 M3? If you have so much money, why don't you have a more expensive newer, top of the line car? Oh what is that? Preference?... Ohhhh ok....
Whenever someone cant continue an argument with facts they must resort to personal comments. Mommy and Daddy didnt buy my M3 or the mods that went into it (could have bought 2 997s's). The S i bought from my uncle to sell it, the 997tt was bought my my father and I.

Once again your getting defensive and cant comprehend the original meaning i had. The M3 at the time i bought was top of the line. Why didnt i buy a 325? Also ive put money into my car that turns out makes more power then top of the line cars along. This is a very different comparison you are trying to make.

Actually i would think that the majority of people who can afford the 100k 997S can afford or will be able to afford the TT. And i think we all know that, so there is no need to compare the two cars (its like comparing a 325/330 to an M3)
Also there alot of people who think further ahead about their finances and dont want to sacrifice the extra cash (even though they can) for a "higher" version. There is no need to "justify" anything to anyone, alot of the people who purchase such cars purchase them with their own money...not mommy and daddy's.
Yet another personal attack! Mommy and Daddy is that the only thing you guys can come up with? Theres plenty of kids around here that their daddys bought them there cars and guys who keep begging their dads to buy them used modded cars, well sorry im not one of them.

Yes it is, anyone with the money to spend on cars would buy a M3 over a 325, plain and simple. Same thing here.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Game over SCM you proved your point and you win. Lets move on in life and not get into silver spoons and plastic spoons. Who owns what and who owns more is no relevance in this thread.........SCM you are the winner. Please pm me and I will give you a shirt. I am not joking. Here's a picture of the shirt and in no ways this is a threat. Its a gift to share my aloha with you.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Please pm size.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
"the 997tt was bought my my father and I."............. So you and your Dad put down half and half? Do you share the car? Pick what days you get to drive? Just don't get it..Sorry. Please explain.. Last time me and my dad bought a car together, I was 16 and couldn't aford the car by myself...

Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Game over SCM you proved your point and you win. Lets move on in life and not get into silver spoons and plastic spoons. Who owns what and who owns more is no relevance in this thread.........SCM you are the winner. Please pm me and I will give you a shirt. I am not joking. Here's a picture of the shirt and in no ways this is a threat. Its a gift to share my aloha with you.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Please pm size.
Nice gesture, Byron... BJJ shirts always put a smile on my face (unless I see a nerd with a "Full Contact Fighter" shirt and then I shake my head in disgust).

Old 03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by meaker
"the 997tt was bought my my father and I."............. So you and your Dad put down half and half? Do you share the car? Pick what days you get to drive? Just don't get it..Sorry. Please explain.. Last time me and my dad bought a car together, I was 16 and couldn't aford the car by myself...
Please don't ask him any more questions.

We just need him to go away............far away!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Guys, please don't fall victim to the obvious troll.
Haha this thread is awesome. Im just scrolling through this laughing at what you guys are writing. And I almost just spit my coffee out coming upon this. "Dont fall victim to the obvious TROLL" Haha. Forums wouldnt be forums with out these TROLLS. I personally dont like Porsche I think Ferraris are better haha JK guys IM TROLLING BABY .

Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
Haha this thread is awesome. Im just scrolling through this laughing at what you guys are writing. And I almost just spit my coffee out coming upon this. "Dont fall victim to the obvious TROLL" Haha. Forums wouldnt be forums with out these TROLLS. I personally dont like Porsche I think Ferraris are better haha JK guys IM TROLLING BABY .
Ferrari's are better. I'd love to rock a 430 spyder on Thames street in Newport in July. Or maybe park it in front of the Fish Company downtown on a Friday night. Or even better, Colt State Park on a Sunday. Guaranteed action with the big haired Cranston girls

Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Ferrari's are better. I'd love to rock a 430 spyder on Thames street in Newport in July. Or maybe park it in front of the Fish Company downtown on a Friday night. Or even better, Colt State Park on a Sunday. Guaranteed action with the big haired Cranston girls
DD how do you know about all my spots and especially all those Cranston girls

Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
DD how do you know about all my spots and especially all those Cranston girls
I spent my formative years in Riverside and Newport I went to high school in Warwick. Other than the weather, I really miss it. I'm planning a trip up there as soon as it gets a bit warmer. My dad still lives in Newport on Spring Street. My mom just sold her place in Riverside. It's a great state, highly underated. Not to mention I actually got to see the Beastie Boys live at Rocky Point. The mosh pit will always be a fond memory

I think I've been in FL too long now. I actually pronounce my "R"'s now

Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I spent my formative years in Riverside and Newport I went to high school in Warwick. Other than the weather, I really miss it. I'm planning a trip up there as soon as it gets a bit warmer. My dad still lives in Newport on Spring Street. My mom just sold her place in Riverside. It's a great state, highly underated. Not to mention I actually got to see the Beastie Boys live at Rocky Point. The mosh pit will always be a fond memory

I think I've been in FL too long now. I actually pronounce my "R"'s now
Bro u dont want to come back here. I HATE THIS STATE. Winters suck yea the summer is nice but last 3 months then its ****TY for the rest. And the roads blow for a PCAR these have to be the worst roads in the States. Stay where you are im ready to move to FLA where I can go topless all year round. NOW MY CAYYYY is in the YADDDDDD and its cold and im eating CHOWWWDAAAA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt